UK marvel

Discussion in 'Comics (1985-2018)' started by Thundergod, May 25, 2016.

1. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Hello just after help or recommendations on how best to store and keep comics? I've nearly completed the UK run and need to now protect them. What are best plastic wallets and size to use, are there different grade back boards also? Any ideas or sites to use to get supplies would be great . Thank you

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Congrats on nearly completing the collection. :D
    I would suggest going into you local comic book store or checking the measurements as I know that the UK comic size is larger than the standard US comic size. They should be able to advise you on the best boards and plastic to store them.

3. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a comic store in my home town but I'll be making a trip to the city soon soo I'll defo look up a store. The UK line is almost A4 in size as I keep them in an A4 folder but want to get them in proper wallets.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would need to get some for my UK comics.

5. William Graves

William Graves Glass Walker

I know this an older thread but I was curious if you was able to figure this out? I recently purchased a few of the early issues from the U.k just waiting for them to come in.

6. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Sadly they are still in A4 wallets at the moe. But a comic store just opened in my town soo I'm going to see what they have... only need #129 and collected comic 6... loved collecting and reading these.

7. William Graves

I got #1 with prism intact and #3-6. they are too wide for our bags over here. I even bought golden age bags thinking they were big enough but these comics are just too wide lol

Thundergod likes this.
  8. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

#1 with free gift is great,I only ever planned on owning #1 but I couldn't stop once I started. Think I have 3 #1 now with buying bulk lots to get other numbers I needed. I'll let you know what I find to store them.

William Graves likes this.
  9. William Graves

Thanks I plan on sending some to cbcs to get graded for the protection. but need something to protect them till I can send them off

10. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

There are three bag materials for storing comics/magazines: mylar, polyethylene, and polypropylene. This article will help you decide:

https://comicspectrumblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/09/storing-your-comics-bags-boards-boxes-oh-my/

I needed some bags to store old magazines. I was interested in Mylar as it's the best, but found it hard to come by in the UK and too expensive to ship from the US. Then I found this seller on ebay UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/valentinecomics/m.html

He is, to my knowledge, the only person in the UK selling Mylar bags at good prices and free postage. I've made a few purchases from him.

Most people in the UK use Polyethylene bags I think... it's up to you! What does everyone else use?