UK Star Comics

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by berbillion, Feb 9, 2010.

1. berbillion

berbillion Berbill

i have all the US Marvel comics and Wildstorm comics. i did not find out until recently that the UK had a much larger run of comic books. looking through some of them online, they at times seem a bit cheesy. are these worth the high cost to purchase?

are there any histories discussed in these comics worth sharing? i remember seeing something about the Berbil's "secret," what is that?

are any other characters explored in more detail?

2. Ghost9

Ghost9 Junior Member

I've been considering whether to get these or not, too. I have I think 5 of the 7 annuals, which are mostly reprints, but are still pretty cool. From all that I've read, there are 129 issues of the UK series. I missed out on a lot on ebay not too long ago where there were 78 issues for sale. I think they went for about $1.50 each, which isn't bad at all. I've gotten the annuals for about $5 each including shipping from Britain. They seem pretty easy to find and can be had for fairly cheap.

3. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

4. Ghost9

Ghost9 Junior Member

Yes, you've got great info on them, Purrsia! The best on the web, hands down. I think they are kind of unique and quirky, which makes them pretty cool in my eyes. Thanks again for having such a wealth of knowledge and information available on your site!

5. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

Thanks! Glad you found it useful.

6. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Angie's (Purrsia's) site definitely is awesome, I've actually referred to it myself a number of times over the years writing content for this site! :)

Purrsia = ThunderGoddess! :)

Take care... :)