Unofficial ThunderCats Classics Collection Guide

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Wakko, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Wakko

Wakko Junior Member

Hey all -
    For awhile I've been working on an unofficial Masters of the Universe Classics Collection Guide. You can see it here.
    It was only natural that eventually I'd get around to including ThunderCats Classic as well. With the announcement that Mattel plans to continue the line, I was re-motivated to get to the pages covering ThunderCats. You can take a look at the first two spreads below. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serval, shortfuse and Sebastiaan like this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

Love it!!!!!!!!!! Was secretly hoping you would do this.... please do the rest too if you have time / can. And I will also help if you need any assistance.

3. Wakko

Wakko Junior Member

Thank you! I'm glad you like it! Here are the rest. Let me know if you see any mistakes/omissions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sebastiaan, shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I enjoy these very much. I hope you'll do the same for Joe Amaro's custom ThunderCats figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

This is great. My only nitpick would be the colours of the photos. The pics of the loose figures (other than Panthro) are quite different to the ones in the box. I think the boxed one is quite a good representation of the real colours, where the loose pics look very yellow.

Also, you mention the prototype versions for Lion-O and Pumyra, any way of adding a picture of that?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Wow these are awesome! Hopefully we'll get plenty more figures for you to do in the TCats line!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Sebastiaan

Yippeeee!!! Thrilled to see these too. Just love them! With your permission may I repost these on FB and Instagram as part of the #tellmattel #wewantmorethundercats campaign? Will gladly tag you and give credit. You can contact me directly on either platform.

8. Sebastiaan

One thing I noticed and I may be wrong - I recall that the Sword of Plundar’s hilt-only version also appeared in the original? Have to go back to the episode to double check but I almost remember Mumm-Ra on new ThundeRa with it holding it aloft before it “grew”.

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  9. Sebastiaan

I like that idea of showing those too. One comment absent from Pumyra is maybe her length? I love that you included though that they looked different at first. Excellent work buddy!!!! I love it.

10. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Yep that version of the sword of plundar is from the classic toon.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

These are excellent! Thank you for making them!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Wakko

Wakko Junior Member

Go for it!!!

Sebastiaan likes this.