Upcoming Summer Movies...

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

What are you guys looking forward to seeing in the theaters come May?

X-Men 3: The Last Stand - May
    Cars - June/July
    Superman Returns - June/July

Those are the three in particular I'm looking forward to...

2. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I have no idea what is coming out other than what you have mentioned so I'll just give my opinion on the 3 you mentioned.

X-Men 3: The Last Stand - I liked the first two, but the director abandoning the series has me worried.

Cars- I saw a preview for this before Eight Below (great movie btw) and I'm not interested at all. I like most Pixar movies, but talking cars just aren't my thing.

Superman Returns- I've never liked Superman so I can't say I'm looking forward to this one, but the trailer was decent.

3. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I cant wait to see V for Vendetta, and The second Sin City movie (I think it comes out this year, and the second pirates of the caribean, which I think also comes out this year) Plus there are a few other movies coming out I just cant remember when. Oh the second Ultimate Avengers movie comes out in the summer that should be fun.

4. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

After last year being chock full of movies I wanted to go and see, this year looks a little thin-on-the-ground - the only one that really appeals to me is Superman Returns, which I am actually quite eager to see! :)

I did also enjoy the first two X-Men movies, but not to the extent that I'd be inclined to go and see X-Men 3 in cinemas unless it was a case of me tagging along with someone for the ride. :)

Next year, however, should be a totally different story - Spider-Man 3, the Transformers live-action movie, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CGI movie (which I am *DESPERATE* to see!), those are just the ones I know are slated for release! We ought by then to be due a sequel to Batman Begins, and perhaps Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, maybe even another Chronicles of Narnia movie! However, for this year things are looking a bit thin. :(

Take care... :)

5. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

Are you kidding!

X-men 3, I nearly peed my pants when I saw a trailer.

Saw V-for Vindetta last night, it was really good.

Adam-

6. Rath Montchar

Rath Montchar Moleman

I'm looking forward to all three films TCL-Manny listed. Brian Spicer(I think that's his name) left X3 to direct Superman Returns.

I'm really excited about seeing Kelsey Grammar(Frasier) as the Beast.

7. Mark / Grizzlor

Yeah I was sad to see Bryan Singer (it's okay Rath, it happens ;)) leave X3, but if I wanted anyone to direct a Superman movie, it would have been him. Now, we get both movies in the same summer!

Hopefully, both are amazing!

8. Mark / Grizzlor

Thought I would bump this thread since the blockbuster season has officially started. So anyone watch the Da Vinci Code yet? I'm waiting for the crowd to die first...too much controversy right now.

X-Men III comes out next week...looking forward to that one very much!

9. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I'm in two distinct minds about the Da Vinci Code movie - I know so little about it, I don't know if I'd enjoy it or not. My knee-jerk reaction is that it would be a little bit dry for my tastes, but the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like it would appeal to me. I know some friends who are going and they've asked me if I'd like to come with them to see it - so, it's "make your mind up time" for me! ;)

Take care... :)

10. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

My 2 pics....DaVinci Code and Nacho Libre

11. Mark / Grizzlor

Gonna watch X3 on Saturday...so if you guys post a review about it, put spoiler warnings please!

12. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

Since I am a superhero geek, X-Men 3 but Superman Returns....meh is my thought on it, I ain't much for DC...much prefer Marvel which brings me to my over excitement of wanting Spider-Man 3. Got to wait another whole year :( Still if it is better than the first 2 then it is time well spent (I ain't saying the first to suck, they don't Spider-Man 2 was amazing).

Chris M