us brits may have to wait a bit longer for the toys

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by catamountain, Feb 16, 2011.

1. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

Hi there all,

I have just had a message from a Comics and Collectables shop that is not far from my parents here in the UK, and they said they will be stocking them, but according to their suppliers wont be available to Christmas/New Year.

So if we want them when they are available we either have to wait 4/5 months after the American release or order them from place like BBTS.

Oh well, these are def now going on my Christmas list

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for sharing. i am not surprised by this delay. it's quite reasonable.

Can you confirm if the Christmas/New Year stocking will also apply for the rest of Europe?

I come from Greece and i am concerned too over their release here

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

My colleague Neil spoke to our press contact at Warner Bros and asked him about the proposed launch date for the new ThunderCats stuff in the UK/Europe, and our contact responded that he had "no news on the international front right now". So, that supports the theory of there being a delay between the US and international releases. :(

Hopefully though the delay will be a matter of months rather than the full year we had to wait for the 200X MOTU cartoon and toyline to arrive in the UK! :(

Take care... :)

4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks Chris, it looks like that we, Europeans fans will have to be a little bit patient.

I was thinking to order them from BBTS but something inside me tells me to wait for the Toy shops shelves, even if that takes a few months, i want to live the joy of purchasing Thundercats directly from the local Toy stores! an experience i never has as a kid and like most of you guys back in the 80s!!

5. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Yeah as Chris says, no news on international release schedules, but as soon as we receive word we will be sure to post them up.

I'm with you Lordore. I'll be waiting to buy the new stuff from UK toy stores, but I will likely order Classics Lion-O online as I won't be able to wait to get him ;)

6. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

LOL, likewise - only in my case, that would probably extend to Classics Tygra as well! ;)

Take care... :)

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

UK Release

I am pretty sure we will get them around the same time as the USA. Comics and Collectables is only a small shop and not one of the leading UK toy stores, I say this as they do not stock a large amount of toys for mass retail to appeal to children, they are not like ToysRUs, Smyths, Argos or Toymaster etc.
    Merged Post:
    I want to use some money I have saved for the new Thundercats and go on a big spree when they are released and litteraly fill the trolley with the new figures (some doubles), Thundertank, Tower of Omens etc.
    But I would also like to go to some of the old Toy Shops where I got my original Thundercats toys way back. Oddly enough I can remember where every single one of them was bought....couple of the shops have closed down, but cross that bridge when we come to it....probably just make do in that case with wherever has the figure.:liono

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  8. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Who cares? I'll probably import my first lot even if they get delayed a month...

9. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

it seems that all toy stockists in the UK will have them at Christmas/New Year time according to my source Red Sun Comics and Collectables. Tis gonna make Christmas shopping this year so much fun :liono

10. Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes Junior Member

That's good news indeed for us Brits, catmountain. Keep us posted eh? FORBIDDEN PLANET LONDON are only pre-booking the big MEZCO LION-O so far - but that's cool, I'm getting that one anyway.

btw catamountain - where is your avatar from? has the footage from the new cartoon been released yet?

11. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

will do. I got my avatar from a screencap taken from the trailer of the new series, im sure there is a link somewhere here to the trailer

12. Speaking to a Bandai rep at the London toy fair he said that they were shipping out on Boxing day ready for release in January! He then went onto say that Bandai KNOWS they will exceed the demand. Maybe Jan release is a reflection on the UK release of the cartoon, im not sure.

13. Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes Junior Member

Seriously, a good friend (and fellow 80's animation/toys fan) and I were talking recently about how UK Toy Distributors; the suits, the deal-makers, the money men - have very little or no idea how big the adult toy collector market is. How they seem to think that only a name like STAR WARS can make money. They completely overlook the likes of TRANSFORMERS and the badly marketed yet very cool 2002 revamp of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE. I hope THUNDERCATS gets the exposure and awareness it deserves.

14. Atharun

Atharun Junior Member

It amazing how many fandoms have very large portions overseas (American here) but they almost always say the same thing. They seems to have a delay on toys and collectibles.

Is it because the "seasons" for airing shows are different? Here we usually get shows around August(sometimes end of July or into September). Also I can imagine the shipping cost for ordering overseas counterparts for toys/collectibles probably are ridiculous. Just wondering why things seem so different time fram wise.