[Videogame] Super Thundercats: The Lost Eye of Thundera

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Nelson, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, please let me know.

I made a fangame, called Super Thundercats: The Lost Eye of Thundera. It's a remake of the 1987 game. It features updated graphics and music, smoother gameplay, stages featuring the Thundertank, and a much needed final confrontation against Mumm-Ra (the original game ends abruptly after completing the last stage).

Get it from Gamejolt:
    http://gamejolt.com/games/super-thundercats-the-lost-eye-of-thundera/197654

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original Commodore 64 version:

[​IMG]

Original Amiga version

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Looks fantastic! :thumbsup How exactly can this game be played? Is it an executable file that runs the game when double clicked? Or does one require a SNES emulator?

Nelson likes this.
  3. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

Good question! It's a zipped EXE file. No emulator needed :)

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Wilycub likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Thanks for the clarification. :) My internet's been a bit sluggish for the past couple of days. As soon as it is back to normal, I'll download the game. I remember playing the Commodore version many years ago but seemed to get stuck in one level. It was almost like a dead end from which one could not move forward. Maybe it was a glitch in the online game.

I remember some years ago I came across some WIP pics of a "Street Fighter" type ThunderCats fan game that was in the works. I don't know if the person ever managed to complete that game, but the graphics looked pretty nice. :)

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This looks outstanding! I am at work but will have to download it on my laptop.

6. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

It was probably a Mugen project. I know that at least one char and one background were made for it years ago

7. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

Thanks a lot. But please manage your expectations. This is a pretty basic and short game.

adssse likes this.
  8. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I thought it was fun. nice job.

Nelson likes this.
  9. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Well done, my friend. The updated graphics are vastly superior. :cheetara

Nelson likes this.
  10. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

11. FellowThunderian

FellowThunderian Junior Member

Thanks for this :smile I had the game on the Amstrad CPC 6128, and there were even fewer colours in the palette on that version :eek: I look forward to playing this :geek