Vintage Stinger, Driller and Safari Joe Listed on Ebay

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by HTFToys, Feb 11, 2006.

1. HTFToys

HTFToys New Member

I just recently listed the above listed figures on ebay. I would have listed them here, but I felt I did not have enough credability on this board. I am a powerseller w/ 600+ positive feedbacks. The figures are dead MINT. I removed them from a bad card took the picture and placed them back into the original blister. Here are the links. Thanks, James

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6035930359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6035930088&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6035929857&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Do these figures come with the blister bubble and card backs?

and just out of interest were they on US or Euro cards?

3. HTFToys

HTFToys New Member

They will definately be in the blister front and back. I don't have the cards left. They were very small. Pretty much the size of the blister. To be honest, I am not sure if they were foriegn or US. Sorry, I was not alot of help. Thank you. James

Just a note: I do have 5 more complete Mint figures. They are Panthro, (Young) Tygra, Monkian, Jackylman, Top Spinner. I will probably be listing them on Monday. James

4. blackiecats

Wow you got an amazing price for the Stinger figure! :shock:

Though I could have got 2 carded Stingers for that price! :lol:

Congrats though on the great sale!

5. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

:) And just to know that I have 2 AFA Stingers on the way.One to sell one to keep :)

6. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

I think the reason that the stinger went so high was because a bidder kept pushing the bids up. I'm not suggesting anything shady was happening, but I do think that the bidder is new to ebay and isn't quite familiar with the bidding process. He seems to bid on items very early and continues to push the prices up when he is outbid. I have noticed him doing it in 3 or 4 auctions recently.

I also presume that he doesn't know the value of the items, so he just bids to win.

7. MannysCollectibles

Better for the seller? And if you got the loot to pay for it why not....hehe.I'll be posting my AFA Stinger on Ebay when i get it.It will help me get more Thundercats :)

8. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

Absolutely! that guys is a sellers dream.... but on the other hand he is also a collectors worst nightmare. :D

its all good though. Like you said, If you got the cash why not.

9. HTFToys

HTFToys New Member

If we are talking about the guy w/ the user id dr. something.....he called me about 3 days into the auction and asked a ton of questions. He then went on to state that he is a Dr. in the state he is from and has really liked thundercats since they were out. He told me that he was going to do his best to win the figures. He was super upset when he was outbid. I kind of felt bad, because he called me like 5 times in the last hour stoked to get them. When he was outbid he was like "ebay has a five day pay rule". If the winners don't pay in 5 days, call me and I will pay immediately. I gave him the auction numbers of the other stinger and driller on ebay and he insisted that if he wins them or not call him if the other person(s) don't pay. One thing I found interesting was that he said he had a "redeye". I did'nt think he was produced. Anyone with confirmation?

Oh yeah, I can honestly say that this auction was 100% fair. I had several offers from members on this board asking me to close the auction. I never did, and I do not believe in shill bidding. I just want everyone to know that. I appreciate all the kind words and I too was surprised on how high they went. I figured $70-75. Thanks again everyone. James

10. MannysCollectibles

Good sale James...although I think the price was too high for the Stinger it's all about what the buyer is willing to spend. Im not going to say how much i paid for my 2 MOC Stingers but its close to what the loose one was sold for. Stingers always command a high price even when theyre loose. Good luck in your future sales....wish mine went that high. I too was contacted by this Dr. he seemed really cool and I didnt mind him calling for info.He didnt ask me to my end my auctions or anything but was more like inquiring if i had anything extra and if in the future to call him ahead before putting any auctions up.

11. HTFToys

HTFToys New Member

Manny, do you know anything about Redeye? Was he produced or could it be a proto? Thanks, James

12. MannysCollectibles

If he does have a redeye it is possible he is talking about a custom made Redeye.I'd have to see it but if he does have a prototype version of it we're talkin aboout big bucks...see if you can get pics from him and we'll look it thru

13. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

Did a little investigating regarding this dr.khaledqasim fellow... could he possibly be the same khaledqasim ebayer who is 'no longer registered' with a feedback of (-3)?
    This speaks louder than anything you guys can provide to me:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=khaledqasim

by the way... nice to bash a fellow board member on a board he actually visits... I've never seen a Stinger loose with the wings, so I guess to me it was an alright deal. Have to break down sooner or later, thundercats arent becoming easier to find, especially with new merchandise in Hot Topic and interest being stirred up with the DVD releases.

If this guy is so into the Thundercats, you'd think he'd be bidding on things a little 'larger' than the two Tygra variants (as seen in his feedback). You can believe what you want, but I smell a rat... someone who just drives up the bids (for ALL TCat Auctions). I talk to people all the time who come off as nice people, but truth be told are total a$$^&%s.

14. MannysCollectibles

There was no bashing on a fellow member, it was just said that a bidder couldve been driving up the bids, thats Ebay and it does not mean there was fake or shill bidding going on. Sometimes people do get lucky and end up selling items at a higher than normal price.Thundercats no doubt are getting harder and harder to find, prices will go higher the more demand there is.

15. blackiecats

Nobody is bashing you. It's your given right to pay what you want and I'm sure everyone respects that.

But people will always comment on ended auctions and the rising Ebay prices comparing them to auctions of yesterday/yesteryear.

The Stinger is a very cool rare piece that even I don't have complete in my loose collection. So congratulations on getting The Stinger and now let's move on :D

16. tcatempire

tcatempire Junior Member

Im not saying that anyone was doing anything questionable, but I also noticed that he bid on those two Tygra figures and found it quite strange. When someone is bidding $200+ on loose figures you would think they know what figures are worth collecting, but if you look at those 2 Tygras they appear to be nothing great (not even complete). Its almost like he bought them quick just so he could get some feedback.

Once again, Im not accusing anyone of anything, but the guy does seem to be bidding very inconsistently.... Each to his own though.