Vintage Thundertank help

Discussion in 'LJN ThunderCats Toys' started by Gerrit, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

All, I recently bought a vintage ThunderTank and it is in a pretty good shape, except for the tracks ... I need help please, where can I get tracks ? I already tried ebay and I can only find one pair (custom treads for $60) ... is there any other place I can look ?

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Id try and get a battered one with tracks and switch them over. Or even better, 2 battered ones with one track each and make a complete pair from them.

I see there is one I pretty bad shape on ebay now with 2 complete tracks. Starting bid $9.99. 302759535679

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I believe the link you posted is that of the Buddy-L Remote Controlled Thundertank and not the LJN one. ;)

But I agree with your suggestion. It might be cheaper just to buy a battered Thundertank and then switch the tracks rather than just buying the tracks, which are quite expensive (unless one goes for the repro tracks).

4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Oh bollox, you're right. Well I'd still keep a look out for tanks in bad shape with good tracks. I put my tank together from 3 tanks that had different issues. I ended up with one that's very nice and sold the 2 that were made from all the worst bits.

5. tone

tone Junior Member

There's a guy on FB in one of the groups that makes tracks for $40/pair