visionaries

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by mr freeze, Mar 8, 2016.

1. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

does anyone remember visionaries knights of the magical light . from 1987 it only had a run of 13 episodes
    i loved it as a kid and collected them a few years back . i have seen online that hasbro might be bringing them back along with
    gi joe and a couple of other lines from the 80s . i really hope visionaries gets the go ahead as there was a lot of proto types that
    never made it as the line got scraped after the first series . any fans here interested to see them make a comeback .

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love Hasbro to bring Visionaries back. It was a great cartoon series that had so much potential and the toys were pretty great. It's a shame they never made the two female characters, I had all the toys and figures except for Mortredd and the Skyclaw,

Wilycub likes this.
  3. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i agree it was a great cartoon . i had all the figures plus three vehicles moc misb the only one i did not manage to get was the capture chariot with feryl . i sold it all off a couple of years back for a pretty penny . regretted it ever since .

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I did the same with my Thundercats, M.A.S.K., Visionaries and Galaxy Rangers etc.

5. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i think m.a.s.k was in the talking of a comeback to . always remember playing with my switchblade with miles mayhem figure as a kid . the good old days

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Oddly enough I kept the first M.A.S.K. toy I ever got and still have it 100% complete with all its original accessories in great condition. The Thunderhawk with Matt Tracker. :D I am amazed over all the years with all the play it got that it stayed complete and in such good condition. Man I would be really tempted to get my M.A.S.K. toys back again. :rolleyes: Maybe Hasbro will unveil some new ones at SDCC. It would be cool if they were the same scale as the old toys then they could use the old figures and accessories.

mr freeze likes this.
  7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i'am looking forward to sdcc this year to see what is in the offering for the thundercats and hoping visionaries gets some sort of mention .

Mark M likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

So much cool stuff. Not just Thundercats but Visionaries, MA.S.K., Micronauts, Batman Animated/Superman/ Justice League, DC Icons, Marvel Legends, TMNT, Voltron, Robotech etc.

9. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i try to stick to one or two lines at the most . the more you collect the more it costs :cautious

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Ever since I sold of the vast majority of my collection a few years ago the only thing I kind of collect now is the odd Marvel legends figure. Other than that I don't really collect anything...even though there are lots of things I would love to collect again.

11. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

same has me really i don't collect anything at all at the moment . only ever collected visionaries and ghostbusters line from mattel but as ive said there long gone .
    i'am going to stick with the t cats line till the end for sure . i considered collecting the 80s t cats line a few years back but the prices soon killed that idea .

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I sold my Thundercats figure collection in September 2014. :( I had all the figures except for Young Tygra, Driller and Stinger. The plastic on them started to degrade, get very sticky and get brown mould spots so I decided to sell them and get a bit of cash before they got any worse.

mr freeze likes this.
  13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i bet you still got a pretty penny for them ? the figures with top notch cards seem to go for crazy money depending on what figure it is .

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I got around £500 for all of them. Pumyra being loose but fully complete with her original weapon made £40 and a good few of the other went for around £20 each.

15. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i got £700 for my eight carded visionaries that i paid £130 for . i paid £50 for my dagger assault misb and got £350 for that . the sky claw and lance cycle i pretty much broke even with . so i didn't do to bad .

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Dagger assault with Rekkon was the first Visionaries toy I got. After 20+ years of play mine was in really rough shape when I sold it. I think I got about £20 for it.

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

the dagger assault is the hardest to find misb along with the capture chariot . £20 for one you had from being a kid is not to bad .

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah especially considering the condition it was in. It had definitely been through a war. Oddly enough the Capture Chariot and Lancer Cycle faired a lot better and were all still 100% complete and working when I sold them.

19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i only ever had one of the figures as a kid they were really hard to come by for some reason . but i loved the cartoon .

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Back when I got the toys when I was about 5 in 1990 (some shops here in Ireland still had older stock stuff on sale like in the shop I got all my Visionaries is the same one I got the vast majority of MOTU, Galaxy Rangers and Defenders of the Earth figures) I had only ever seen two or three episodes of the cartoon. I didn't see more episodes until 93 and 95 and 96 when I got some VHS videos then the DVD in 2004.