Voice actor question who voiced Lynx o

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by mossman, Jan 25, 2018.

1. mossman

mossman Junior Member

i all ways wonder who voice Lynx o for sure as some website down for
    Bob McFadden and some for Doug preis both me for years lol

Does anybody no for sure

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Bob McFadden voiced Lynx-O in ThunderCats, Ho: The Movie, and Doug Preis voiced the character from seasons two to four, beginning with the "Mumm-Ra Lives!" storyline.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  3. mossman

mossman Junior Member

Thanks thunderian legend they both did a good job sound the same lol

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

5. mossman

mossman Junior Member

Thank you so much wilycub I enjoy reading it
    Thanks

6. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

The one big detraction to me watching the show is how similar a lot of characters sound. I understand the reasons, but a more varied voice cast would have really made an impact in my opinion. On the other hand, the tighter cast allowed them to bring characters in and out at their pleasure, which is kind of nice and unique in some ways versus other cartoons.

7. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

When I first watched the show I didn't really notice the similarity between the characters' voices, except for Earle Hyman. His voice was a bit too unique to go unnoticed. :) But otherwise I was so engrossed in the cartoon and the characters that I didn't pick up the voice similarities. Also I only had access to the first season of TCats so didn't get a chance to hear many of the secondary characters who were introduced in the second season. If I had perhaps I might have noticed the similarities.

Of course now the resemblances are more obvious, especially for McFadden's characters. But one can't really blame him, there's a limit to how many different voices one man can do and Bob got a LOT of characters to voice.

It's kind of the same story with Mel Blanc and the Looney Tunes cartoons. I didn't feel the voice resemblances when I was young but now I do, especially for secondary characters.

8. mossman

mossman Junior Member

McFadden was ilke the frank welker of the cast what a talent with only a few I think that sounded the Same All the cast was amazing as they all voiced main characters they sounded different it more when they did guest stars some sounded the same with each actor as the all did many characters I still find it hard to pick my favourite actor on the show

Wilycub likes this.