Wave 1 Update

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by tone, Jul 17, 2020.

1. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Picked this up today lurking gram comments on some heavy metal icon fig. A response to someone complaining about their Japanese Wrestling figs.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As much as I love wrestling and NJPW I am glad I decided not to bother with Super7's NJPW figures. Some of them looked nice enough but the price, delays and subpar articulation were the deal breaker. Not even getting into their QC history.
    It's a shame as their Andre figure was pretty cool looking.

3. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

It feels like it has taken forever. Here's to hoping everything is perfect!

4. Baedal

Baedal Berbill

Someone reported that the paint do scrape off easily in TMNT Raphael isn't a good sign.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

TMNT Raphael is quite a mess.
    Aside from the poor articulation and some questionable design choices, a video review also said it felt very hollow and cheap.
    Also the joints were very loose.
    Some of his sais we're also very warped...even on the weapons rack.
    Even his head looks slightly too big.

6. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

I only saw one review, by some guy named dragonsoul. Fig looked fine, aside from the teeth sculpt had an issue and one of the sais had a slight bend. He didn't mention any paint issues at all and the joints looked maybe too stiff rather than too loose. I'm holding out hope it was more of a bum batch than an overall production quality issue.

7. Baedal

Baedal Berbill

I don't know why some people complain about the joints, we knew exactly what they were doing. Ultimates lines are made to fit with other Classics lines. Even so they improved the MOTUC joints.

[​IMG]

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Aside from them being loose people complained with the range of the joint.
    Speaking of joints it appears their wrestling figures will not have any thigh joints.

9. Tyg-ra

Tyg-ra Junior Member

How long are we expected to wait for this line? I know Covid has messed up a lot of plans, but it feels like we've been waiting forever.

10. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Brian said in the Pixel Dan vid from Sat that the first wave is about 2 weeks out from reaching the port.

11. Sebastiaan

[​IMG]
    Photo by ToyBro

12. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Yes! They look superb. I can't believe I'm this excited for re-releases, I must have TCat fever.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  13. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Someone on the he-man board was saying Panthro colors looked off(?) but they look fine to me. Hands look like they might be light (but that could be lighting)? That's all I can find after scrutinizing. Hopefully the ear isn't getting bent like the MattyCo. Anyway, glad these and the ReAction figs are on the way.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Panthro's trunks are the wrong colour.

15. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Right, that was what they said. Is that first hand or based on the pic or from some discussion to which you can link me?

16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

They do appear to be the wrong color. Dag nab it.

17. Sebastiaan

I don’t see it. It may just be the light. Let’s wait until we see ToyBro’s review.

18. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

I mean, it’s definitely looking lighter than the belt. I’m just really hoping it’s lighting. Really, reallllly hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 Junior Member

Any chance these could be samples before the final production? Since the figures are supposedly still “on the boat?”

One of Panthros hands looks discolored and the other picture posted of LionO on that account has me a little concerned...

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just based on the picture.
    It's not lighting, it's the same colour as the shoulder straps.
    It's not lighting. The trunks should be the same darker blue as the bely, not the same as the straps.