Wave 1 Update

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by tone, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Coptur

Coptur Moleman

anyone else anxious about changing Panthros' pants

2. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

Personally I'll keep Super7 Panthro as it is since I am also hunting for Mattel version of Panthro. The difference will look nice on display IMHO. But it is just my personal preference. I'm sure others will try changing theirs as they see fit.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

Personally I'll keep Super7 Panthro as it is since I am also hunting for Mattel version of Panthro. The difference will look nice on display IMHO. But it is just my personal preference. I'm sure others will try changing theirs as they see fit.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

One post I never expected to see on here.

jabus, shortfuse and Mark M like this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was thinking the same thing.

As far as I know from seeing MOTUC customizing videos, I would assume Thundercats would be the same due to the bucks, you will have to heat the figure in boiling water and then pry the pants off with something like a small screwdriver.
    Although in the video I seen the figure also had the legs taken off. Not sure if that was to make it easier or because he was working on the figure.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  6. Coptur

Coptur Moleman

well we could leave his pants off like the first episode :roflmao...:panthro

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just be thankful they at least got the skin tone right or you would have a Spitting image Panthro.

8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

You know it's on the list of inevitable variants to come.
    [​IMG]

shortfuse and Mark M like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Considering Super7's track record so far the "factory" would probably mess up again and just release the regular version again. :roflmao

10. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Now now that’s not really fair. I’ve bought every Club Grayskull figure from them (and many other CC figures) and to me their track record was always excellent. Yes sure there has been some issues, but they’re not enough to make me enjoy them any less. Yes the plastic has improved and the paint applications too but I consider my Man-At-Arms from W1 a good match with my Prince Adam from their last wave.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would stronlgy have to disagree with you on their track record with MOTU CG and CC.
    I am actually considering buying some of the Super7 Neo Vintage 5.5" MOTU figures. Aside from the quality control onthe first wave with the hip joints, the other figures are supposed to be pretty good. Only interested in a few of the figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Sebastiaan

I hear you, but my figures are great so I am basing my opinions on what I own.

motogp_fanatic and Mark M like this.
  13. jabus

jabus Barbarian

I wonder where he could of gotten the idea to do that Panthro head? @Sebastiaan lol

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

Not me lol. But I love it. Mark M did have an excellent suggestion over on he-man.org about a glow in the dark Eye of Thundera on the Sword of Omens; when Lion-O receives those warning calls. That’s a brilliant idea!!!!

Ponch and Mark M like this.
  15. Sebastiaan

There will be a second part to the new interview published today on our front page. Part 2 deals with Ultimates! and will be covering Wave 1 (and more).

motogp_fanatic and Mark M like this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hope you mention my idea. :) ;)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

Lol it was a bit too late, BUT when I do the W4 interview I definitely WILL!!! It is a fantastic suggestion, plus Brian loves GITD so it’s a win-win I’d wager.

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's awesome Sebastiaan. :)
    Never owned many glow in the dark toys growing up. Only ones I can think of are Duke Nukem from Captain Planet, some Toxic Crusaders and a Darth Vader model kit with a glow in the dark lightsabre. I had Evil Lynn but I never knew her staff glowed in the dark until a few weeks back lol.
    Ironically one of the 5.5" Super7 figures I'm interested in buyis the glow in the dark He-Man.:roflmao
    I don't have any of my vintage MOTU or Thundercats anymore, thinking of trying to get some back to have along with the MOTU Origins figures. Really excited about the Origins figures.:biggrin

19. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Evil Lynn’s staff glows in the dark?!

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

According to Pixel Dan and some people on the He-Man.org forum. They were saying how the new Origins figures staff does not glow like the original.
    Aside from never noticing my toy glowing growing up I looked her card and nowhere on the backing card does it even mention the staff glowing.