Wave 1 Update

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by tone, Jul 17, 2020.

1. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Someone did one ahead of the kit - LioConvoy, I think? - that seems pretty accurate to what the printed instructions turned out to be.
    Basically, you can unhook or pull off everything else on the figure first. Then you have to soften the shorts with heat while easing them off the figure. Then you soften the new shorts while easing them on.
    The instructions show a blow dryer, but I think he used boiling water. I looked for the video but I couldn’t find it. Someone will come along and re-post it.

Edit: it was him, found the link:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

I really hope that this line can get back on track once we get the next wave. I am hopeful that we will get the next 3 waves before the end of the year. 3 waves a year should be doable.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I think by June we’ll have the first two. If it comes down to W3 shipping in April it may help boost sales for the tank too! Folk will get excited again.

4. Sebastiaan

I think by June we’ll have the first two. If it comes down to W3 shipping in April it may help boost sales for the tank too! Folk will get excited again.

5. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

(Old woman voice) It's been 84 years and I still have the memory of those prototypes. I remember Grune, at least I think it was Grune or maybe it was Prune, it's been so long I can't remember.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Sebastiaan

It must be Prune!!!

Alex Jones likes this.
  7. heero_yuy2

heero_yuy2 Junior Member

Since the replacements were for both Panthro and Jackalman accessories combined, I wonder how this 'booster pack' set be distributed if you only bought Panthro or Jackalman individually and not both. Say, will you still be receiving the Jackalman parts for free even if I only ordered Panthro in authorized stores?

8. Sebastiaan

It’s starting to sound like it, but I’m not sure.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

"Booster Pack"? :00:roflmao That's a strange thing to call it.:laugh "Replacemnt" or "Correction" pack would be more like it.
    I know other toy lines like Macross etc have had "Booster" packs but those were available for customers to buy and contained additional equipment and accessories to enhance their figure...they were not sent out for free containing corrected parts for the figure the customer already purchased.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  10. heero_yuy2

heero_yuy2 Junior Member

I know. Was just quoting Fwoosh's naming of his link to the photos.

motogp_fanatic and Mark M like this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know man. I was meaning Super 7 calling it that on the packaging.

12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I wonder if it will be Wave 5 or Wave 6 that will have "Heads of Thundera" which will include the rest of the Thundercats alternative heads with Glow in the Dark eyes. Something tells me that was always going to happen very much like the "Heads of Eternia" from the Motu line that had alternate heads for characters. It would not make much sense at all to me to only have 1 figure with a glow in the dark eyes extra head. So, the rest have to be coming at some point. Ya know what, add that "booster pack" to the Thundertank.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

14. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

If you only have the Mattel Panthro any new head from Super7 won't work anyway given the colour difference.

15. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

I know. I think those heads are better as an optional extra for whoever wants them.

16. Sebastiaan

I actually have my S7 screaming head on my Mattel body to make the Spitting Image Panthro clone and it looks great tbh!

17. mjw41

mjw41 Crabman

Thundercats Wave 1 Booster Pack
    Thank you again for purchasing ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 1 Figures! As we acknowledged when they shipped, there were some issues with the final product that we wanted to fix, to ensure these figures lived up to all of our expectations.

We went back and manufactured replacement parts to correct these issues, plus a bonus accessory for Panthro:

• Panthro Shorts
    • Jackalman Guns
    • Jackalman Neck & Shoulder
    • Armor Bonus: Panthro Head with Glow-in-the-Dark Eyes
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  18. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Does anyone know how to get this “booster” pack if you got your figures from Big Bad Toy Store? Do I have to contact Super 7 or BigBadToyStore?

19. mjw41

mjw41 Crabman

BBTS customer service told me tonight that they are expecting this in soon and will be automatically sending them out to all customers who purchased Thundercats Ultimates Wave 1 sets

20. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

I think? I bought direct so hopefully those show up next week. I need to check on that
    I assume we get one for each figure we bought so since I bought two Panthros my plan is to only correct the one I unboxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heero_yuy2 likes this.