Wave 1 Update

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by tone, Jul 17, 2020.

1. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Cool! Thanks!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. 13977

13977 Active Member

Do any UK fans who bought from Comics and Cocktails know whats happening with the Wave 1 Booster Pack/replacement parts?
    Thanks.

3. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Junior Member

Has anyone seen the listings on ebay for the booster packs? They're going for around $50. Anyone know why this could be? Super7's going to great lengths to get these in people's hands, i don't get it...

4. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

I have no idea. I have the Mattel ones except for Pumyra so I didn't get the whole wave. I got Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Jackalman. The reason was that I wanted Lion-O's new accessories, Mumm-Ra's cloth cape and a spare Jackalman to be a henchman so I was not expecting to get the corrections pack and didn't care about the spare Jackalman being slightly different. Send them an e-mail.

5. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

That is shameful. They're supposed to be free and I don't class it as a booster pack, it's a corrections pack. I'm disgusted with people trying to make money out of this.

6. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

As Alex just noted, it’s disgusting - but the explanation is, people who bought aftermarket won’t be getting the packs. And people who bought Panthro and/or Jackalman figs and sold them will now be getting packs for which they have no use.
    The aftermarket being a cesspool of market opportunism, Bob’s your uncle.
    I think it underscores why if a fan is willing and able, they should get in on initial offerings even if they don’t 100% like every design choice. For example, I have criticisms of this tank, but I already can see what the resale will be for people who miss the window. It will be obscene and unfair and i will feel bad for those who will still pony up $800+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

If people aren't getting the correction packs, why would they want to buy them? Surely the fans who have use for them would be getting them for free.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Some people are like that. Knowing there is a correction pack, they want it - even if they don’t bother to actually modify their figure.

And people are receiving the packs based on purchase invoices, so if they no longer have the figure, or bought more figures than they now have due to selling a few, they don’t need those booster packs. The nice thing to do would be to contact where possible their buyers and forward the packs, but that’s not the timeline in which we reside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Ridetofight

13977 and Sebastiaan like this.
  10. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

Yes, it's like third earth without the Thundercats. Lion-O would not be impressed with this.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

I guess they must be

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

These scalpers don’t deserve any sales. The figures themselves are due the replacements FOR FREE! Those who feel otherwise do not deserve the money they are making off of it UNLESS their buyer said they don’t want it and it can be sold.

15. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

Well it's the principal of the thing at the end of the day.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Laser Beast

Broadcast the free corrections pack as much as you can, that's all we can do really. I don't think eBay would take those auctions down if you reported them.

Another nice move by Super 7, you have to admit.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. 13977

13977 Active Member

Sebastiaan likes this.
  18. heero_yuy2

heero_yuy2 Junior Member

19. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Crabman

I would have thought so. Makes sense I suppose. I could see there being a high demand for that Mumm-Ra and he's the main villain. It would seem pointless starting a collection without him and Lion-O. Those two are essential and Panthro is essential for people who are buying the tank as well as being a huge fan favourite.

20. Ridetofight

Anyone know what the "variant" characteristic is on these yet? BBTS has them listed as (variant).