Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Some of them look pretty good with a couple exceptions.
    Tygra's colours look off...a bit too vibrant .
    Also part of his boot/shin isn't painted.
    Not keen on the Pumya snarling head sculpts. They eyes are way too big. The snarling expression is pointless.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Lionus likes this.
  2. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Active Member

I was hoping to only get the main main characters for Thundercats Classic..Now I'm in at least when Cheetara comes by maybe wave 3 or 4.

Tygra is just wow and Mumm Ra is really really nice.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Pumyra looks absolutely horrible! The Matty sculpt was fine, right? What happened? Oh, well, easy pass...Tygra is a bit off, I dont like his trapezius muscles, it throws off the proportions a bit. Mumm-Ra looks amazing, no complaints at all! Grune is my favorite of the 4, he's just about perfect! Since these figures are very expensive to get here in The Netherlands, I deceided to get 1 of each wave. So I'll pre-order Grune for sure!!

Mark M likes this.
  4. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I am really torn between this figures because I love that they are giving us these characters yet they do have problems.... the colors on tygra mummra and grune are all slightly off... if you really look at the cartoon you will see a big difference in the colors... they are closed but they are definitely not at all like the cartoon... Tygras Boots aren't painted and his trap muscles seem to be a little too big.... on the groom alternate chest I wish they would put a Thundercats symbol as a separate little circle glued to the chest instead of just painting it on... but the worst is pumyras face honestly it looks pretty bad and the ears are sitting so low on the head it looks terrible

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have said this before and I will say it again.
    The 4 HorseMen are not very good at sculpting female faces...especially when they have to stick to source material to base the sculpt on.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  6. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm not fond of Super7's quality control. The figures for wave 2 certainly look a little off. Even the colors for Ever-Living Mumm-Ra, Tygra, and Grune the Destroyer aren't accurate.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Lionus likes this.
  8. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

Well if the colors are off that's on Sherry from 4H studios She paints all the 4H prototype sculpts which is what these all are at this point

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Well, doesnt matter who painted the figures, might even change before production. The point is that these images are all people have to go on before deciding to get these figures. I definitely would like to see final, carded or boxed samples, but since thats not gonna happen I have to assume that the figures in these pictures are what we're getting. And that might hurt pre-order numbers and ultimately the longevity of the line. But thats on Super7, not 4H.

Lionus and Mark M like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's not "if" they are off. They "are" off. Anyone that knows anything about Thundercats or watched the cartoon or even just googled the character name can see the colours are off.

Lionus likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I think with constructive feedback to Super7 they will take note of the concerns. But the way some people are reacting is end of the world drama. Why is it always like that? Sure I have suggestions but I am very excited to get these knowing S7 takes input from fans to heart. The rude and nasty remarks may have valid points but no one in their right mind would walk up to Brian and say it to his face in that terrible tone. I’ve seen many attack him and S7 online, only to have him reply kindly and them apologizing for their behaviour afterwards. Rather unacceptable and disrespectful. Lets be kind about this. I’m not saying accept everything. But there are ways to approach them with your worries.

motogp_fanatic and mjw41 like this.
  12. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ADMIN NOTE:
    Please slow down for a second. I dont see any "rude and nasty remarks" here. I know you did the interview with Brian and you are a fan, but do not make this personal. You say "I’ve seen many attack him and S7 online", fine. Contact those people and wag your finger at them; nobody is "attacking" anyone here, we are discussing a product that a company wants us to buy.

Lionus likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Who said any rude or nasty remarks?

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

My post is in no way aimed at anyone here but stating facts based on what is currently going on online. The handful of fans voicing their concerns in a proper manner are drowned out by those who fan the flames of negativity. You should see the general complaints about wave 1’s delivery. That info was provided upfront. Either way, I was trying to bring that up here where likeminded fans who are in the know could help spread the word out there on other platforms when interacting with those who “stir”, but this thread is probably not the place to discuss what is going on out there.

15. Sebastiaan

Wilycub if you are reading this - I recall your original digital mockup of Tygra a few years back. Would be keen to see your take on the revealed Tygra - perhaps showing that here may be a way to bring fans’ concerns to light in a positive way. But then again, anybody is welcome to do that, I’ve seen many digital mockups before of prototypes autocorrected.

Lionus and Mark M like this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's all well and good supporting Super 7. Brian does seem a cool guy and some of their products are really good. The vintage Filmation 5.5" figures especially.
    But there are people who really go out of their way to defend Super 7 no matter what, and the simple fact is a lot of the poor decisions are really Super 7's fault.
    Super 7 constantly fail to meet the delivery estimates and have the products delayed.
    Products have had major quality control issues.
    Some products have not matched the prototype or description when it was ordered.
    They are also notorious for having extremely bad customer service.
    Since they started the MOTUC/Ultimates they have had to make corrections to sculpts after displaying sculpts that most fans were extremely disappointed with and unacceptable from a company, 4HM, that many claim to be among the best sculptors in the toy business.
    All of these things are down to Super 7 and it's only obvious they will face some harsh backlash from fans.

This sitution with Wave 2 is no different. Super 7 are planing to launch the pre-order sale and take peoples money on schedule but they have rushed showing prototypes that are both inaccurate and unfinished. Again it is only obvious there will be some criticism of the prototypes.

17. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I love the new wave, just wish Tygra’s look was a bit more cartoon accurate Just google the show pics and compare them.

Lionus likes this.
  18. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

How is that on Super7 and Not on 4H studios? 4H sculpt the figures, 4H have their Employee Sherry paint the sculpts.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Super 7 are the ones that are showing and marketing the prototypes. When the sculpts and colours etc aren't up to standard it's Super 7's job to say it isn't good enough before showing it to customers.

Lionus likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Which of the accessories are you most pleased with?
    To me the Gyroscope regulator is a BIG PLUS! It comes from late in season 2. I’m hoping that means one day we may see Jagara!!
    I am also loving the 2 different seals that come with Grune! Man oh man those are right out of the cartoon. His other weapons are great. Two Brass Knuckles? Interesting!
    Of course I am so happy to see Ma-Mutt so early on. I was kinda worries he may not be made.
    Personally I wanted a plastic cape with Mumm-Ra as well. Not just the cloth version.
    Tygra’s rope whip is a great alternative. Pumyra’s normal weapons are pretty standard from before but the silver seems more shiny.
    It says Mumm-Ra also has the Key of ThunDera. It came with Panthro before and now again with Super7’s Panthro. I wonder how that is different?
    But my real favourite of the extras are Grune’s second head and ThunderCat vest. That was my biggest wish and it is happening! I’ll be getting two to have him as a goodie and a baddie!!!
    I’m never too worried about the gnarly faces; but I am impressed with Pumyra’s although I don’t recall seeing her like that in the cartoon. Her face on the Mattel box had her growl like that though.

motogp_fanatic likes this.