Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The extra Grune head and armour with Thundercats logo is awesome...although itis ashame the armour is to light coloured.
    A cloth cape for Mumm-Ra is the only way to go. Otherwise a solid plastic one would mean some plugs or something on his wrists to attach ot and even more he would be stuck in a arms wide stance like the Filmation Sorceress.
    I don't really think there is much point of releasing the Gyroscope regulator unless they are plan to release a Gyroscope....which seems a bit pointless.
    Actually the Pumyra art work on the back of the Matty packaging has her shouting not snarling and the Matty art work is absolutely terrible looking for Pumyra.

2. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

Not true, I remember 4h Had Grizlors vest and boots painted blue and Moduloks bracers & trunks in blue but Super7 made the color corrections on them before going into production. Even Mattel's Lord Masque prototype was the wrong colors and fans spoke out and Mattel made sure the colors were corrected in production. A prototype needs to be shown so customers can see what a character looks like but Final production colors can be changed up on the working toy.
    Customers can speak up on the colors in a polite way and let Super7 know they need to make adjustments on them.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they think/know the colours are wrong they shouldn't need the fans to tell them what is wrong with their product.
    I will give Super 7 credit for addressing some issues with the prototypes.
    All that people here have politely stated is facts that there is various issues with the figures that need to be addressed and should have honestly been sorted out before being shown to the public. Just like the Conan the Barbarian and Andre the Giant heads.

Lionus likes this.
  4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I think we can agree that Super7 is responsible for the product, not 4H.

5. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

I agree Super7 is responsible for the actual product when they turn the 4H sculpt into a working toy, BUT 4H do the sculpting on the figures and their painter paints said sculpts and she doesn't always get the colors right for the character. This is where we as fans can politely let Super7 know if something looks off. They may already know about it and plan to correct it but in case they don't they welcome polite impute from the fans.

TC.org: Does fan interaction help when making decisions on changing things?

BF: Yes, it certainly does. In talking to the fans we get a lot of critiques and opinions. We weed those things out to identify which are just people’s personal wishes and which are in fact valid points. Josh [Herbolsheimer] and I look at different things when dealing with a figure. He might see something else that I didn’t notice. Then somebody else might come in and say something like, “You haven’t painted the ankle,” while we were looking at something totally different. So it helps to get all the input to see where we can improve to make the best figure possible.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Agreed :thumbsup

Im not a fan of the default "open-mouth" extra heads. I mean, I get it, but just not necessary for me. For Grune it makes sense and I love it. 2 brass knuckles is one too many. The Magic Seal is amazing, but an intact AND a broken version is a bit lazy. Also the broken sword is a very cool addition, great for all our Return To ThunDera re-enacting!
    Wishful Thinking: I would have loved to see some translucent ThunDrainium.

I think giving Tygra 3 whips is a bit much, maybe going the BanDai route and make the whip-handle interchangeable between the 'Retracted whip' and the 'solid whip' would be better and leave room for a different accessory. Wishful Thinking: Would have loved the Key Stone / some fruit / Cats Lair construction-plan /

Mumm-Ra is just about perfect, hope the cloth cape comes in red/blue. Ma-Mutt is amazing. Extra head is not a must, but looks cool enough. Also, whats with the 2 seperate spikes on the pic? And does Mumm-Ra or Pumyra come with the Regulator? Wishful Thinking: The Enchanted Golden Helmet of Phar-Noor / Golden Sphere of Seti

I think Pumyra will be the virtual "peg warmer". The extra head is redundant and in most pics both heads look aweful, hope the production versions are better. The Glave is dumb, didnt like it from Mattel, dont like it now, should have been scrapped. Wishful Thinking: Imagine if she came with Snarfer / Berbil Bob /

7. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

We live in an interesting world nowadays. When I was a kid, the first time I saw a product was when it was on the shelf and I was going to buy it. Maybe I saw it in a commercial or a catalog. Now, we see them before they are even being produced. Personally, I think these Wave 2 figures look great and I am probably going to buy them all. If I had to offer any feedback, the only thing I would say, which has been mentioned before, is Tygra's trapezium muscles just don't look quite right. That being said, he is still a great figure, especially considering LJN could never get him quite right when I was a kid (old or new Tygra both didn't really match). Otherwise, I think Wave 2 was a good choice in character selection, especially after waiting for 4 years after the initial Mattel line.

8. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

Yeah i'm pretty much happy with the what we've been shown, prototype colours often look off when compared to the final production pieces. Prototype paint vs molded plastic paint that and hyped up colour renders etc.
    I thought they would put Mumm-Ra's "All Powerful" head as the 2nd head but it's nothing to get my knickers in a twist about.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  9. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

As stated, Tygra needs some work on both hues and sculpt. And they totally messed up the boots. Don't expect the sculpt to get fixed, but I think the paint will be.
    I think the rest look good. I don't get as hung up on the face sculpts being perfect, it's not easy to do. They look good enough to me but if they can improve them, great.
    I want to see Mumm-Ra's cape. I love the whip options with Tygra and that we are getting Ma-mutt. This line is now taking shape nicely.

The All American likes this.
  10. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I had a little fiddle with some of the wave 2 images while I was on my lunch. Hopefully they address most of this.

[​IMG]

11. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Thank you for this, Booshman. They look much better.

Booshman likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Booshman your colour changes on Mumm-Ra, Grune and Tygra look a lot better.
    The Pumyra head sculpt still looks terrible. 4HM need to go back to the drawing board.

13. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

Those repaints look good! Let's hope they adopt these.

14. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

I agree, pretty good job. Don't see any difference in Pumyra though.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Looks as though he made the head smaller. Not going to help though as the overall shape, especially the ears are wrong and the eyes are too big, even the chin and the mouth look too narrow.

16. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

The only alterations to Pumyra is that the eyes and ear are smaller and I took away the paint going over the edge of her lip, taking her from a smile to neutral. Nobody looks to have noticed but I also reduced Tygra's head by 5% as he looks a bit like a bobble head in the official picture.

17. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

I understand your point, but these are just painted non articulated resin sculpts to show off who is coming in wave two since the Pre-Order starts Monday January 6th. This in no way means that corrections to what will become the final working figures can't or won't get made.

18. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Tygra needs this color-scheme, it looks great! I personally dont need Mumm-Ra to be grey, but it looks good. Grune was amazing as is, dont mind the lighter tone, though the darker version looks fine as well. Pumyra remains an easy pass. Happy to have the Matty version, even if she is "too tall" (she's not, the other figures are too short..:laugh)

19. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

I think Mumm-Ra will stay blue because super7's Mummy Mumm-Ra was more blue than the Mattel version

20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Good point, should be consistent. I'm good with that.

Sebastiaan likes this.