Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

motogp_fanatic and Daremonger like this.
  2. The All American

The All American Active Member

I personally am happy with this wave.
    Mumm-Ra and Grune look awesome. No complaints there from me.
    The Pumyra sneer head doesn't look good. Not a fan of most open mouth figures. I'd rather have some accessories in place of that.
    I think Tygra looks great, the head sculpt looks like Tygra to me. I do understand the issues on the colors (the sea green), and that should be an easy fix. The open mouth Tygra extra head is better than Pumyra's, but also feels like a waste. I don't need an extra head unless there is a reason for it.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

I agree with you they look great, I can't wait to place my order.
    Oh and what was all that about in the Forum? I saw you and JonnyC going at it with a few other members.
    I was going to post there but it was so out of hand with several members I stayed far away from it. Aside of the colors on Tygra's uniform I'm good with how he looks I hope super7 can make the color change.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  4. The All American

Sorry, you must be getting me confused with someone else? I haven't been engaging in those issues.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

Oh please excuse me then, I thought it was you. My mistake.

6. The All American

No problem.

Regardless, I am excited about this wave. I do wonder if they'll re-use these molds for exclusives this year? Maybe a ghost Grune or different colored outfit Tygra?

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Hi @Sebastiaan ! Sorry, I've been a bit tied up and haven't had a chance to participate in the discussions here. The new wave of figures look great! Here is that Tygra mock-up that I did a few years back (improved with modifications by @Booshman ) Personally I like the Super7 Tygra more than my mock-up, even if the colors are a bit on the bluish side. :)
    [​IMG]

8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I hope so too. Ghost / invisible versions are very welcome.

The All American and Lionus like this.
  9. Sebastiaan

So today is the day! I wonder what surprises are in store for us?

10. Sebastiaan

Yes that’s the picture! Don’t worry, many fans have already made mockups. Still love yours.

11. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

What did I change on it? I don't remember.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This version looks so much better than the prototype. The head sculpt and shoulders especially.

Lionus likes this.
  13. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

Super7 x Thundercats - Ultimates Wave 2 Pre-Order Figures

"Thunder... Thunder... Thunder..." Super7 is proud to announce Wave 2 of the Ultimates Thundercats! These latest MADE-TO-ORDER figures will be open to pre-order beginning on Monday, January 6, 2020 until Friday, January 31, 2020.

Joining the Super7 Ultimates World are: The healer Pumyra, the treacherous Grune The Destroyer, the warrior Tygra, and the evil Mumm-Ra Transformed with his fiendish companion Ma-Mutt!

Each 7-inch super-articulated deluxe action figure comes straight from Third Earth to you! Each made-to-order figure will come with a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories with deluxe packaging.

[​IMG]

The warrior Tygra will come with these accessories:

• Solid Whip
    • String Whip
    • Retracted whip
    • Alternate Head
    • Alternate Hands

[​IMG]

The healer Pumyra will come with these accessories:

• New Legs
    • Sling with Bombs
    • Belt
    • Totem of Dara
    • Glave
    • Alternate Head
    • Alternate Hands

[​IMG]

The treacherous Grune the Destroyer will come with these accessories:

• Club
    • Brass Knuckles
    • Seal of Grune
    • Broken Seal of Grune
    • Broken Sword of Omens
    • Alternate Armor with Thundercats Logo
    • Alternate Head
    • Alternate Hands

[​IMG]

The evil Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living with Ma-Mutt 2-Pack will come with these accessories:

• Ma-Mutt (2-inches in scale and fully articulated)
    • Mighty Gyroscope Regulator
    • Extended sword of Plun-Darr
    • Soft Cloth Cape (not shown)
    • Alternate Head
    • Alternate Hands

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

Wilycub & Booshman I passed along your Tygra photo to Brian Flynn in PM on his FB account asking if they could resculpt Tygra's head to match the one in your photo as that is more cartoon accurate. Don't know if he will reply back but at lease I know he will see it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Lionus and Sebastiaan like this.
  15. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Just went on S7 to pre-order Grune; $70,25 (€63) and I will be slapped with import duties, probably €15-€20. So roughly €80, thats $90, for 1 figure. Not gonna do that. I'm out.

Mark M likes this.
  16. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

So I preordered Wave 2. It's a lot of money, but I did it. Mumm-Ra is $60, but somewhat understandable with Ma-Mutt. Since I didn't have Wave 1, I went back and ordered that from BBTS. Yikes. I had the Mattel Wave a few years ago but sold it off. I guess I am in this Series for a while at least. I tend to just focus on vintage lines, but here we go.

17. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Around £60 from UK re-sellers but they really are not worth the price for one figure.

19. Sebastiaan

I disagree. I think that Tygra, Grune and especially Mumm-Ra are worth it. Sure you can get Pumyra for cheap these days but dang it these figures have been sought after for years. I’ll be getting all of them.

20. Sebastiaan

I totally get that. Living abroad myself like most of the active fans on here it gets very expensive. Is it perhaps cheaper ordering from local sites that sell Motuc as well? It would be sad if you can’t get these figures. I’m sure S7 will fix / address some fan issues.