Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I placed my pre-order for all but Pumyra (I am fine with my tall figure from Mattel). I think they all look great! I'm guessing that the kittens are coming in the next wave since Brian showed Wilykat in the video.

2. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

Quick comparison between the model, intro animation and 2D Super7, it definitely doesn't have the Tygra characteristic features, he need to return to the work table.

[​IMG]

Lionus and Daremonger like this.
  3. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I pre-ordered Wave 2. I hope the line succeeds and will no doubt support it but I am skeptical of the success of the line due to the prices of the figures. I normally purchase 2 of everything. One to keep in the package the other to open but at the prices they are selling these for there is just no way i can justify it. To get 2 of each would cost more than a car payment. I am not trying to put down the line by any means but the figures are more than double what the original Matty Collector line was selling them for and they only have an extra head and some more accessories. I really hope the prices don't cause this line to fail. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't and it goes on to be a huge success.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 Junior Member

Take a look at the Super7 page- Tygra’s paint color and boots color have been updated

Also- Mumm-Ra looks to be more the correct color in the video with Brian

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  5. suckator

suckator Junior Member

Here is a picture of Tygra with updated colors from Super7's webpage:
    [​IMG]

6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I just saw. It's good that Super7 is willing to listen to feedback.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Daremonger

His hair still looks Ben-Gali-ish, and I hope they can make it more show-accurate.

Lionus likes this.
  8. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

9. Daremonger

Did you draw Super7 Tygra's look?

10. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

11. Daremonger

I'm glad they included Ever-Living Mumm-Ra's cape; he just wouldn't be Mumm-Ra without it.

Sebastiaan and The All American like this.
  12. InnocentSmith

InnocentSmith New Member

Also went for Tygra, Mumm-ra and Grune. Already have Pumyra. All three for usd 210 pretty steep, but hell haven't bought any in 2 years so well...

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Lionus

Lionus Junior Member

Exactly! Thank you!

Mark M likes this.
  14. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

Yes, just for fun.

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Lionus

Lionus Junior Member

Thanks for
    Good job on the comparison! Thanks!

Baedal likes this.
  16. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

I've observed a serious symmetry issues in Tygra's prototype, Super7 must fix it before taking it to production.
    Also, hopefully they show a really repainted one before the pre-order end, the colors variation they made in photoshop at the last minute isn't completely correct.

[​IMG]

Lionus and Daremonger like this.
  17. Daremonger

I agree. There's still time for them to make revisions.

Lionus likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Everyone's opinion on value will differ. But as someone who collects different toylines when I compare them to the other toys I just don't think they are worth it. It's a shame as I love Thundercats.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Daremonger

I liked Super7's promo for wave 2. Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living looks a little less blue, but maybe that's due to the video's lighting. I'd like to see him this way should Super7 choose to downplay his skin a little.

The All American likes this.
  20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Brian comes across a bit differently when he's trying to part us from our cash. No snarky comments about Lion-O not coming to our birthday party this time.

Mark M likes this.