Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If Super 7 were handling the booking do you really think Lion-O would arrive on time for the Birthday Party?:roflmao:laugh

2. suckator

suckator Junior Member

To be animation accurate:
    [​IMG]

3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I’m sure you won’t regret investing in this line!

4. Sebastiaan

These will be fixed - as you can see from the other image they posted of the corrected colours this image and those like this will be updated. Glad to see they are officially confirming the update on the colours.

5. Sebastiaan

Did I miss the comment about the birthday party? If there is something please share, I’m curious.
    As for Brian, from what I know personally he has been very kind to me every time we spoke either by text or phone; and this has been looooong before we ever talked about ThunderCats. He has been exactly the same way as in the videos I’ve seen which is rather uplifting since others have been pleasant in promo material but nasty elsewhere. Working in an industry where high profile owners and CEOs are hardly EVER reachable, it is a nice change to have him be so interactive with the fans. Plus I gotta give points to team S7 for taking our comments to heart about the colours on Tygra (although I still liked the blue).

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In the video from a couple years ago in which Brian announced they didn't get the Thundercats licence he made a comment about "Lion-O not going to your birthday party".

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

I remember that video at that time. I know a lot of fans felt like the message was somewhat rude, and although I can't speak for the man personally, I always felt that message came out of the frustration they had after not being given the license and the line failing.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They way he announced it in the video really didn't come across very well to most fans. A less joking way would have been better regardless of the situation with WB.
    Although in Brian's defence I can understand and relate to him being in a position were he can't divulge all information and still not express his frustrations in hopes of doing business with Warner Bros in the future.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Sebastiaan

I remember how the video made me feel. I was very upset and found the way it was announced inconsiderate. BUT back then I didn’t know the ins and outs and felt betrayed by Mattel and how they just shrugged off ThunderCats Classics. I had invested in the line because of them! Today the clip is funny and I know how it was meant. I’ll have to rewatch it to hear that comment about the party. Clearly I was so distraught that I never even heard that!

Baedal likes this.
  10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I caved. Placed a pre-order for Grune on BigBadToystore. No payment required until its in-stock, which is often not the case for overseas customers. €6 a month feels a lot cheaper anyways :roflmao

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

I'm so excited to get new figures! I was looking at my Mattel figures again. They're really quite nice and these look even better. I was never able to complete the original line and having a figure of a character like Grune (I never had the original) is almost like a childhood dream come true. I think they are hitting the right number of accessories and options too, I'm not feeling like any must haves are left behind unlike with some other lines by other companies.

When are we going to get a final look at packaging? I'm still hoping for something more LJN-retro than what they showed. When I get mine I would really like if they display great in the package, which was a flaw with the Mattel versions in my opinion. This line should pop and use the original logo. That packaging is simply classic and always gave the feeling of these Cats coming to Earth from the blackness of space.

12. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

They are pretty nice figures. Where the LJN line was lacking in cartoon accuracy, these will give us a more screen accurate version. The LJN line, which I am very fond of and collect, was made for young kids. That is why the accessories tended to be very large in proportion to the cartoon. I'll use the example of Bengali's hammer. On the show, it was an average size hammer, but the toy gave us a very large almost sledhammer type accessory.

I am also very excited about getting all of the Treasure of Thundera. When I was a kid, I had a little treasure box that I put all kinds of "relics" in and pretended that it was the treasure of Thundera.

Also, I am excited for all the characters we might get out of this line.

13. mjw41

mjw41 Berbill

TREASURE OF THUNDERA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

15. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

This is a great interview, thank you for that! I like the idea of two good guys and two bad guys in each wave. I think it's safe to say that the kittens will be coming in wave 3 for sure now. I'm glad - then all of the Mattel figures are out of the way, and everything will be new from here on out! A 15 inch arm span for Mumm-ra? Holy crap!

Sebastiaan and mjw41 like this.
  16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

Thanks for another interview. I'm very hyped and it sounds like the next large item they do may very well be ThunderCat related. While I would kill for a Thundertank, I would still be very excited to see a Cat's Lair or even Mumm-Ra's Pyramid or Castle Plun-darr.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Nice interview, thanks. This is the first time I've seen the back of the Grune figure and the colour isn't correct. The two raised pieces should match the colour of the shoulder pieces. For whatever reason they also coloured the feet incorrectly at the toe and heel.

[​IMG]

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I found this comment a bit disheartening:
    TC.org: His colors differ in the cartoon and in some instances his armor is darker. How do you decide which color to go with?

BF: When we work on figures we discuss what would work best and look best for the figure. The thing is when it comes to colors and how they appear on screen they don’t always match that what is the actual figure.

Why wouldn't you want to try for as close to 100% screen accurate as possible? You can have artistic interpretation when transferring from 2D to 3D, and the characters look different in the show depending on the animator, but the colours were always pretty consistent and should remain unaltered.

19. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I think by "screen", Brian meant computer screen, meaning that, for their prototypes, photos don't always match reality. I don't think he's discounting feedback around cartoon colors.

In the case of Grune, I get the sense that the Four Horsemen and Super7 were using “Return to Thundera! Part II” as their primary reference (cf. the broken Sword of Omens). In those daylight conditions, his color balance is slightly different. Your notes about his back/shoulder armor and feet should absolutely be considered, though, Booshman. Good catch!

20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Booshman and Sebastiaan like this.