Wave 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Great catch on this! I think it is important to just point this out.

motogp_fanatic and Booshman like this.
  2. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

It's also important that Super7 should make removable armor like the prototype. Something in the interview doesn't add up, considering that they have already eliminated the shoulder pads to the second armor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sebastiaan

You gotta remember these are only prototypes. They will never be the final product. Though that would be nice this is just the start of it all. Those shoulderpads on the 4HM picture is how they displayed it, not S7. S7 never sold this to you so you can’t be upset at them for not including it. The interview confirmed that they are working things out with him. I’d suggest to just be patient and wait till they show the production piece later on.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  4. gingaio

gingaio Active Member

I think the most constructive thing to do, if you spot errors or things that could be better, is just to let Brian know via social media (in a polite way, of course). There are already potential issues with the Lion-O torso and Jackalman's reversed lower legs (again). We're not always sure what Brian caught/didn't catch or what he's planning to change or let slide.

But if he hears from enough people, it may help, and if the end result is better figures for all of us, why not let him know.

5. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

They're selling me that prototype, I want the figure to be as close to that logically, I can accept somewhat different colors, but not changes in the structure, if you show me a removable armor I want that, in this sense Mattel was always consistent.
    Super7 has few experience in these figures, I'm sure that if the decisions were made by the Four Horsemen would be more precise IMO.

That's right, all I want is for them to be the best figures possible, I really thank Super7 for recovering the license and I've always tried to be respectful when posting, but it's frustrating, the Lion-O and Jackalman issues I alerted him on time in various forums and social media, I saw that more people did too, I feel disappointed, those problems shouldn't be repeated now, S7 should've taken more attention.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Like I said before Super 7 really should have the prototypes worked out a lot better before unveiling them and marketing them.
    And as I also said they need an unbiased fan of their franchises to scrutinize the products rather than fan boys and yes men just saying everything is awesome etc.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Baedal likes this.
  7. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

I feel like they listen and take concerns seriously, and we are able to have more direct interaction with them than Mattel. Nobody has figures in hand yet, let's see what happens. If you want to point issues out, do it in a constructive manner - we all would want to be treated with the same respect.

People make mistakes, but I agree that at the prices we are paying these need to be pretty flawless in the end. I have faith we will get there.

mjw41, shortfuse and thezaxfactor like this.
  8. Baedal

Baedal Active Member

Just for fun, a couple of aesthetic improvements on Mumm-Ra, to make it more proportionate and accurate to the Tsuguyuki Kubo's design.
    I think his arms and shoulders are too thin and the torso should be similar to work they did in Grune as I mentioned earlier.

[​IMG]

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  9. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

They still need to correct his skin tone as well.

10. Sebastiaan

This has been confirmed

Daremonger and mjw41 like this.
  11. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

I'm pretty satisfied with what I've seen so far. As a kid, all I had was the LJN figures. They will always hold a special place in my heart, but even as a kid I felt they just didn't quite capture the characters likeness, especially Wave 1. Part of it was the limited articulation, such as Panthro's permanent crouch or Cheetara's poor design, or even the PVC Wily Twins. The later Waves did a better job though. All this to say, what I am seeing from Super 7 is light years ahead of what I had as a kid. Is it perfect? No, to be perfect they would have to do 100% unique tooling for each figure which would cost $$$. So, they will have to recycle what they can. They do seem to listen to most of the comments though which is a great thing.

12. gingaio

gingaio Active Member

Yes, aesthetically, Super 7's way ahead of those admittedly fugly LJN figs from back in the day (though, as you also say, the later waves got better and better, especially the new Thundercats).

As far as 100% unique tooling, I really do miss that aspect of toy design (I miss when virtually every GI Joe fig was a new mold), and I actually wouldn't mind paying for it. That's what I appreciate about lines like Figuarts. Yes, they sometimes reuse molds, but they don't do it as a matter of fact, or when it would be noticeably inappropriate. And retail price-wise, they're not that much worse that what Super 7 is asking for. It seems like S7 has to create more unique molds for its TMNT line (aside from the Turtles), and that's why I'm particularly interested in that.

I'm more concerned with quality issues like the ones I've experienced with Super 7's MOTU figs. I hoping that these figures won't be riddled with paint that rubs or chips off easily, super-loose joints or weird joint tolerances, two left legs or arms, inverted limbs. Silly mistakes like that which really put a damper on things. I bought like three Cartoon Hordaks, and I still couldn't find one that's relatively clean, paint-wise.

Hoping for the best, but ready for...anything.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  13. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Junior Member

Yes, hopefully it will be a good thing that this is not the first time Super7 are tackling something like this as the QC might actually be better this time around. You would hope that the previous QC issues are something they've gone on to address. I'm interested to see what this last lot of MOTUC is going to be like. It might give us an idea of what to expect.

14. Sebastiaan

Fans are praising these as the best ever. With that in mind, and my personal previous experiences of waves 1-4, I’d wager TC and TMNT are in good hands.

motogp_fanatic and Alex Jones like this.
  15. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Junior Member

I know that movie figures have been praised but not heard much on the others. The two Skeletors and the He-Man look fantastic.

16. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

If they are just now hitting their stride on production, maybe it works out well that they are just now getting to ThunderCats.

17. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Junior Member

Yeah, hopefully. Obviously I wanted these years ago but I have been collecting other toylines. By the time these come, I probably won't be so I also have that feeling that these are coming at the right time. My acquiring of action figures actually started with Thundercats and will most likely end with Thundercats, which would be quite fitting.