Wave 2 toys coming soon (and classics line scale change?)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by MannysCollectibles, Oct 20, 2011.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Looks like BigBadToyStore has posted the latest on Series 2:

- 6" Classic Collector Figure Series 01 - Set of Lion-O & Mumm-Ra - (It would seem Bandai has been listening to fans and decided to scrap the 8" line of classic figures and start over in the 6" scale)

- 12" Armor of Omens Exoskeleton Figure (New Series) - Worn only by those who have mastered the Sword of Omens, the Armor of Omens is a powerful weapon that can resist deadly attacks. Includes 12" Exoskeleton Figure and semi-articulated 4" Figure of Lion-O.

- Thundercats 2011 Stylized Figure 6-Pack - Eye of Thundera - Stylized/”Super Deformed” figures from new and classic show

- 6" Collector Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Cheetara & Tygra

- 4" Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Claudus, Mumm-Ra Transformed, Lion-O Version 2 - New Gauntlet & Battle Damage Panthro

- Deluxe Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Panthro & Slithe

2. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

i honestly dont know if im happy about the new 6in Classic line replacing the 8in line or not.

on one hand, im excited to have classic Thundercat figures that are actually in scale with other figures, but on the other hand, i feel like i was duped, cause i wouldnt have even bothered with the 8in scale if i had known they would only release 2 figures and then scrap the line

3. Booyah!

Booyah! Moleman

Thanks for the post, I was wondering when we'd hear more news of upcoming stuff.

-12" Armor of Omens figure, that's pretty cool and should fit in well with the 4" figs. However it looked like only me and maybe 2 other people liked the look of that armor so it may not sell too well.....lol

-6" classics, we don't know for sure that this replaces the 8" line. In an interview from awhile back they mentioned that the 8" team would be complete by the end of next year and that classic stuff would appear in other formats. Lets wait and see what happens.

-Stylized stuff, seems cool, here's who the first pack is :The 2011 ThunderCats Collectible set includes: Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Mumm-Ra and Slithe

-4" Deluxe, Panthro will probably be a crapper version of the regular 4" like Lion-O and Tygra deluxe. Slithe is a must buy, but I would rather be paying the non deluxe line price.

-4" regular:
    Claudus (yes!) altho it looks like he is the one per case fig and thus will be harder to get.

Mumm-Ra Transformed, why? the deluxe one wasn't large enough as it is, this one will prolly be smaller.

Lion-O Version 2 - New Gauntlet & Battle Damage, maybe this will be Leo from the flasback episode?

Panthro Version 2 - another redo, maybe we will get corrected nunchucks?

Looks like this stuff will be coming in November according to BBTS, so that will be some stuff to look foward to.

4. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

If the figures have been improved upon from the 8" I don't mind so much. I've never been a fan of the Tygra head sculpt on the 8" version. Though could the listing be a mistake and they are actually still in the 8" scale?

So cool we are getting Mumm-Ra!

I think Tygra is also in series 2 of the 6" Collector line :)

5. Snarf25

Snarf25 Active Member

Thanks For That Info.Is There Going To Be A Jaga Figure?? That Is My Main Concern! :confused:

6. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

woop woop for the 6 inch

i never liked the 8 inch line, too big out of scale with the old classics, i hope its not a typo and they really reduce the classics line to 6 inch. (and of course re-do the lion o and tygra), also like i mentioned before in another post, im keeping my fingers crossed for classics vehicles and playsets. (thundertank, thunderstrike, etc) those would be to die for. how bout some mutants in classics line??? what the hell do everything that appeared in the classic show, ill buy it all, multiple times!!

P.S. as far as all the new cartoon toys coming out ill have to wait and see what they look like before i can really decide if i like them

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I'm thinking "Mumm-Ra Transformed" is going to be his armored form. Bandai had previously said they were making it and since they're releasing Leo's armor it makes sense. Is there a scale mentioned for that figure?

8. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

does anyone know when these are really coming out? i dont understand why they wouldnt show anything at nycc.

9. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

this is awesome news! cant wait to see what they actually loook like. guess I know what my own christmas present will be this year (if they get out in time)

10. hordeall

hordeall New Member

Can someone post the pic or a link to what the 12" exoskeleton might look like?

I cant remember seeing armor that big in an episode and don't know how it would look with 4" figs

I hope they improved the quality on he 6" line vs the 8" counterparts

Im trying to decide if I should keep my SDCC lion-o 8 inch figure because now he just will be out of place with everything else

11. lipster

lipster Junior Member

Maybe it will be mummy Mumm-ra and child Lion-O. They would be 6 inches.

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the scale bandai is notorious for that in their collector power ranger lines.

12. Booyah!

Booyah! Moleman

Yeh, it's part of the 4" regular line, which makes me think it's the same figure as the deluxe only without the wings. *shrugs*

The Armor of Omens is 12" to fit in with the 4" line, so I would assume thats how big Mumm-Ra's Armor of Plundaar will be when made.

13. Tommyx13

Tommyx13 Junior Member

Kinda bummed the only new 4" characters we are getting are Slythe and Claudus...not even Jaga???? It might be too soon for Jackleman and Monkian and Lynx-O really hasnt had much of a presence on the show but they could've at least given us Jaga.

I wonder what will be so special about Slythe that he needs to be deluxe? Hopefully he turns out pretty cool.

Very excited about the stylized mini-figs. I love the little power rangers ones they did a year or so ago.

14. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

15. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Great, this means need to buy my doubles now. <.<

16. Snarfer

Snarfer Junior Member

Have you seen the youtube unboxing reviews of the 8" classic line!? They were generally positive. If the classics were downgraded to 6", they will sacrifice considerable detail. :thumbsup: YES!!
    Merged Post:

I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see Bengali, Lynxo and Pumyra. Heck, I'm not even sure if we'll ever see a classics Cheetara.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  17. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

guys don't jump to conclusions. theres nothing that says these will be the only figures released. in fact i remember bandai confirming at least 3 figures that aren't listed on this site (armored mumm-ra and 6 inch versions of the twins.) not to mention the stormcharger. so try not to fuss and complain until we get an actual official list.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  18. blackiecats

Bandai have got back to me and said these are due out in Spring 2012. No other details to officially announce as yet...

I'm guessing we will see the new toys debut at either London or New York Toyfair.

19. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

ok, which one is it november 2011 or spring 2012 for wave 2? don't toy with my emotions lol

20. blackiecats

Spring 2012. It comes direct from Bandai PR.

I had my doubts about toys not even shown publicly yet, being released in a few weeks!