Wave 2 toys coming soon (and classics line scale change?)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by MannysCollectibles, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Snow Knight

Snow Knight New Member

If the 8" line was more than 2 figures in I would be irritated. I actually think its pretty cool that they seemed to have listened to general feedback on these. Overall I've been really impressed with how Bandai has handled this property. That's something I never thought I would say when it was first announced that they had the license.

2. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

I have mixed feelings about the change in scale for the classics if it is true that is. I was never sure how they planned on continuing that anyway with such high price points and not to mention how huge mum-ra would have to be or slithe to be in scale with the everyone else. if they are going to 6" then I hope they do more then 2 figures per series

3. NateHups

NateHups Junior Member

I like the idea of having the classics line match the 6 inch line for the new figures but at least put out Panthro and Cheetara so we can have an 8 inch set of the original 4

4. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

It's pretty obvious that this change is due to MOTUC fans being very negative about the size difference. Indeed, they would need to make a 9" Mumm-Ra to fit next to Lion-O and that's just wrong IMO.

I am actually very pleased that the line is rebooting in 6". I just hope that apart from the size, the line will follow MOTUC's standards, such as a matte finish, flexible plastic and feel more robust when held.

The action figures designed by the Four Horsemen should make a gold standard for any toyline in the future, there's really nothing to complain about them (apart from several factory errors that have nothing to do with the design).

And now that I think about it... last year in London Toy Fair, Classic Lion-O's picture didn't look much like the 8" figure we got. It had spot-on MOTUC-like muscularity and general design. Also, the Sword of Omens didn't look ridiculously long.

Could it have been a tossed idea that seemed better in the end? :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  5. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

I'm getting they announce them and show pics in november rather than release then.

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

I just wish we had better figures or a different company making these instead of focusing on scale.

So no 6" Tygra? Why not?

7. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

I feel ripped-off! If I would've known they were making a 6-inch Classic line, I wouldn't have bought 8-inch Lion-O! I wanna collect all the 4-inch 2011 figures and all the Classics, but do I really need 3 Lion-O figures?

8. Soapy

Soapy Junior Member

I feel ripped-off aswell! I wouldn't have bothered about the 8 inch figures if I had known they were only these two. That sucks big time. :mad:

9. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

8 to 6

Im in favor or the change (if it actually takes place ), but i find it incredible that they could not foresee that 8" was a ridiculous scale for the figures in the first place. seems like this should have been something taken care of before the line was launched....hello ever heard of focus groups and test markets!!! geez please do your homework bandai.

10. CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone Junior Member

All this talk and speculation of phase 2 and we're still waiting for phase 1 in the uk :-( do we know an exact phase 1 uk release date or is it just sometime in December?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  11. Cheetarafan

Cheetarafan Junior Member

I liked the 8in scale, I liked it because it was different, but I'm sure I'll be good with the 6in scale.
    Happy I will be able to get Cheetara in a 6in version. I like whats coming for us in the 4 inch scale.

12. Zucot

Zucot Junior Member

Am I the only one that isn't seeing the list from the front page lining up with what you can actually preorder on BBTS?

13. Snarfer

Snarfer Junior Member

The 6 inch Cheetara is not the Classic version, but from the 2011 show (but perhaps you already know that...). However, I hope the 6 inch Cheetara is significantly better than her 4 inch counterpart...horrible mop hair, and peculiar v-shaped hips.

14. Jamps

Jamps New Member

I'm not sure about the change in the classics line, Thundercats figures where always bigger than the motu ones after all...

15. Soapy

Soapy Junior Member

No, I thought the same thing yesterday when I had a look at their page. I guess the list provided here is some kind of "inside information".

16. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Bbts

what exactly is this "assortment case" that has been displayed by BBTS since the first figures were announced? is it just the way BBTS is going to mail them and arrange them in a box, or some kind of special actual bandai box that only BBTS has access to?

17. BenGali85

BenGali85 Junior Member

Does anyone know for sure if the classics are being scaled-down, or is this just an assumption based on one line of text on one site?

The reason being, I know the classics were often mistakenly termed 6 or 7 inch figures, simply meaning "big figures" in place of "small figures." I believe there was even confusion about this at Toy Fair before the current figures came out. That would be really lame if they scrapped the current line, and there is ANOTHER new Lion-O brought out.

18. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Not sure what your talking about here? :confused: All the items listed on the front page come from the pre-order info on the BBTS website. I only included new items though in the front page news summary. From the looks of the cases, they will include wave 1 and wave 2 figures.

Actually here you go:

4″ Regular:

-Claudus
    -Mumm-Ra Transformed
    -Lion-O Version 2 – New Gauntlet
    -Battle Damage Panthro

4″ Deluxe:

-Slithe
    -Panthro

6″ Collector:

-Tygra
    -Cheetara

6″ Classics:

-Mumm-Ra
    -Lion-O

Misc Items:

-12″ Armor of Omens Exoskeleton Figure
    -Thundercats 2011 Stylized Figure 6-Pack

19. thunder77

thunder77 New Member

Worthless

This thread is worthless without pictures

20. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Not really. Do we need photos to know that Wave 2 is coming early next year? Or that we will be getting a Claudus figure? Or the Wave 2 Lion-O will have a different accessory?

And since the list is linked to BBTS's site, once images are posted there, you can see them by using the links already posted here.