Wave 2 toys coming soon (and classics line scale change?)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by MannysCollectibles, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Soapy

Soapy Junior Member

Early next year? I thought it was some time before christmas!?

2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

The Bandai info says 2012, BBTS is/was saying November 2011. I would assume the manufacturer would have a better idea of when they will ship.

3. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Yep Bandai PR tell me Spring 2012. I do remember BBTS saying a release date for wave 1 of May 2011 or something around there and those didn't ship til late August ;)

4. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Guys and girls let's not argue about release dates,but enjoy the good news of a second wave and the release of claudus-a figure we've never seen or enjoyed before.

I for one hope for many more releases and please keep them coming bandai

Just please release Bengali for me ;-)

5. Weasel

Weasel New Member

I liked the 8 in. Classics line too. I'm sure 6 in. will be nice, but I enjoyed the difference in scale next to my MOTUC.

6. Cheetarafan

Cheetarafan Junior Member

Yes, I did the first line was about classics the second about the new line.

I like Cheetaras hair but agree about the odd choice in leg articulation. I hope her legs are put together more like the male characters.

7. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

So, they are coming out with a 6-inch Tygra, that's good to hear. Here's my speculation for the next wave of figures (this is just an educated guess:)

4 inch:
    Ro-Bear Bill
    Jackalman
    Jaga
    Lynx-O

4 inch Deluxe:
    Cheetara

6 inch:
    Claudus
    Slithe

6 inch classics:
    Tygra
    Cheetara
    Panthro

I know these are just guesses, but anyone want to share their opinions on this?

8. CactusDan

CactusDan New Member

I am happy about the 6 inch scale, hope they fit in nicely with MOTUC figures. Also great to hear about wave 2 of figures, i am pumped for Claudus.

Now bring on some SilverHawks and TigerSharks!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. Zucot

Zucot Junior Member

Thanks for doing that. My issue is that there's no set for the new 4" figures, where there are sets available for the 6" classics/collectors. I don't want to buy a case of 4" figures that includes stuff that I already have, I just want the wave 2 figures.

Maybe BBTS will offer a wave 2 4" set closer to release. I emailed them but they weren't sure yet.

10. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

That sucks if they aren't making the 8" figures anymore. I do not regret buying them, but it would have been nice to have a full set.

I'm interested to see a picture of this. It sounds odd.

Does anyone that follows Bandai and/or toylines in general have any idea what this could be? "Super Deformed" ....what?

Awesome. :)

I love that they are making Claudus. I wonder what the Mumm-Ra is considering we already have 4" Mumm-Ra for both forms and that news article said the armored Mumm-Ra would be in a different scale. I may pass on the new Lion-O and will definitely pass on the Panthro.

I'm sure Panthro will be similar to the Deluxe Tygra and Lion-O so I'll be passing on him as well. Slithe is a must buy, though.

Great news overall, looking forward to getting a peek at these.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  11. Coldwin

Coldwin Berbill

Add me to the ranks of un happy about the change to 6 inch. Seems like an excuse to make us buy yet another LionO, and it'll work.

12. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

"Super deformed / stylized" means they will look similar to galactic heroes, superhero squad, etc. It's a smaller, bulkier, and less articulated design style. I'm happy with that, they will probably be pretty cool!

13. User897

User897 Junior Member

I too am unhappy about the change in size for the Classics. Could it be a typo? Here's to hoping....

At any rate, I sincerely hope that distribution will be better for wave 2. I still have yet to see many items from wave 1 in the wild.

14. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. They aren't really anything that will interest me, but it'll be cool to see them.

15. Bladecollector

Bladecollector Moleman

i am glad they are taking longer for the new wave... I haven't gotten all of wave 1 figures yet.

I liked the 8 inch classics and wish they would have stuck with them, but maybe that may add some future collector's value to the 2 they released.

16. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Vortex Explorer

Just read an interesting update over at http://www.toynewsi.com
    SOURCE:http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2084322

17. Soapy

Soapy Junior Member

So if the "fans of both lines" will be happy, the 8 inch scale will continue.

And pictures next week? Can't wait! :thumbsup:

18. Klute

Klute New Member

I'm a fan of the old figure being that i was a child when they were released ive bought the latest 4inch set in full for my little boy BUT i'm annoyed that they have not released any of the classics in the 4 inch range.

Is there any plan to do so???

19. CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone Junior Member

I haven't heard anything about 4" classics. I doubt they'll do this and we'll only see the 6" and 8".... I'm happy at that as I don't want to be buying 4" classics as well.

I'm buying all the scales but only buying the 4" modern Tcats as I don't think we'll see the whole range in a 6" scale or at least for a very long time.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  20. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I'm conflicted as to how many characters we will see in the six inch scale also. But Im going to buy up both scales just in case haha