Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, maybe. I have the 8 inch Bandai version of that but I probably would get the Ultimates version too, if Super7 end up doing it. I had all 3 versions of Bandai's 8 inch classics Lion-O so I'll most likely end up with 3 again but this time with one being Mattel and the other 2 being Super7. Lion-O is certainly a character I can't get enough of in figure form. I've also got the LJN version, Savage World version, Bandai 6 inch classic, Bandai 6 inch 2011 version and Bandai 4 inch 2011 version. He was the first superhero-type character that I started to follow when I was a kid. There were others after but I think Thundercats may have been the first action-packed show I discovered, therefore making Lion-O the first fictional character I looked up to. Watching Thundercats is one of my earliest memories. At that time it hadn't totally fallen away but it wasn't long before other stuff came along and took it's place. However, it always remained a favourite and I had some videos of it that I used to re-watch. I remember getting them. I was a big fan of the show as soon as I saw it. It was a good thing I got those videos when I did because they went out of production not too long after I got them. I now have the entire series on DVD and there were quite a lot of episodes that I didn't see originally but I found some of them very impressive. I think it's aged pretty well compared to a lot of other things. I remember wanting to get it on DVD way before it got released on DVD. We had to wait a while to get that. There was a very long period of time between the days of it being on TV and VHS here in the UK and the DVDs being released.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

You know too much about me wanting a red Lion-O….. :roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao
    I never thought about that though, and it may be a fantastic add in. I think however that those who won’t get it will feel done in. So maybe include it with Snarf instead? Though I do prefer your suggestion.

JUST A NOTE:
    How can you guys forget that Lynx-O’s ears lit up when Lion-O called them???!!!! He may not have had eyes to glow, but his ears sure did every time!!!! I loved that about him. Come on, how must Lynx-O feel? Or are you all just too old to remember ;)

motogp_fanatic and mjw41 like this.
  3. mjw41

mjw41 Berserker

Oh yeah his ears did glow. Not quite sure how Super7 would go about doing that with an extra Lynx-O head.

4. Sebastiaan

Easy, just paint the ears the same way they paint the eyes

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  5. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Berbill

Just got preorder arrival charge for Slithe at BBTS! AAHHHH!! Hopefully Jaga soon.

I wonder if they're going to send out a correction on his belt color similar to Jackalman - looks like an easy part to remove.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, that's correct, than would be an ideal extra head to throw in with Lynx-O. Like I said, all the figures are late so all the cats should come with an additional head to what we've been shown. I agree that Lion-O's extra head could come with Snarf and a few other things. People who want red Lion-O will buy him anyway.

7. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Vortex Explorer

Kind of glad Jaga didn't hit BBTS just yet, as I only had enough money for Slithe and Captain Cracker until my next paycheck Friday.

8. heero_yuy2

heero_yuy2 Moleman

I received the same mail but cancelled the preorder before payment. I knew what I read from Instagram that only half of Wave 3 Slithe & Captain Cracker was shipped, proves the report wasn't fake. Maybe I'll order this on a later date, which hopefully includes Jaga and Cheetara.

9. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

So where in hell is Jaga? He's not in the Astral Prison again is he? The guy is a liability. I was looking forward to adding that fossil to my collection before the year was out.

10. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Ianm1225 likes this.
  11. Alluro Fan

I think Jaga will be in stock shortly as well. His arrival date on BBTS still says September, so this week or next.

Alex Jones likes this.
  12. Alluro Fan

Just got my Slithe and Cracker. They both look great. I don't even mind Slithe's miscolored belt.

13. Sebastiaan

A lot of people say it is miscoloured, but it isn’t really. Yes it differs from the proto but the cartoon had it as pale yellow.

Attached Files:

motogp_fanatic and Alex Jones like this.
  14. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

That's good news. My Lion-O has flipped out. He's currently displayed holding a bloody knife that came with Ghostface and is standing over Jackalman's body. Slithe won't like that.

15. mjw41

mjw41 Berserker

Have you taken them out of their boxes? Can you post some pics?

16. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Berbill

I disagree on the belt color. The color on the figure is the same brilliant yellow as say, Cheetara's hair. In the show, if they are both in the same frame on the show, her hair and his belt aren't anything alike. The proto needed a touch more yellow in the belt i agree.
    To me it's the same as maybe saying jackalman's color was correct if it were fire engine red because his fur is a brown orange, which contains a measure of red.
    That belt is a long way from the animation swatch. I respect an opinion, but i'm flabbergasted at the comparison being close to the same color.

17. Sebastiaan

18. mjw41

mjw41 Berserker

Slyth Looks Fantastic. I can't wait to get mine

Ridetofight and Sebastiaan like this.
  19. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Moleman

Wow and wow... That is awesome, I'm excited to have mine, but it may still be awhile for me.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. mjw41

mjw41 Berserker

My Slyth is sitting in my Pile pf loot waiting for my preorder Jaga to come in stock then I will have them shipped together

Sebastiaan likes this.