Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Anybody on here got these 2 figures from BBTS yet? Thoughts?

2. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Vortex Explorer

I got both of them. My Slithe looks great and is rock solid. Cracker looks great too, but his rounded peg leg makes it hard for him to stay standing. I would have preferred they made that leg square at the bottom so it could help him stand better. But of course that would lead to people complaining that he's not animation accurate. As it is, I have Cracker's left hand touching Slithe's arm to help with stability.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  3. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

If I collected Slithe, I’d be all over this. He looks awesome to my eyes. I don’t see a color issue at all, feels very subjective. I’m happy for the collectors enjoying the fig, a win for some of us finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  4. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

Hi ThunderCats Fans -

This is a follow up to our ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Wave 3 update that we sent addressing the issues with the Cheetara figure. If you missed it you can read it HERE.

The production and delivery of the other Wave 3 figures (Jaga, Captain Cracker, and Slithe) for this made-to-order release is complete. The figures are being received in our warehouse and we are ready to begin shipping these figures to you!

Please let us know if your Shipping Address has changed by clicking the button below to update us and prevent any incorrect or delayed deliveries. Update us about any address changes by Wednesday - September 29th.

If your address has not changed there is no need to contact us.

6. Sebastiaan

Such great news

7. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Barbarian

Yay more ThunderCats!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. chum1976

chum1976 Junior Member

Hello!

I received mine and they were well worth the wait. Detail was superb.

9. Sebastiaan

Glad to hear that. I should get mine early next week. So far praise all round everywhere. Well, mostly

10. Sebastiaan

I do wonder when Jaga will make his debut. BBTS has no clue when theirs will arrive. S7 will ship from today, right?

11. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I'm wondering about Jaga too. That old fool always goes missing.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

This is Jaga when you finally take him out of the box:

[​IMG]

Sebastiaan likes this.
  13. Sebastiaan

The first notices for BBTS customers have gone out saying W3 will charge soon. Guess Jaga is in the building!

chum1976 likes this.
  14. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Will be a fine addition but here's a thought, seeing as how Tygra and Mumm-Ra are being re-done like Cheetara, how come we can't get Grune and Pumyra sooner like we are with Slithe and Jaga? For all I know, the whole of wave 2 could have been incorrect but as far as we know, it was just Mumm-Ra and Tygra.

chum1976 likes this.
  15. chum1976

chum1976 Junior Member

I was just thinking about that today. If they have several that are ok why not send them out even if its just one at a time.

16. heero_yuy2

heero_yuy2 Active Member

I cancelled Wave 3 altogether, but maybe will reorder again at a later date (or if supplies last).

17. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Exactly. It would give the line some much needed momentum. Waiting for the delayed figures due to QC issues wouldn't be such a drag if we were still getting some of the other figures that don't have the QC issues. The slow shipping is all the more reason to get as many completed figures to customers as possible. If I were Super7 and I had received wave 2 with 2 characters done correctly and 2 incorrect, I would have sent back the characters that needed re-doing and sent out the correct ones to fans like they've done with wave 3. It makes sense with how long fans have waited and it's gone down well so I'm glad that they thought to do it for wave 3 but what about wave 2? Or am I missing something? If Grune and Pumyra were ready, we should have been given those too, along with Jaga, Slithe and Cracker. At least that way fans would be getting 4-5 characters this fall and all of a sudden, this line wouldn't seem like such a disaster. It would be like an epic comeback. I skipped Cracker so it would be 4 figures for me but 5 for people who didn't skip any of them. I still think us getting what we're getting now is good but it could have been so much better if we had been getting Grune and Pumyra at this time too or at least sooner than the rest because at least then the wait between figures wouldn't be as bad or as long. It would do more to remedy the disappointment of not having a complete wave 2 and 3 yet. At this point we should have already had those and be close to getting wave 4. I think wave 4 was originally due for November this year.

18. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Barbarian

I think they are trying to figure things out as they go. They aren't Mattel or Hasbro, they are still relatively new to this and growing at a pace that clearly has caused some growing pains, especially with the challenges of the pandemic economy.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  19. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

So images of Jaga have surfaced. The face is garbage. Pure garbage. Big time disappointment.

20. krazycp

krazycp Crabman

I think I’m out. Too many delays, too many screw-ups, poor communication.