Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes well the whole pandemic situation has made me very angry because I feel that it was inflicted upon us deliberately. Even if I'm wrong, it is, at the very least, unforgiveable stupidity.

2. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Where?

3. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Don't blame you. If Thundercats wasn't my favourite 80's property, I'd be out too.

4. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

If you saw the images why haven't you posted them here?

5. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, I'm still waiting on pictures of that old fruit.

6. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

I went looking. @Toybro upped a pic on the gram, as did @wewantmorethundercats.

As an uninvested observer, who’s criticized and praised S7:
    I think Jaga’s face sculpt is fine. His eye outline is … shaky … but probably works next to the other cats. His body sculpt looks fine from first glance, but maybe a closer look will reveal issues.
    The cape is soft goods and where they messed up is that the clasp should have been over the snap and isn’t. And the snap cloth is finished well but big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  7. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Vortex Explorer

BBTS is claiming to have Jaga in stock, but only bundled with Slithe and Captain Cracker. I guess this explains why I have yet to get an email from BBTS regarding Jaga shipping by himself?

8. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I'm confused. So do they want to send us figures that are done correctly or don't they? And while we're on it, Jaga's colours were already incorrect. His cape was rather grey in the cartoon whereas the ultimates figure has a very blue cape. I'm not too bothered about that specifically but the fact remains that there are multiple things going wrong.

9. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I've seen the pictures. He does look a bit daft. Who exactly is working at that factory? They're clearly not very good.

10. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

11. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

So what do you think of him?

12. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Okay, an additional thought. I’ve spoken on the cape but I think the decision to make his unitard a solid piece is weird given that his torso can turn. Maybe I’m misperceiving something in this image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

I'll wait for Toybro's Video Review but from this pic he looks good to me. The face is what the Four Horsemen sculpted and he has three heads so best to wait for the video.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I saw two pictures. The one you posted and one of him in package. In the packaged image the heads look weird. Not as noticeable in the other pic. It'll do but I'm not blown away. I hope they've done a better job of the sword of omens with this figure.

15. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

[​IMG]

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

He has 2 capes, one plastic, one wired fabric. I think he looks great. This is based on the photos I’ve seen. Until I get him in hand that is what I’ll think. Do the eyes bother me that appear bigger? No. But that’s because I don’t have the figure in hand yet. Will I change my mind? Maybe not, maybe a little. But truly, it is not the end of the world and I certainly won’t back out of the line. That is just silly to me. BBTS had solo Jaga in stock but will be getting more in soon. Be patient if you don’t get a notification.

17. Sebastiaan

The S O M is fantastic with it!

Alex Jones likes this.
  18. Sebastiaan

It was always one piece, even in the Mattel days. And in the S7 promos.

19. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

That's the one. He looks weird.

20. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I'm still on board. I don't mind having a figure of a weird old man. I guess he could have potentially looked cooler as opposed to looking like a pensioner on drugs, but even so, it's still close enough to the character design to be counted as an official Jaga figure. I just say what I see and my observation was that he looks weird in the face but I do actually find that quite comical.