Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

The figure should be re-named 'Grandpa on drugs'. You can still have fun with figures even when they look daft. As long as the overall quality of the product isn't bad and the item isn't faulty then I'm ok. My final verdict will come when I actually have the figure in hand. If a figure is poorly put together then that is a problem but a funny face or a slight inaccuracy doesn't bother me a whole lot as it's an action figure. I like them for the same reason as I liked them when I was a kid with 80's and 90's stuff. They were never totally accurate but I didn't care too much. I noticed but it wasn't a deal breaker. What annoyed me was the issues at the factory with putting the figures together wrong, causing major QC issues and major delays. That comes down to people not doing their job correctly, which makes me question their attitude and competence. As a fanbase we pay for that and it's not acceptable. I think as supporters of what they're doing, we deserve more respect. The amount of screw-ups, which could have been easily avoided came across as insulting, especially given that we've been extra patient. It's the factory I speak of when I say this and at this point Super7 must be just as annoyed as we are because it makes them look bad.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  2. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Well then I'll give that one to Lion-O. Old man river can have the shit one. Lion-O is more iconic with it than Jaga. I tell you what would be fun, a Brian Flynn and Lio Convoy 2-pack. I'd make them have a hell in a cell match.

3. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Hey, easy with the Brian shade for now, dude’s going through some stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  4. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

Dude these are toys Chill out. You take it way to serious. Tone is right If you even had a clue what Brian is going through health wise you wouldn't talk like that.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  5. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Moleman

Nice early photos, Jaga is indeed coming now, thanks for sharing.

Please don't. No fun there.
    My respect is on the guy who is actually doing something for fans to have a real solid Thundercats toyline than a random dude on a internet.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

6. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Too seriously? That was actually a joke. I think you guys need to chill out. It's not like I was actually having a go at Brian. I'm not even mad at the guy. In regards to what he's going through, I have no idea, I don't stalk the guy. The old man river thing was a reference to Jaga, nobody else.

7. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Active Member

Jaga was the figure that hooked me into this line, so it's disappointing to have the production piece come out frumpy. The diaper crotch already had me groaning, but i'm going to wait to get it in my hands before final judgment. Hopefully between a "flattering" pose and being amongst other figures on the shelf his flaws will be less apparent.

8. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Well you don't have my respect either so I guess that makes us even. I can understand where the other two guys are coming from, despite them getting the wrong end of the stick. At least they weren't rude, but you decided to take it a tad further by personally labelling me as "some random dude on the internet". As far as this forum goes, aren't we all? Yes, but only in that context and I don't care for the context in which you've used it. Upon reading it again it seems a bit personal, like you're having a dig and all in the name of some plastic. Be more careful in future. Don't come on here giving me attitude. Nobody told you to compare or pick sides. There was no attack on Brian. You took it the wrong way. Brian himself probably wouldn't have even reacted the way you did so nice one pal. Also, how come everyone here knows about Brian's personal life? I don't and should not be expected to. Why would I?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  9. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Incorrect but we've discussed this already so no problem.

10. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

It isn't Brian shade. Think before you post.

11. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Glad to know no shade intended.

Having read through all your comments,
    let’s you and I commit not interacting with each other going forward (which means no need for a response on your part). I’ll ignore your comments, you ignore mine, and life will go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Jones likes this.
  12. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Active Member

Maybe we get a booster pack this time, too?
    - Jaga head(s)
    - Jaga cloth cape
    - Slithe belt/harness

Kind of doubt it on the cape though. Either way I'll likely be fixing the paint issues myself, a skill I've acquired customizing and "fixing" paint issues over the years. An expensive brush and quality acrylic paint goes a long way. ...Because I take toys way too seriously, as well. ;-)

13. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, I would not recommend you interact with me from this point on.

14. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, silly isn't it? I think a lot of people here take toys way too seriously, certainly based on the responses I got. However, I actually don't. Those were someone else's words, not mine. What I said was completely misconstrued and was not meant to be taken seriously but obviously it was, so what does that tell you? There was no need for any drama but I got jumped on unnecessarily which I won't tolerate.

15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Some misunderstandings here in the thread. Let’s move on and enjoy talking constructively here.
    @Ridetofight of the three heads I get why the main head may not be to your liking. The other two though look great, especially the helmetless one. We never saw a painted version of the pre-death Jaga. So we don’t have anything to go on save the cartoon. Perhaps they could include another Jaga head with the spirit version?
    I saw ToyBro’s review and I like both capes. What did you feel was an issue with the cloth one?
    Slithe’s belt is perhaps a tad too bright but it is still closer to being cartoon accurate than the previous tan version. Maybe they’ll do a toy coloured one with the tan belt one day?
    I do think when you compare the eyes on Jaga they’re very similar to new Panthro, Pumyra and the kittens size wise. But I’m basing this on the photos only. I will only have it in hand in a few weeks. Shipping delays worldwide is REAL and terrible.
    I want to leave this here which you guys may have seen in the ToyBro reviews - but after 5 years we finally have new TC!!!! I for one cannot wait to open up the new characters. It has been one hell of a joyride!

16. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Correct, it was all a misunderstanding. I was almost tempted to say "Tell 'em Sebastian", but seriously, I concur with what you say. I also will have to wait a few weeks for Jaga and Slithe but I am also looking forward to them.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Sebastiaan

I hate waiting! :whistle:whistle:whistle Hope that when yours arrive they will make you happy ;)

18. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, it is a toyline that we've had to wait a long time for when you compare it to other ones. I think that's what makes it more exciting in a way and more rewarding when you get them. It means more because Thundercats figures are still a very new thing. It's vastly different from what we've had over the past 20 years. We've had a lot of things from the same franchises as well as many variantions of the same thing. I know that Thundercats uses the MOTUC buck for this line on several characters but it is still a different franchise and different characters never done in that style, as you know. In addition to that we're getting figures that use a new buck due to the character designs so that's another unique aspect to the line.
    Thank you for saying so and likewise. I do believe I will enjoy them when they arrive. I know that Jaga looks a little weird but I still like it based on what I saw in the video review, and Slithe looks incredible. I found it interesting that in the interview with Toy bro, he mentioned that he'd like to see Mongor sooner rather than later because I'm the same on that as he's one of my favourites, despite him only appearing once. I have no idea how popular he actually is within the fanbase but I always thought he was badass and would have probably been a fan even if he was from another franchise because that is a great design for a villain.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Start a Mongor thread and find out ;)

20. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Could do. I'm sure the tumbleweed and I will have a great time.