Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Promise you it won't just be you two! I'll be there too. While they may not be on here, I've seen him name dropped MANY times. Folk want him. I want him. We will all welcome him. Can you just imagine the angry face they could sculpt for him???
    Back to Wave 3... It's finding its home with many collectors in the US already. Anybody on here who has them all now?

2. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Glass Walker

I wish Super7 would get stuff mailed for those of us who pre-ordered from them. I'm jealous seeing the folks who bought from another online retailer getting them before folks who bought directly from the company. I'm not (really) complaining, I'm just so ready to have them finally!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Yeah, ever since the email that they’re shipping soon, I’ve been waiting patiently for that Shopify email with tracking. But patience is wearing thin! Or at least, my FOMO > my patience.

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Not to worry, reports coming in customers who bought from S7 got orders delivered today - without shipping notices. So be prepared for surprise arrivals.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  5. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Active Member

@Sebastiaan I have yet to receive him, but i concede the helmet-less head looks good from the pics. I was looking through reference stills - just before Jaga dies, he doesn't appear to have the "cat's eye" markings, which I *thought* was a paint error. Alas, it seems I was mistaken, it's hard to tell with how gaunt and squinty he is in the cartoon anyway.
    Watching toybro's review (that like many, assuaged me a measure) I was reminded about the absence of a young Jaga head to use with Grune. Would have made more sense than the old man Jaga head, seeing as his body was tiny and frail at the time, not the hulking mountain of beef the body of the figure has. Ah well, probably with the spirit version, i'd hazard.
    I was serious when I said I take toys more seriously than some people think is reasonable. I wouldn't be here, posting on toy boards if i didn't have passion for the avatars of the characters I like, and as an artist myself, I enjoy them maybe more from the technical/creative perspective from concept to creation - the color pallette, the engineering, the amazing sculpts and the re/presentation are all things that really suck me in. I'm just more critical having sat through six years of art critiques maybe, haha!
    And whoever puts together Super7's protos is seriously impressive. They are gorgeous figures.
    So when one fan accuses another if being "too serious about toys", it irks me. That's all. And that's fine if people feel that way, it's my decision to let it irk me. Websites like 3djoes are like heaven for me.
    I'm refreshing my bbts shipping page about once an hour to see when my PIL starts moving. ThunderCats, Ho!

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  6. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

7. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

8. Sebastiaan

Nothing wrong with being critical. I am too. But I know I am biased when it comes to TC. So I can accept things that bother others.
    Fingers crossed that order ships out soon. By next weekend I trust many will have gotten theirs.
    I advocated for a young Jaga head at the start and asked Brian back then. I do think their deliberate exclusion means it will come elsewhere. I do hope so. I didn’t get 4 Jagas for nothing lol. But yes, he was perhaps frail with that older head, that’s why I’ll cover mine with most of his cape for that display.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Sebastiaan just pretend old Jaga is like Master Roshi. ;):laugh
    [​IMG]

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I'm quite biased when it comes to Thundercats too.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I remember this. This is on my VHS of the pilot episode.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Vortex Explorer

I got my Jaga today. Very happy with it. I especially like how his torso can move independently of his outfit. Very nice touch. Like others have said, I wish he had a young Jaga head, but I am still happy with this figure as is.

13. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Well we are definitely overdue for these. We've had to wait a very long time for this toyline, much longer than we have done for anything else that fully deserved to get a toyline, so it's natural to feel that way. I think we all do at this point.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

Maybe S7 wanted us to want a young Jaga head…. So they left it out to make that urge even stronger. Loads of people are now wishing for that head. Job well done I’d say - especially if it was their plan all along to create a desire for it and the conversation continues long after he was released. Meaning when he does come out in whichever form the fanbase for it is already there……

motogp_fanatic and mjw41 like this.
  15. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

From a business point of view, it makes sense considering the fanbase they are catering to. My favourite version of Jaga will always be the white bearded version of him but a young Jaga is definitely a good idea, particularly if they're going deep with the line. It would open the door to other characters from a different time period in Thundercats like Ratilla and a young Claudus. Plus, there were quite a few characters that appeared in the show who had been around for a very long time or who used to be around long ago and have returned. There are several characters in Thundercats who fit the timeline of young Jaga.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. I just received my Jaga, Slithe, and Captain Cracker from BBTS today. I think these figures turned out beautifully.

Jaga looks great to me! I don't get any clown vibes like others do. I might even order an extra as he has three heads.

Captain Cracker is very cartoony looking, but that's what was shown. I wish he looked a bit less animated, but I'm happy with him.

Slithe is amazing! Bulky/heavy as heck. Great detail. Wow! Just wow! I've wanted a Slithe since I was 3 years old.

After nearly five years, we finally have new ThunderCats characters in this style. I'm quite overjoyed to say the least.
    :slithe

17. thunderkid1984

thunderkid1984 Junior Member

I apologize if this posts twice, I seem to be having some trouble posting. Anyway, I received my figures. Personally, I am very happy. I think these look great. The packaging is awesome, the figures are solid. Not perfect figures but quite good. It is so great to have a few new characters to add to the collection. Seeing this wave realized has me extra pumped for what is ahead. I hope everyone who ordered these gets them soon (if you have not already) and I hope you enjoy them!!

18. Sebastiaan

So glad you guys got yours! Once again sincere grattitude to you @theallamerican for saving this line from oblivion!!! Without your letter this would never have been possible.
    Also very happy to hear that Jaga is impressive. Many unhappy voices days after the first images. Doom and gloom all round. Disappointing that these folks influence so many others. Cancelling orders, bah!! Shame on you. I’d say, no, rather just keeping quiet. I am glad though that some have seen “the light” and reordered and uncancelled theirs. Then end up loving Jaga! The irony right? As the subscript on the order pages said “final product may vary” - if you still can’t read that bit then its your own fault. It still looks like Jaga to me.

19. Sebastiaan

He just needs sunglasses and a tan right? :roflmao

20. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, I mean it's an action figure, not the man himself. Imagine him in your home, watching you sleep. Nah, I'll stick with the action figure. I'll be objective and say what I see but it doesn't deter me. Action figures have never been perfect but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy them. At the end of the day, we buy them for fun. The figure itself still represents the character and we haven't had a Jaga since the LJN days. It's not like you can't tell who it's a figure of. I often find that some action figures have a sligtly bizarre look to them but I find it quite amusing sometimes. Having said that, I do sometimes think that factories can do better but as long as the item isn't defective, I'm pretty cool with it. This figure is more or less what I was expecting based on the video I saw. I did get a bit frustrated with the factory for this line because of multiple mistakes and I don't want anything jeopardising the success of the line. I don't have these yet but I must admit, Jaga looked better in the video review than he did in the first in hand picture I saw. Toy bro did point out some minor flaws but they weren't particularly prominent so maybe it was the brightness of that photograph that made his face look like it was caked in foundation. The bottom line is, this Jaga figure is the one that looks most like him so far. Granted, there hasn't been many but I liked the original and you can't say that this version isn't an upgrade because it is.