Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

That's Jaga on holiday

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. thunderkid1984

thunderkid1984 Junior Member

I absolutely love the Jaga figure. I was worried after seeing some negative reactions online but having the figure in hand he has become a fast favorite of mine. I’m so pumped now for the other forthcoming waves!

3. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Moleman

I was referring to lioconvoy and not you. And i don't think I'm rude but I can't say the same thing to you.

Back on topic.

Aside from the unitard design, I like what I see on the Toy Bro review and I am looking forward to have Jaga when it arrives.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Yes, I'm a big jerk, shame on me. Wires crossed, yadda yadda. You think whatever you want to. It matters not. I've obviously misunderstood too but it's posts like this that create an issue so if you don't want that then don't do it. You could see that people were getting defensive, which was unnecessary and you joined in. The difference between someone who is joking and someone who is being serious is usually quite clear. There was no need to bring in your personal feelings about Brian and Convoy anyway. It's not even as if you know them so why take my joke so seriously when it's not even offensive? As for being rude, if someone irks me then I will be and when I've got three of you getting on my back about Brian when I've done nothing wrong, I will say something because that was unacceptable. At least one actually had the decency to apologise in a private message. The bottom line is, the responses were uncalled for. Be more careful and be more clear in future. It's not difficult.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  5. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I think all the fans who are still waiting on Jaga are looking forward to his arrival. He can serenade us with his words of wisdom.

6. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

Exactly its the same people being negative on many forums. They should juist keep quiet instead of getting everyone upset and trying to get people to cancel orders.
    Its like they have no lives.

Ianm1225 and motogp_fanatic like this.
  7. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

My BBTS Slyth & Jaga Are processing and should be shipped any day now. Really looking forward to getting these in hand.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  8. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Well yes, it's a bit drastic but at the same time, it's not worth letting that spoil the enjoyment of the line because people are going to have different opinions so when someone says they don't like the figures, it doesn't necessarily mean that you and others won't. Some people find it harder to enjoy toys than others. There are people who nitpick more than others and have very high standards when it comes to action figures so there are often little things that bother them. For me, that's not the case because I still see them as toys, not collectibles. Growing up, toys always had imperfections and even looked daft from time to time but I had fun with them. They would still resemble the characters to a good enough extent for me to view them as such. As I've mentioned before, I say what I see but if it's not quite as good as expected, it isn't necessarily a deal breaker because I'm used to that with toys. It is nice when you see areas where there is room for improvement and then the toy company makes those improvements. The little things that add something extra to the figure are appreciated as it makes a figure more striking. My only frustration is when after having so much time to make these figures, they end up defective and having to be sent back. That's on the people working at the factory. Super7 will have been frustrated too. I don't expect anywhere near perfection but they did push it a bit when presenting Super7 with figures that were defective after having so much time to do them. It just seemed a bit disrespectful, like they have no respect for what they're producing, who they're working for and the consumer. The only way it affects us is the waiting which is a drag but at least we know that Super7 would not be willing to give us defective items so that's the positive we can take from it.

9. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

No but comparing a hand painted 4H prototype to the actual working toy and acting like Super7 dropped the ball is what I hate. If Sherri at 4H painted all the working figures then yes they would look like the prototype she painted but then no one would see their figures for two years lol. But since Factory workers over sea's are painting these yeah there will be a difference and 99% of the time its not a deal breaker for me.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  10. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

There is always some difference between the initial prototype images and the final product. Like you said, the factory workers aren't the designers. Some are better at reproducing what they are shown than others. The differences we end up seeing tend to vary as you know. Some are major, some are minor but like you, as I've already mentioned, it isn't often a deal breaker for me. In this case it was never likely to be because it's not like we've had several versions of these characters in action figure form. If we had then I could understand a collector not bothering if the figure looked off and we'd had far superior versions but when that isn't the case, the figure has more appeal because the collector wants that character. In the video, Jaga looked better than he did in the images. To me, he looks decent. There are things that you could criticize, he ain't perfect but so what? It's still nice to have for anyone who is a fan of Jaga or Thundercats in general. It's Jaga done in a style that we've wanted for a long time. The whole point in having a new Thundercats toyline is to give us an upgrade on the LJN toys and that is what we are getting. At the end of the day, nobody is being forced to buy these. We have two choices. We either want them or we don't, that's what it comes down to.

11. Ridetofight

Ridetofight Active Member

I don't expect production pieces to be the protos, i don't want to give that impression. There are a degrees in deviation from the protos for any company - the only variable outside of that is in your perception(s). I think, but i don't know, that companies "dumb down" their protos to more accurately reflect what factories are capable of producing. Neca COULD give us solicitations that look like screen used props, but they don't, they show you what appears to be a production piece, albeit with flattering photography. Who does or doesn't or can or can't see/care about the differences, i shouldn't judge. I'm happy for people who are happy with it. My intention isn't to beat super7 up or to be negative for the sake of wizzing in the cereal flakes. It really isn't. I'm critical because... it drives improvement, and who doesn't want something that's the best it can be versus "good enough". These are billed as "beautifully painted", yet the execution, in spots, is not on par with mass produced big box lines. I think super7 can deliver something slightly better, i have that confidence in them, but if no one raises their hand to point to opportunities for improvement, then we should just continue to expect "good enough". I'm not even a huge 'cats fan, and i think they deserve better than that. Thundercats have been owed an impressive toy line for a long time, and we are so close. It's like a great band that writes songs you love, but they're not quite tight enough on stage to give you the same feeling. Do i love 'em? Yup. Can they improve? Yup.

12. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

Indeed. It doesn't upset me when people are critical because regardless of whether or not I want the figure myself, I can see where people are coming from. I notice the same things. The way people feel about certain products is their prerogative as it is personal to them. Whether people praise or criticize the line makes no difference to me. I tend to see it from both sides. I'm all for improvement and when there is time for the toy company to make changes before release, constructive criticism is a good idea because at times, it has actually paid off. So far, I'm liking the figures enough to buy them, but of course it would be nice to see improvement. I wouldn't want people to feel like they can't criticize the line if that is how they feel about it and if it does drive improvement then long may it continue. Having said that, I am glad that some still like the figures and are positive about them because it's good to maintain balance within the fanbase in order to keep the line going by keeping that demand alive. Constructive criticism along the way has it's place too because like you say, it drives improvement and potentially gets us better products. Who wouldn't want that? There will never be a forum where every single member agrees on everything or likes everything they read. You just take the best parts of being on it. You are right about Thundercats being owed an impressive toyline for a long time. I think perhaps what we're getting is what a lot of fans expected, even though by today's standards they may seem quite average. My theory on that would be that many fans have probably been imagining this toyline for over a decade now and I think that based on what was around back then, like MOTUC for example, they were visualized in a way that is very similar to what we are seeing now. Due to us getting figures of characters that we have never seen done in this style before, it makes the figures seem special with a high level of excitement attached to them. It's the anticipation that has done that. The waiting has added to the demand. These are the figures that people wanted 10-15 years ago but instead of getting them back then, we're getting them now. It is understandable that several toy collectors will say that the figures should be better because it's been over a decade since MOTUC started and yet these are very similar. I don't mean to trash the line when I say this but I do think that there is a good chance that if we had gotten these 10 years ago, they would be pretty much the same as what we're getting now but at a lower price. So with prices going up and several years passing, there are going to be people demanding better and that is understandable. For me personally, I don't actually mind that they're similar to MOTUC from years ago because I like those figures and that was the style in which I wanted a new Thundercats toyline to be done in back when I started thinking about it in about 2009. For me, that has never changed. I love the LJN stuff but I wanted a Thundercats toyline for the 21st century, meaning extra detail and articulation, which we are getting. The way I see it is that these are the figures that I should have got 10 years ago, but I'm getting them now instead. They would have been viewed positively by more people 10 years ago in my opinion. The expectations have gone up since then. Should the quality be better? Of course. Are they a little overpriced? Yes. Is that enough to deter me? No. If it does deter some people then I understand and that is their choice. Everyone is entitled to make their own decision on these and give their opinion on them. It's like anything that is in the public domain to some degree. Some people didn't like the Mattel versions. I actually did but I did have one gripe which led to me actually skipping one of them. It was Pumyra and that was due to her height. That actually bothered me. I didn't like her being so much taller than all the others. That is one thing I can be a bit fussy about. I don't like it when the scale is wrong. She did actually look like a nice figure overall but I couldn't justify the purchase when I saw pictures of her towering over Lion-O, it looked ridiculous. It made Lion-O look like a Hobbit. I have my reasons for supporting Super7's line just like others have their reasons for not supporting it, but there is certainly no harm in discussing it. Regardless of differing opinons, it's still a topic of mutual interest. Also, I doubt that you would intentionally wiz in the cereal flakes......at least.....I don't think so anyway. I may have to check on that just to be on the safe side.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  13. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Barbarian

Jaga looks fine to me.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

[​IMG]
    I really dig this photo of Jaga!

15. Swift1246

Swift1246 New Member

Hey guys, long time forum reader and first time poster.
    I’ve received all Super7 figures so far and cannot wait to collect them all. I’ve seen Brian say a couple of times that they could go really deep with this line for several years like they did with MOTU. I’ve tried to look up how many waves MOTU had but can’t seem to find it. Does anyone know? I’ve created a kind of wishlist for myself, and assuming we continue to get 4 figures per wave, I could see myself getting 13-14 waves at the minimum.

Alex Jones and krazycp like this.
  16. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I haven't actually looked that up but there was a lot of waves.

17. Sebastiaan

They (S7) released 6 waves of CG. I think 5 of Classics (or 4) and one movie wave.

18. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Barbarian

I've lost count of how many Mattel did

19. mjw41

mjw41 Laser Beast

Yeah the paint job on this one looks Fantastic even around the mouth and nose. I hope mine looks this good, FedEx has My Jaga and Slithe in transit

chum1976 and Sebastiaan like this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Got my S&CC and Looooooooviiiiing itttt!! They spice up the display so much.
    [​IMG]