Wave 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

I've lost count of how many Mattel did

2. mjw41

mjw41 Vortex Explorer

Yeah the paint job on this one looks Fantastic even around the mouth and nose. I hope mine looks this good, FedEx has My Jaga and Slithe in transit

chum1976 and Sebastiaan like this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Got my S&CC and Looooooooviiiiing itttt!! They spice up the display so much.
    [​IMG]

The All American, heero_yuy2 and tone like this.
  4. chum1976

chum1976 New Member

My Jaga came today and he looks great. Much better in hand. So far very impressed with these figures. Thank you Super7 !!

Sebastiaan and mjw41 like this.
  5. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Vortex Explorer

My display looks a lot like that, except I only got 1 Mumm-Ra and also using the Bandai Tygra.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Sebastiaan

I did the same originally with my Bandai Tygra but when S7 confirmed they had the license I sold my 8 and 6” Bandai lot. That was a great line though. Pity they switched scales midway through.

7. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

Yes, I actually think they did a better job on the 8 inch than the 6 inch despite 8 inch being a strange scale to opt for. What was even more strange was the decision to change the scale. It was a bad decision at that time and far too late. To me, that was a sign of it's ultimate demise. It would have been interesting to see how more of the 8 inch classics would have turned out. I saw a picture of an unproduced 6 inch classic Panthro but I don't think it looks as good as the Mattel or Super7 version. Having said that, I didn't really like the 6 inch classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra either, even though I loved the 8 inch Lion-O. I thought the 6 inch 2011 Panthro was pretty good though. I actually thought that the 6 inch Bandai figures went quite well with the 2002 MOTU figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

Don't know why it posted twice

9. Sebastiaan

No worries, I removed it.
    Agree that the 2011 6” figures were great. Except the eyes on Lion-O. They advertised it painted and it wasn’t. It changes the whole figure. The classic 6” figures were a big let down. The 8” much nicer! I alao didn’t like the Tygra in that scale though the Panthro was better. They even had a Claudus planned! So sad it got cancelled. Booshman made some fabulous 8” customs of Jaga, Bengali and Captain Shiner. And Panthro too. Pumyra from Mattel worked well with that gang.

10. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

Yes, she would have gone well with 8 inch Lion-O and Tygra but for me, that would have been a pointless addition after what happened. I agree about 6 inch 2011 Lion-O, the face wasn't great on it. Not sure how the 4 inch version ended up with a better one. One thing I hated that came with 8 inch classic Lion-O was the sword. It was that soft plastic they used. We got chrome versions that were much better but there was no reason for the regular one to be that soft and floppy. When you make a sword that size, you can't afford to use that type of plastic. They got away with it on smaller versions but not that one, it was awful.

11. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Barbarian

The Bandai line had so much unrealized potential it's hard to believe. Best T-cat sculpts and attention to detail we have gotten IMO minus the joints lacking the correct color. I will always love them, especially that Tygra.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Bandai 2011 6" figures and the Classics 8" figures were amazing. It's a shame they didn't make both in the same 6" scale and make more characters.
    The Bandai 8" Lion-O's proportions and the design of his clawshield is still superior to the Mattel/Super 7 version.

13. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Cheers man, glad you remember them. The reason they worked so well is the 8" buck was awesome. The 6" figs were nowhere near as good. I equated their largeness to the LJN line, they were a good inch or so bigger than the standard figs of the time also. Waiting on my wave 3's no but I have a feeling Jaga is going to lagging behind ny custom.

I'd have taken a full line of 8" over a 6" continuation.

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

I think that's fair comment. I liked some of the Thundercats figures we got from Bandai. The 8 inch classics were my favourite. I wasn't crazy about the 6 inch classics but the 2011 6 inch figures weren't bad. I thought Panthro was the best. The 4 inch ones were decent too, although I don't think they did a very good job of Cheetara. I would have liked the Slithe more if it weren't for that terrible gimmick they gave him. I didn't mind the gimmicks on Mumm-Ra and Grune but the Slithe gimmick wasn't good at all. I really wanted an Addicus and Kaynar for that line.

15. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

I've always liked the 8 inch classic Lion-O, apart from his sword but I got the other versions too. It would have been great to have gotten more 8 inch classics and some more 2011 stuff.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Alex Jones

Alex Jones Laser Beast

I agree that the buck for the 8 inch figures worked well. When it got shrunk down, it didn't. Less size seemed to mean less quality with Bandai's classics figures. It shouldn't be the case and they should never have changed scales when they did. I didn't like how classic Mumm-Ra never included a cape. I got a custom cape but it really should have been included. His face left a lot to be desired too. I never had a problem with the 8 inch figures but I don't get the notion that they were based off of LJN because they weren't in scale with LJN, nowhere near. The figures we get now are more like LJN scale. I concur on the 8 inch classics though, I would definitely have taken a continuation of that over the 6 inch classics.

Mark M likes this.
  17. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

Just curious if anyone has gotten a shipping notice from Super7 yet? Thanks!

18. Sebastiaan

I know of a few people who got their figures without notices from S7. So not sure if the notices are delayed.

Ianm1225 likes this.
  19. mjw41

mjw41 Vortex Explorer

My Jaga & Slithe from BBTS arrived yesterday. :slithe Yesssssssss!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021 at 3:13 PM
    Alex Jones and Sebastiaan like this.
  20. mjw41

mjw41 Vortex Explorer

The Distribution Center that ships for Super7 has always had issues with shipping out orders and then the emails that The order shipped. Some people got the shipping email days after they got their order. At least thats what happened when Super7 was shipping Club Grayskull and MOTUC's

Sebastiaan likes this.