Wave 4 Info?

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by krazycp, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

Looking good overall. Definitely miss the braille board too for Lynx-O. Loving the character selection at this point. Really rounding things out more than I thought they would right away.

Could Snowmeow be the special Christmas time release?

2. mjw41

mjw41 Moleman

Prototypes. They have his weapon gripping hands on if he had the basic hands on I think they would look fine. also Corboy mentioned on his FB page that they have gone as far back as wave two to have them all made with no pins showing before they go into production at the Mattel Factory. I hope they are able to make that change. I didn't mind the tiny pins super7 used on the MOTU figures but those Mattel Fat pins are Ugly

3. mjw41

mjw41 Moleman

Nothing stopping super7 from doing an Accessory pack that has Items like the Brail Board, Warp gas Grenades etc in it at some point in the line.

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  4. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

fair comment but I felt I should respond to balgus82 but going forward i'll endeavour to ignore any further response to Pumm-Ra-gate :laugh:roflmao

i must admit though seeing Pumm-Ra & Snowman this early was a surprise to me.
    Monkian looks greats and tbh i've never been a fan of Lynx-O but he's TCat so i needed to buy him :biggrin

5. mjw41

mjw41 Moleman

Yes please, lets just let the thread progress

Coptur likes this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I don't like the snarl that the Lynx-O figure has, but he and the other wave 4 figures are great choices.

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  7. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I definitely miss the Braille Board and am also not a fan of the snarl.

I don’t think an eyes-open alternate head would make sense with the head band and this outfit, unless they wanted to reference “The ThunderScope” when Mumm-Ra disguised himself as Lynx-O and scared the crap out of every onlooking child.

[​IMG]

If there has to be an alternate head, I think glowing ears would be pretty great, to accompany the glowing-eyes Panthro head, or maybe his wounded face from “Touch of Amortus”, or his pained face from “Mask of Gorgon”, or his bandaged head from “Together We Stand”. The snarl just seems so wrong for such a zen character—I really can’t imagine Lynx-O angry...

But I’m super impressed with this wave overall. Definitely didn’t expect Pumm-Ra!! And the two extra heads there are fantastic. I’m loving the accessories too. The wrapped up sword, Monkian’s shield, Snowman’s ice weapons—really great.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 2:22 AM
    motogp_fanatic, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

All of wave 4 look pretty good.
    Don't like Lynxo's snarling head. Just like Pumyra, it's not a look he ever had in the show.

9. The All American

The All American Active Member

This entire wave looks fantastic! I'm especially stoked to get Monkian and Pumm-Ra!!!
    :monkian

10. thunderfat80skid

thunderfat80skid Junior Member

Great looking wave! Particularly excited about Lynx-o and Monkian. Super7 is really giving us something very special with this whole line. I know there will be issues and things that people don’t like but the fact that we’re getting a Snowman of Hook Mountain action figure in 2020/2021, speaks volumes. Much respect for Super7 going deep into the Thundercats cast and bringing us some incredible, unexpected stuff.

Pre-ordered, can’t wait!!

thezaxfactor likes this.
  11. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Good selection for the wave, the figures look nice. Not a fan of Lynxo's Elvis impression at all, if they want an angry head then this is not it, looks weird. I also hope they tweak Snowman's colours, he looks alright on the group shot but his solo picture is far too magenta, his pants and shirt should be blue. It think my favourites are Monkian and Lynxo, very show accurate and proportionate, as much as I like the headsculpt for Pumm-Ra he looks to suffer from the same stunted body as Lion-O.

Another thing, should there be more accessories than those pictured? I just went through wave by wave and added them up and the number of accessories is getting progressively lower. Not including heads and hands I count the number of accessories for each wave as:

Wave 1 25
    Wave 2 13 or 14 including Ma-Mutt
    Wave 3 14
    Wave 4 10

Edit: I just realised that Pumm-Ra comes with 2 identical open mouthed sculpts but one is scaled for the Everliving Mumm-Ra figure. Shame they went with an identical sculpt since it's a part that requires a new mold.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    Mad Bubbler likes this.
  12. thunderfat80skid

Totally agree that the Lynx-o “Elvis” face looks odd haha. Thank you for mentioning the “stunted” body too. I don’t see many people bringing that up and it is something that has bothered me with this line from the beginning. The shots we have seen of Tygra seem to indicate he has the “stunted” look too. I don’t get how sculptors as talented as the 4 Horseman are having these proportion issues. Ah well, stuff still looks great overall, much to be excited for!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have brought up the stunted proportions on multiple occassions...but we all know the reaction of some people whenever the Four Horsemen's sculpts are criticized for being wrong.
    It's the main reason I never wanted Thundercats figures on the MOTUC buck.

14. 13977

13977 Active Member

WOW! Outsanding choices IMO.
    Pumm-Ra is the star for me. I've said before theers only a few characters I want that didn't have a vintage LJN figure and Pumm-Ra and Mandora are the two that I mention. So I'm so over the moon to see him in this wave. Generally not being a fan of softgoods it would be great if we got a plastic robe as well like they did with Splinter. Also could be a good figure to come with the LJN Mumm-Ra figure weapons that aren't coming with his Ultimates release.
    Snowman, Monkian, Lynx-O all look good except for Lynx-O's alternate snarling head, just goes back to what I've always said that not every figure needs an alternate head.

thunderfat80skid likes this.
  15. thunderfat80skid

The “stunted” issue is a shame. We’re getting this great line but some stuff looks a bit off to the discerning eye. I think the Horseman do excellent work overall and many of the T-Cats Ultimates look fantastic, but yes some sculpts leave something to be desired. I’ve been thinking lately that it would be cool to see what NECA could do with cartoon accurate Thundercats. Maybe we’ll see that someday, down the line. Now I’m just being spoiled!! Haha

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Not sure about NECA. While their TMNT figures look good, much like Super7, NECA are pretty notorious for quality control issues.
    Personally I would love an actual toyline available at retail much like Masters of the Universe Origins.

17. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Alright guys, here's a good idea. What if they write a backstory for Pumm-Ra that reveals he's Pumyra's long lost father? Really fleshes out the character, right? Right?

Coptur likes this.
  18. thunderfat80skid

Origins is a GREAT line thus far, I love it. I’d absolutely love to see T-Cats in a retail release too. It always feels like the Thundercats audience is not quite strong enough to warrant a retail release though. The property needs a resurgence, the audience/fan base needs growth. A high quality streaming show or movie that has respect for the fans and the source material would help!!

Mark M likes this.
  19. jabus

jabus Barbarian

Lynx-O is by far pretty sparse on the accessories - should have the braille board,the talisman from Mumm-Ra lives, and maybe the keystone.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    Mad Bubbler and thezaxfactor like this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have only ordered He-Man, Skeletor and Battlecat so far. They are only showing up now and then on Amazon in the UK so far. My Battlecat should be here next week, not sure when He-Man and Skeletor will arrive. As soon as they become more available and at all retail I will be collecting the entire line. Really love the designs of the figures and the return of the action features etc. The beasts, vehicles and Castle Greyskull all look amazing.
    I liked the 2011 Thundercats cartoon and toys but I did not think the cartoon was that appealing for younger kids.