What are you doing right now?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Lord of the Thundercats, Oct 6, 2010.

1. siamese goat

siamese goat Junior Member

Surfing the lair at work......waiting for the day to be over so I can get out of the office for a week. Best thing about the Hot Rod industry is car shows :).

2. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

Scanning comics - which is endless! :eek:

3. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Watching the Green Bay Packers score 2 touchdowns in the Super Bowl! :thumbsup:

4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Someone tried to poison my 7 months old dog today morning and it's a really difficult time for me. My puppy, Bonny, is hospitalized at the vet house in critical condition. The vet told me she might not make it, the chances are 50-50.

I don't understand why some people call themselves Christians or Civilized Citizens of a democratic country.

5. I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. When I was an infant, some rotten neighbor that couldn't stand my parent's puppy's barking, poisoned the puppy. My parents couldn't prove it was them but these nasty old people were just miserable and made it known they hated that dog.

Some people are just cruel and heartless. I could never hurt an animal. Just the other day, a cat was in my yard. She was cold and shivering with a flea collar on, so I knew right away she was an indoor cat that happened to have snuck out of her home. I held her, petted her and put out a bowl of dry cat food. I do know animals do find their way home eventually and after she ate, I never saw her again. The point I'm trying to make here is "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, that you do unto me." It's in the bible, and God frowns on acts of cruelty towards animals just as much as cruelty towards people. Whoever harmed your puppy with be punished by God. You can't pray for vengeance, that's a sin but you can pray for justice, that is perfectly fine in the eyes of the Lord.

I do hope your puppy pulls through, I'll say a prayer. :)

6. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Sorry to hear that Lordore. I have a puppy too, and at that age they are so happy, friendly, and full of energy. Anyone who could do something like that to baby animals should be dragged into the street and beaten before being thrown in jail.

I hope Bonny makes it and has a speedy recovery.

7. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

Aw, Lordore. I'm so sorry. I hope she makes it *hugs*

8. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Junior Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. I agree completely that people who do this to animals have done it "to the least of my brethren, that you do unto me". I will also say a prayer. Hang in there.

9. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

Writing this...write now, er.. I mean right now.. I am writing this exact sentence. Ignore that it's fragmented.

10. I just finished doing all online algebra homework assignments for the entire chapter 2. I couldn't do this earlier because the website was down and everything was due tonight at 11:59pm. I have learned a vital and very important lesson of my life.............never try to do this again while getting my two young kids to bed. OMG what a nightmare. Every other word coming out of my mouth was the "F" bomb. I forgot how much I hated doing fractions as a kid.....and exactly why does two negatives when multiplied or divided end up positive?

My brain hurts. :(

11. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

Right now I'm agreeing with Lynxana that math sucks! With my son back in home school, he happens to be in the midst of fractions and let's just say, it's the favorite of neither of us :sneaky:

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Just wanted to say a big THANK you from the bottom of my heart for all your support and compassion. Even though you are all on the other side of the world, just to let you know you reached out to me.

The last 3 years i live in a remote area close to a mountain slop in a complex of 6 small apartments surrounded by trees, firs and wild nature generally. This dog one morning ,about 6 months ago, appeared out of the blue in front of my house debilitated and very scared. She was so weak and frail that her bones were quite visible from her thin skin. Hence,her name Bonny. Apparently someone abandoned her and left her there to die by natural causes. I took her in since that day and she had been a very close friend to me all the while. She had the most characteristic stare that i have ever seen at a dog's eyes, a mix of suddenness and total devotion, which never faded. All i can say is that i loved her very much.

Today, i heard the vet announcing me her death due to the high level of poison in her body and veins. There was nothing they could do to save her.
    The criminal who killed her used a rare compound of toxin to completely wipe her out. Now, it's needless to express my feelings about the whole situation.

I appreciate your words.

13. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Junior Member

Today, i heard the vet announcing me her death due to the high level of poison in her body and veins. There was nothing they could do to save her.
    The criminal who killed her used a rare compound of toxin to completely wipe her out. Now, it's needless to express my feelings about the whole situation.

I appreciate your words.[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I do believe there is an afterlife for animals so I'm sure Bonny is now playing again. I hope whatever your beliefs, they give you comfort.

14. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that Lordore. I am not the best with words of comfort, but at least she won't suffer anymore. I hope that the lowlife that did it is caught and brought to justice.

15. Here's something very interesting if you folks want to read....

Right now I'm listening to my new next door neighbors arguing. Are they or are they not armed? Sometimes it feels like I'm living in Harlem New York when I hear this stuff. My college degree can't get here fast enough! Thank God it's a degree that's constantly hiring despite the recession.

Granted my husband and I had our moments and sometimes it was ugly and sometimes physical but damn, this takes the cake. Sometimes you just can't tell nowadays. It's a damn shame when I have my kids sleep in my room to be away from the separating wall just in case there are bullets flying.

I miss my elderly neighbor Ceil.....it was her house that was sold to a slimeball landlord that will rent to any kind of scum with money.

16. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Right now? Well, a number of things, actually...

• Anticipating the arrival of some computer components I ordered from Newegg (Got my tax refund! Yay!). Ordered an Intel Core i7 3.06 Ghz CPU, an ASUS Sabretooth X-58 motherboard and a 650 watt power supply. Earlier I got a 1 TB Western Digital HD on sale at Best Buy, and last weekend I went up to a CompUSA store in Delaware and got an EVGA GTX 570 video card. I'll be getting my RAM from a local vendor...once he comes back from vacation. :p
    • Getting ready to go up to NJ for a reunion party thrown by a high school friend of mine this weekend. (And found a great way around that damned Delaware toll plaza on I-95. Traffic backup there is murder.)
    • Kind of glad I don't have class tonight. Going back to school for my IT Associates degree (though I already have a BS degree in Mass Comm). At least our group project for networking is pretty much done. Still, I gotta stop into campus sometime this week to renew my financial aid.
    • Kind of dreading the snow we'll be getting.
    • Going out to sell off my old and outdated WoW guidebooks since I quit playing the game last year, and then get some lunch.

17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Hey Queen Lynxana, i can relate...I grew up in a wild hood in the absence of my mother,whom i properly met when i was 15 and my father was mostly away. Right across my block of flats is a DETOX center. My hometown located in the center of Athens, actually in the worst part, it is notorious not just for 'apartment' brawls like you said or house break-ins but let me mention to you i've lost count of how many times we have find junkies and drug addicts shooting their dose as well as in a comatose state right in front of our apartments. The police is located almost in every nook and cranny.In a nutshell, it's a Bad place to live.

2 years ago tragic news and scenes went around the globe, you might have heard some, during the 3 days bombardment and clashes between the Police and Anarchists who literally burned the center of Athens down, indescribable incidents.

Thank God i live in a remote, suburban place over the last three years.

18. ROFLMAO! Yesterday I felt a little guilty for skipping school because I have the same professor for two classes on Thursdays...one is a three hour long class, the other one is an hour and a half long. He's nice but very boring and doesn't know how to teach. These two classes are the first time he's ever taught them. Anyways, I check my college email.....the professor sent an email to me and five other students about the homework in both classes....me and five other students didn't show up yesterday LOL

These classes are Hospitality Ethics and Purchasing for the Hospitality Business. He used to be an accountant that worked on Wall Street for over 20 years. I'm sorry but I didn't take this class for him to completely ignore the text book and talk about Enron or Beluga caviar (he became a chef two years ago so I guess that makes him an expert on the hospitality industry). So behind his back, we call him Mr. Beluga. :cool:

19. I'm eating KFC chicken! Their mashed potatoes and gravy are legendary! And their coleslaw kicks a$$!

20. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I'm having pizza for dinner & in the middle of a short Thundercats story that's related to the one Lord Slithor & I are working on.