What are you doing right now?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Lord of the Thundercats, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Thanks Lynxana! Congrats on going back to school, btw, I missed it earlier.
    Turns out she and I both are Aspies, I've suspected for a few months now, but it's different to have it official. We're also gifted, which is why it's been difficult to get her tested and none of us (me, her docs, her teachers) wanted to believe it. Her delays are in social interactions and also in controlling those emotional outbursts (to put it mildly). Also dealing with ADHD and the extras that come with ASD like OCD, GAD, and ODD. She's also on meds for bi-polar, though that dx is in question there's no denying the right meds help. Since she's pretty much a mini-me, guess that's where she gets it from.

Speaking of the mini-me, past time to drag her out of bed (fun stuff) since I go in early today. So glad it's Friday and I don't usually work weekends.

2. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Called in today seeing I sprained my thumb yesturday at work and its hard to wrassle dogs without one of the things that makes me more adapt then them....haha.

So doing errands (new dog licenses for my pups) and then finishing up some comissioned art I owe people. WEEEE

3. Tonight I'm just taking it easy after a long week at school. I had a privilege of interviewing a head chef of the college's food court for my Restaurant Purchasing class project, I did a preliminary blueprint sketch of my restaurant design project (I have to design a restaurant from scratch)...yep, I had to channel Tygra for that one LOL And I'm ready for the weekend! I really want to work more on my garden tomorrow. With all of this warm weather, I'm going to have to mow my lawn for the first time this year soon.

I'm so happy winter is over with in Pennsylvania! :thumbsup:

4. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Doesn't feel like winter is over yet. Dealing with yet another sinus headache thanks to this wet weather and editing/proof-reading my poetry collection to self-publish on Kindle while I think about doing the laundry today or getting groceries between rain showers because I'm out of light bulbs and of course two of the four in the bathroom burnt out at the same time.

5. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I just transferred pictures of my cats from the Dsi to an sd card.

Attached Files:

6. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Ate WAY too much today and am just vegging infront of the computer. I seriously want to take a nap but this late it will be a sleep. Haha.

7. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I was trying to create an avatar based on a drawing someone did of her. Unfortunately, there's too much detail to upload it even cut down to a head shot. :mad:

8. Can't you resize the image by shrinking it with MS Paint. The only reason why I would ever use that program is to reduce the image size. For example, let's say I have a picture and it's too large, I'll open it with MS Paint, go to Image, go to Resize/Skew and click on that. Then I'll start reducing 50% horizontally and 50% vertically at the same time and keep going till I get the size that I want. You could always go to Attributes to see the pixle size and reduce from there too, but I just click on that to see the specific size my picture is.

I hope this helps.

9. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Searching desperately for a babysitter for these stupid school holidays. WTH do they get a day off this Friday?

10. Oh crap, that's right, my kids are going to be off from school because of Easter too. Friday is given off because it is "Good Friday", many people go to religious services that day because Jesus died on the cross that day and most services are from 12:00pm to 3:00pm; the hours He spent on the cross.

Now I know this to be a fact because my overbearing mother just called and left a seething message on my answering machine about me missing mass today and then I know she'll call back a few more times today to remind me how I'm going to spend an eternity burning in Hell and how she raised me better than that. Oh joy and rapture, I get to get chewed out because I was stupid enough to actually call back without thinking and told her not to call me about church again. I just waved a red flag infront of a angry bull. I didn't have coffee yet. I had no sleep last night because of my daughter having side effects from her sleeping medication giving her severe nightmares, I didn't know this was because of the medication till it dawned on me last night. Then my kids were screaming and fighting with each other since they woke up.

Folks, I have your old fashioned traditional Irish Catholic mother. If you ever watch the comedy movie "Only the Lonely" with John Candy and Maureen O'Hair, Maureen is exactly like my mother...except for the accent, my mother doesn't have an accent nor can she speak Irish, but she sure has the temper and the same mannerisms. She should have been a travel agent because she can book a guilt trip. No, I take that back, my mother is a combination of Maureen's character and Church Lady from Saturday Night Live.

I'll feel much better as soon as the coffee is finished perking and I have my first cup of coffee. Sorry for the rant....this just happened a few minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  11. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

LOL, don't blame you. My parents attempted to raise me Roman Catholic (didn't stick). Where I grew up school wasn't out for Good Friday, the week following Easter was Spring Break, so it rather baffles me that they get out for Good Friday here and during Spring Break it was still winter (last month).
    Still without anyone to babysit and not sure if I could get someone to take my hours, either. Not sure if any local daycares would take her at all, let alone on short notice.

12. I'm sure some of your local daycares will be open because you're not going to be the only mother with children that has to work.

I just got done telling my husband how my mother is going to call me back. I have this down to an exact science ROFL I'm going to predict (like a football game) she'll call four times....1. to argue with me about my call-back, then after hanging up on me, she'll think of some sarcastic quip or remark and call back a second time to tell me. But it doesn't end there...she'll call her friend that is a priest LOL...then she'll call me back a third time to tell me she isn't going to pay me back the money I lent her this Wednesday which I need to repair my windshield and pay off some per capita tax that is require to be satisfied or they won't acknowledge to my college that I am a resident in a sponsoring school district to prevent me from attending college at the lower rate. Then she'll call me back a fourth time to tell me she that changed her mind to show mercy and how she is a good Catholic and she keeps her word that she promised to pay me back this week, this is supposed to make me see the light and change my ways to save my soul. ROFLMAO

I told you, I have this down to an exact science because it's been this way ever since I moved out on my own when I was 19 yrs old LOL

Okay, now I'll stop talking about my mother, but I figured it would be comical ;)

13. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

LOL, I got lucky, my Dad understands why I don't have anything to do with it.
    This is a small town, not many daycares, small capacities in what there are, and she is, to put it mildly, a difficult child at times.

14. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Slithor tried that without much luck.

15. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Woooooork. Do not want to go x_x

16. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Just landed someone to cover my hours on Friday since all the sitters are busy. First book went live on Kindle, but it's a niche market on that, so not expecting much of anything on that one. Now time to work on the real stories while I have some quiet before I fetch the kiddo from school.

17. I am having a very, very, VERY bad day. I just found out all of the assignments I was doing for Algebra class were the wrong ones and to wrap it up in a nutshell, it's like as if I never did anything all semester long in that class. I find this out today, two weeks before final exams. The homework question numbers listed in the syllabus is not the same on the online homework, but it is the same question numbers listed on the online study plan so I was doing those. So yeah, I cried because I wasted an entire semester for nothing. That homework was worth 10% of my final grade and if I don't get atleast a "C" in that class, I can't take business math which is required for my degree, I'll have to retake the algebra class.

The last test I took was an easy test but because it wasn't a long test, I got a 78% because I got three questions wrong...the math was correct but I wrote down the wrong exponent. As an example if I wrote down 3x² + 14x + 15 and showed my work and the correct answer is 3x³ + 14x + 15 with me still having the correct work but the wrong exponent, I still get the entire answer marked wrong.

So because I had one bad failing test (ch 5) but chs 1, 2, 4, 7, were good and ch 3 was bad but not failing, my test average is 69 and I need atleast a 70, so I need those homework points to pull it up. So I'm very heartbroken. This could also affect my financial aid and lower my GPA which so far is a 3.0.

18. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I work at a Community College. If the college you go to is like the one I work at, go the Academic Dean for whichever Division Math falls under. The Division Dean should have a lot of power, if they want to help.

I am assuming the Syllabus you were working from was given to you by the instructor, either directly or posted in your Online Class Section. If so, you have a really good argument for not knowing it was the wrong set.

If the Division Dean does not want to help you, the next person to talk to would be the Vice President of Instruction & Students.

As long as you have proof that the assignments you did were posted somewhere, you should have a really good chance of getting credit.

Good luck.

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Well, it might sound a bit geeky:cool:!!!, i've been playing for four hours the new MORTAL KOMBAT game on ps3. And Boy what a game!!

Scorpion rocks

20. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Not as geeky as me who got Oblivion and Bioshock for $10 bucks for the Xbox. OLD SKOOL GAMES! XD I heard that the new MK is amazing. Your one lucky cat over there ^_-