What are you doing right now?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Lord of the Thundercats, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Sounds good!. BTW, where was that Medieval picture taken? Wouldn't happened to have been the Maryland Renaissance Festival, would it? Ocelli and I were just curious.

2. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

It was taken at the Georgia Renaissance Festival.

3. AirMuseServalia

AirMuseServalia Berserker

Last Saturday at the downtown art museum, I did some volunteering. At first, I got discouraged and went home since I couldn't find a parking spot anywhere downtown. There was a race going on, so I was getting frustrated and went home. Mom persuaded me to go back and she dropped me off instead. Long story short, I was supposed to be working as gallery attendant, but put me at the kid's activities table instead. I was teaching the kids how to draw the human head because the featured artist was a guy who does portraits. I was drawing one child and her dad saw my picture and wanted to buy it. Y'all, you could've knocked me over with a feather. He asked how much and I told him would *this amount* suffice? He agreed and gave the money to me. I felt enraptured, made several little friends I drew portraits of for their scrapbook. It was sweet, and I need to volunteer over their more often because I do enjoy art, teaching, and working with children. Thanks mom!

4. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

Almost in tears because of the Young Justice finale. Not just because Wally "died" (still not believing it), but because we'll never get closure. Screw you, Cartoon Network. :mad:

5. Carnivac

Carnivac Active Member

Shush on spoilers of the finale of the only cartoon show I've enjoyed in yeeeears...

Edit: Ok seen it now. :) No more episodes. :(

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  6. hammy0924

It was so good. Cartoon Network should be put to death for cancelling it, or even THINKING about it!!!

7. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

Ditto to that.
    Merged Post:
    My weekend was pretty awesome. Was invited to a Starwars themed st patrick's day party. Borrowed only of my friends bobafet costume. Lots epic of drunk light saber fights. The only bad thing that happen was someone stole my camera at the party. I guess that party was to great for life its self.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  8. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

After how ThunderCats, and later Green Lantern and Young Justice were handled by them, and now that they're over, I'm done with Cartoon Network. If it weren't for the fact that they're (finally!) starting with new eps of The Venture Bros., I wouldn't even bother tuning in anymore. After having watch the final YJ episode, I could only turn to Ocelli and say, "Cartoon Network are IDIOTS!"

It's looking like Nickelodeon is surprisingly keeping the shows people like. TMNT is getting renewed for a second season, and Legend of Korra is coming back too. Plus we're getting a show based on Monsters Vs. Aliens. So they're starting to be a network I might want to pay attention to again.

9. 19Tabularasa94

19Tabularasa94 Thunderian Legend

Did you know Tab Murphy was the main screenwriter for Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire? It's my favourite Disney movie on so many levels! Too bad it flopped at the box office and had the most rubbishy sequel I'd ever known. Anyhow, I love this movie and knowing that Tab wrote the script, was worth watching! Yeah, never watched the movie for the 1st time till this year.

10. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

That's right! He did! I almost forgot about that, as I remember Joss Whedon also having a scriptwriting credit on it too, and consequently I tended to remember his name more than the others, even if he didn't have sole credit on the film. He probably did it just around the time his career as a "script doctor" was winding down and the whole Buffy thing was taking off. But still, watching the film, you can probably tell what dialogue contributions were his.

Yeah, I loved Atlantis too! Very underrated film from Disney. (Even if it did borrow a plot element or two from Stargate). Really hoped it would have done better. Don't blame them for the "sequel." That was really just a couple of slapped-together episodes for a proposed TV series that ultimately never got greenlit. I have the movie on DVD, but I'm hoping they'll eventually release it on Blu-Ray soon.

11. 19Tabularasa94

Yeah, I kinda agree that Milo looks like the hero in Stargate, only cuter. But still, I don't think the crew in the film actually intended to copy anything. If anything, it was Stargate who did the copying, in 2004, when Stargate: Atlantis came out in 2004. You can see it in the way Atlantis is written in the title.

12. AirMuseServalia

Have to agree with Tab on Atlantis, but I also think Treasure Planet was underrated, too. The steampunk vibe was really unique for Disney and it would be pretty cool if they rolled with another movie or a series involving the genre.

13. hammy0924

And the steampunk obsession this generation has continues...

14. AirMuseServalia

hammy, if you have nothing nice to say about my opinions/personal tastes or the opinions/tastes of others , then be a big boy and be quiet.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. hammy0924

I'm trashing the obsession, not the people obsessed.

16. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

Look! A distraction! :D

17. 19Tabularasa94

What's wrong with steampunk anyhow? I like the idea that wheels were clanking and clockwork was creaking during the Victorian era (Though it wasn't, *cough* Sherlock Holmes movie *cough* ). And I love the phantasmagorical photoshoots and drawings and stuff done within this sub-genre. It's very thought-provoking.

Anyhow, I just got an idea. If they've cancelled the NS, thus being unable to continue it, why can't they tie up all loose ends with an animated movie?

18. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

That's one of the best ideas that I've read in a long time.:thumbsup:

19. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Oky, I'd just like to weigh-in on this. I'll admit to liking Steampunk, having been exposed at an early age to the likes of Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. But I find it best when used where it's appropriate. Take a look at the recent release of BioShock Infinite, for example. While Steampunk is central to the game, it's not obnoxious about it.

And while I do like it, I do find it annoying when I see people who are into it to the seeming exclusion of all else, or feel the need to put Steampunk into EVERYTHING!

Don't get me wrong. I can get why people are into it. But when it seems to become an all-consuming thing, that's when I have to back away. What can I say? I prefer on being well-rounded in my interests.

That, and I'm more partial to Retro-Futurism myself. At least that hasn't been run into the ground the same way Steampunk is.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. 19Tabularasa94

Glad you think so. :thumbsup: Used it as a basis for a new thread.