What characters (ThunderCat / Thunderian or Mutant) would you have liked to be introduced?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Tygra_Rules, Jul 10, 2016.

1. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Lol and when I posted a video of his fight with mumm-ra I called him a really annoying hyena alien. XD

Speaking of mutants though, I am ind of glad jackalman wasn't a wolf. Jackle's don't get much media attention in tv shows or movies. It's almost always foxes and wolves who get spot lit.
    You know what I would have loved to see? a mutant, maybe one that is real fierce looking maybe a hippo or a rhino that is actually a pacifist. Like his mutant species is known for being real nasty but h isn't one. Like he leaves the mutants who are trying to get him to do evil an the thundercats see him and think he's doing something bad and fight him but he only fights back because they attacked him first. While they fight some little animal gets hurt and he sees it and goes over to help the creature which surprises the cats and leaves them questioning their feelings about mutants. They ask him why he attacked them and he tells them he was only defending himself and they feel bad and invite him to the lair and they become friends, maybe he becomes real good friends with panthro or cheetara or pumyra.. yeah he's good at healing and he and pumyra hit it off and spend their time collecting healing herbs and stuff together.

lol sorry. I got a little carried away. I just kind of wish there was at least one mutant that didn't fit the stereotype

2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

About Jackalman, I think writers went for a jackal as they're supposed to be more shy and cowards; a wolf would have been too brave for teh character, and maybe a fox too clever lol.

About the plot you suggest, wouldn't it be similar to teh one in the "Good and Ugly" episode?

I'm reading older postas in this thread and came across the Fishman Mutant again. Giving it a second thought, could have been an interesting character with the right twist, Like, not a character limited by surface action, but a character that dwells good in both the surface AND under water. So he/she wouldn't be limited by his/her aquatic feature, but strenghtened by it.

3. mumm_ra_n_rana

Maybe a little bit. Just the big and scary part to be honest. I thought somebody would point that one out. But I was thinking the mutant would have more depth to him than that episode gave the alien from that episode. You know how mutants are regarded in the cartoon.

If the fish person was a lungfish maybe XD. hehe why not? Lungfish are cool.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be intrigued by a clan/group of nocturnal animals. Maybe something like raccoons, badgers, possums etc. Perhaps they are a separate faction which operates in stealth and are somewhat thieves/scavengers.

I am also always a sucker for kangaroos!

5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I think that he was based on a Doberman dog. And I'm guessing that he was also the inspiration for the character of Dobo from the 2011 series. :)

I like that idea! :thumbsup Kind of reminds me of the 2001 "Planet of the Apes" movie in which one of the gorillas decides to join up with the humans. But it's very unlikely that would have ever happened in the show, as back in the 80's cartoon characters were pretty much supposed to be good or evil, there was no in-between. Probably so that us kids would not get confused! LOL! :biggrin But nowadays there is no shortage of "grey" characters and anti-heroes in cartoons and movies. Even in the old movies of the 50s and 60s, there was always the square-jawed hunky hero and the mustache twirling villain.

I can almost visualize a boxing kangaroo going head-to-head with Panthro! :biggrin

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  6. mumm_ra_n_rana

Well there's always fanfiction.
    and a boxing kangaroo mutant. That would have been hilarious. They could use that for humor whenever the other mutants get on his nerves he can get up on his tail and kick them with his feet and knock them across the room.

Tygra_Rules and Wilycub like this.
  7. Tygra_Rules

Bump... just because this topic really interests me and want to know your opinions.

We have discussed other Mutants, but what about other Thunderians? Which cats would you have liked? Names? Weapons of choice?

8. mumm_ra_n_rana

as I said before. I would have liked an all white blue eyes cat that was deaf. Though she can't hear she can feel sound vibrations. also it would have been interesting to see a thundercat using ASL.

9. Tygra_Rules

What's ASL?

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

American Sign Language.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  11. Tygra_Rules

Thanks!

12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

There's a character from the Marvel UK ThunderCats comic that I would've loved to see on the show -- Slithe's ancestor, General Komodo. Komodo is only in the UK comic's bio cards, but I'd change his name to Komodus. He carried a weapon called the Scimitar of the Slain, though if Komodus were on the show, his weapon would be probably renamed.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  13. mumm_ra_n_rana

Komodo? there's a reptile dinosaur alien in the dogs of war comics with a similar name.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I wasn't aware of him, but will now have to check him out! Thanks.

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You're welcome. :)