Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Dragon78, Jun 28, 2013.
Also that fact that there young. Teens and kids.
I liked the show overall. The setting, story, characters the world everything was very well done and i liked how they tried to make it more serialized instead of just having a new enemy to punch each week.
When it comes to the story i was very surprised as to what they did and tried to do. Never in my life could i have thought that up myself and i still think it's very brilliant. A good reboot!
I loved the reimagination in the first 3 episodes, those were just perfect. I really liked the art of the series and I thought Pumyra was a cool, complex character. Tygra I think we a bit too belligerent with Lion-o but for the most part of loved the new series.
For the good aspects to the new Thundercats series I would conclude to say that:
1. I loved the idea of the background story.
2. Many of the character designs were very pleasing. I absolutely loved this new Lion-o and loved Tygra's design. Same with Kit and Kat and those two were well-written as kids.
3. Voice acting was great, Kit and Kat were most irritable for me as a kid in the OS and the NS I thought they were so adorable! Also, Will Friedle always will have a special place in my heart for loving the same goofy stuff I like (BMW) as well as voicing the goofy stuff that is enjoyable...and somehow is the Easter eggs of voices I find out about. He nailed that Thundercats Ho! war cry! Him and Larry Kenny is just an interesting combination.
On a side note, had Matthew Mercer not VAed Tygra, I would have never heard of that guy and would support the dude on future VAs. (Promise I will pick up the Avengers series)
4. Can I say that colors were just stunning in the landscape scenes. I have to say my favorite is the Berbil territory.
5. The sound effects such as Cheetaras running ability was a nice shout out.
The intelligent scripts. They were so good.