WHat if 2011 Lion-O looked something like this?

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Rizefall, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Warrior Maiden

Warrior Maiden Junior Member

Personally, I like the designs the creators of the new series went with. After watching the first several episodes of the new series, I went back to the 1985 series and looked at pictures of their clothes and looks, and I couldn't believe how...outdated they felt to me. I mean, the original series is special and I will always enjoy it, but after watching the 2011 series, it took me several episodes to get used to the original series again.

2. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Agreed. Cause of that i think it would be better if the OS had something like this instead.

3. CappuccinoBird

CappuccinoBird Vortex Explorer

wat?

This definitely makes me appreciate the new series more.

4. TheCollector

TheCollector Glass Walker

C'mon, no one else see's the horror in a ROCKBAND Thundercats show? I mean god, show would of been so horrid, just the rockband part proves that. It would of been so horrible no one would of touched the franchise for a decade. And well, you can guess what would of happened or not happened with this one.

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

worse than that, if it had actually been popular with kids any future thundercats would be tainted with it because they'd use elements from that version.

the current crew made a good choice in keeping the basic ideas faithful to the OS.

6. stormbringer

stormbringer Berbill

I think we all can safely agree that whatever issues we may have with the current show,its a BILLION times better than that rockband crap.What were they thinking???

7. CappuccinoBird

I heard about the rockband thing months ago, so I already got the laughing and violent facepalming and quiet horror at what could have been out of my system. The transforming kids are news to me, though. How in the world did people come up with so many... special ideas?

Wait, maybe those transforming kids were inspired by that W.I.T.C.H thing? The style looks a little bit similar, I think.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. Rizefall

What is this Rockband ****..? Something Thundercat related`?

9. CappuccinoBird

They were planning a cartoon where the Thundercats are a rockband.

10. Rizefall

Who, When, What.. WHAT?

11. stormbringer

stormbringer Berbill

A few years ago they were planning a thundercats revival that had a human rockband that could change into the thundercats.I think snarf was supposed to have a mystical third eye and they would battle mumm-ra. Also our present was supposed to be third earths future.

12. Rizefall

You can't be serious? Was this ever confirmed to be in production or just on the drawing board?

13. stormbringer

stormbringer Berbill

I'm not really sure how far it got in production. I really only know what I read about it on some sites I was on a few years ago.

14. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

it was in pre-production at the very least because there were character designs done by LeSean Thomas (who now is the lead character designer on the Boondocks). I think he's working on the new Avatar cartoon Legend of Korra as well.

15. TheCollector

TheCollector Glass Walker

Oh gods! I feel sick. Thank god this wasn't made!

16. Warrior Maiden

Warrior Maiden Junior Member

I like the 2011 Lion-O's look just as he is. In fact, I really like all the looks of the characters. Even more so than the looks of the characters in the original series, actually.

17. eruantano

eruantano New Member

I love all the new designs just they way they are:thumbsup: Wouldn't change a thing. Then again, this is coming from someone who hasn't see anymore then a few episodes of the original series so I'm not having conflicting character design preferences in my head:p