What type of Cats are the Thundercats?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by srebak, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Ok, my question is what was going on in the writers' head when they wrote this "war" with felines and other animal spieces. Its almost like the ThunderCats were the Hebrews, hated by everyone and with a "king" leader that had to leave their homeland and then return. I always wondered what the scientic origins would have been but then I just think of it all being an alternate dimension, also maybe deep in the future.

2. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I sort of saw the Exodus connection and somewhat exploited it in my head for quite some time.

Also, i myself never really saw the real world link for the feud between the Cats and Lizards. I mean if the Cats' greatest enemies were the Dogs, the Birds, the Rats or even the Fishmen, it would have been cliched, i'll admit, but it would have made sense. When have Cats and reptiles ever fought in nature?

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

My guess is that when the cats started gaining the upper hand after all the animals crash-landed on Third Earth, they recieved the most hate from the lizards.

4. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Maybe its based on an ancient battle between Israelites and Reptilians (Humanoid reptiles from the Draco star system.) I've also heard of a humanoid feline race from star system Lyra. This is ofcourse somewhat fringe and 'paranormal'.