What worked in the Old show's format but not the new one's

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by srebak, Apr 12, 2015.

1. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

To put it simply, after finding out what i could about the old Thundercats show, it seemed to me that there was only a certain amount of material from that series that could have been translated to the reboot. The rest just wouldn't have fit the New Show's format.

For example; Slithe and the other Mutants were still able to make an appearance in the NS, they just couldn't be called Mutants anymore, since, this time around, they're about as natural creatures as the Thundercats, just different types of animals.

Jaga being a ghost could still work in the NS, there just had to be a better reason for it in a show this serious.

However, there are certain things that really couldn't work in the New Show, not like they did in the old one.

For example; Mandora, Safari Joe and all the other intergalactic threats the Thundercats face, they probably wouldn't have felt natural in the new series, at least not until much later, seeing as the Thundercats were not really at the point where space travel was no big thing to them. The Lunataks might have worked, but it wouldn't have been an easy thing to pull off.

The whole King Arthur thing would just feel out of place in this format if you ask me

Anyone else have something they want to add?

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

More animals such as werewolves would've worked on the 2011 show.

3. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Something else to add? More episodes!!!! :D:D:D