When do you think we will get the next update on the new line ?

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Gerrit, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

When do you think will we get the next update on the new line ? PowerCon ? NYTF ?

From the Q&A we couldn't find out if there will be any new figures revealed, but that doesn't mean we won't get an update on who is coming.

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I'm also eager to know when they will announce some more info. Come December they should probably make some announcement seeing as it would then be a mere 7 months before Lion-O hits our post boxes. I wonder if they'll announce the entire line up for the 6 months at once when the subscription opens. Either way, I'm super excited at this excellent new line!

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think there will be much news until Toy Fair in February.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

We're just about past 2015. ;)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Sebastiaan

Oh yes, September is just around the corner, which means we're entering the counting in single digits months very soon...

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Oh, yes.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Sebastiaan

With the announcement of the 3 exclusive MOTUC figures for next year at PowerCon, who knows, we might get a glimpse of some new figures!! Here's hoping.

Daremonger likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Is it just me being impatient or has it been rather quiet on this front? No news since they dropped the bombshell on us in July! At least September is halfway done, still, the waiting is the worst - especially with no news :mummra

Daremonger likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I r
    I really don't think we will here pretty much anything until Toy Fair in February then I am hoping they unveil at least a dozen figures. :biggrin

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Would they actually reveal figures in advance? Perhaps if they do they might get some time to fix up any errors we spot. I'm not sure how they promote new lines as I haven't ordered any of the MOTUC line, but how many do they showcase in advance? When they do the whole year subscription, do you know upfront what will be part of it? In other words, will be know which 12 figures are planned? Do they ever change any figures? Obviously the first sub will be 6 figures as they've said, but will we know who these figures will be up front AND see them all at once?

Daremonger likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

At Toy Fair and SDCC they usually show 6-12 of the upcoming years MOTUC figures.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Hopefully we get to see the other 4 at least for the 2016 sub, seeing as there will only be 6 and we've already seen 2 (excluding Mumm-Ra mummy form). Talking about that, is he included in the 6 figures line up or a sub only exclusive, which means, we get 7 figures if we subscribe?

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You will get 7 figures. Quite frankly after the Filmation Teela fiasco and other past incidents unless they have the full years line up on show I will have to think carefully before purchasing a subscription.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Sebastiaan

That's great news. Thanks Mark!

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There is supposed to be a He-Man She-Ra convention on in England this weekend called Twins of Power, if Mattel release any info at it there is a possibility they might release some Thundercats news. :rolleyes

16. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Maybe they show the same stuff already show here in the states.
    I think they are going to release more pictures and news the next BIG event "Convention'.

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't believe it finished yet but New York Comic Con is on next week so hopefully Mattel might unveil something there. But if not we will just have to wait until Toy Fair in February.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  18. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

That would be the right place for sure!

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Comic Con is doubtful but Toy Fair is a 100% guarantee. :D

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  20. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I don't see Mattel on the Exhibitors list ?? But they will be there I'm sure .... Mezco is at least there ... so maybe we will see an update on Tygra!