Which Toy Company Should Do Thundercats Roar Toys?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by T-Cat, Dec 25, 2018.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

With the Toy Fair 2019 just around the corner, which toy company do you want to see do new Thundercats Roar toys?

We can assume Bandai will not be doing figures this time!:biggrin
    Below is a 3D picture of Lion from the new show! This guy has a finished product with in action figure form on his Instagram!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/azYlX

That figure looks amazing!
    :panthro

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Daremonger likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hideous designs. It wont really matter what company gets the licence. I can't imagine there being much demand for them.
    Although for other products to be attached to the licence holder like Classics etc hopefully any company like Hasbro, Mattel, Playmates, Diamond Select etc.
    Hopefully Super 7 do not get the licence. Super 7's products have terrible quality control and even worse customer service.

3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Did you get a chance to look at the picture in the background of the Thundercats Roar interview and if you look closely you can see LJN with figures maybe from the new series!:biggrin

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I read a eumour the other week that LJN are making a comeback. Maybe they will be the company making toys for Roar etc.

T-Cat likes this.
  5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

shortfuse likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would honestly love it if they could reissue the original classic figures. Since my originals got destroyed with the plastic degrading and mould I would love to buy some mint reissues.

Those old rubber LJN figures were pretty cool. I never had any growing up. Although my cousin had a Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff figure I got to play with now and then. Several years back when I started buying on eBay I bought a few of the WWF LJN figures and they were definitely nice figures. But they are quite expensive and hard to get without paint damage.
    It's pretty cool though that LJN are making a comeback. There definitely is a market for retro toys...especially when made by a good company.

T-Cat likes this.
  7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I see it now LJN showcasing new figures at Toy Fair 2019!

Can you imagine how fast the re issue Thundercats figures would sell off shelves?

I think those figures would be as popular as the 40th year anniversary Star Wars figures!

Mark M likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would be awesome if Thundercats had some new products on display at Toy Fair.

The TMNT re-issues from a couple years ago were quite popular but Playmates messed up not releasing all the characters and not releasing them worldwide.

T-Cat likes this.
  9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I hope LJN only releases a few figures per quarter for the adult collectors just like Funko Thundercats!
    With that said, I'm probably not going to invest in the Funko line!
    :panthro

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have mixed thoughts on the Funko line. They don't really appeal to me. I like retro toys but the Funko Retro Thundercats really aren't up to the standard of the vintage LJN figures in terms of design, sculpt and action features. The only thing they have done good is they have better more cartoon accurate paint apps.
    If I seen them at retail though I might get some since I know longer have any Thundercats toys.

I would love some LJN re-issues but not exact reproductions of the vintage toys. To tell them apart they could paint them more cartoon accurate. :D

T-Cat likes this.
  11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

The only downfall to more cartoon accurate LJN figures would mainly be consumers would find a way to complain about a certain figure looks! I'm a fan of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it " motto. Fans would buy these without hesitation just because of the they grew up with those figures.

I guess that's one of the main reasons the Funko line might stick around is they are more cartoon accurate.:panthro

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree, but with some of the other re-issue toys there are some people who try and sell them by passing them off as originals.
    On the old LJN figures the sculpt is there. They are just really let down by the paint applications.
    I'd still like the toys like they were but I would be even more excited getting better versions like they were in the cartoon.

As long the Funko brand is selling it's at least keeping some interest in the Thundercats brand. Maybe it will cause other companies to get the licence to produce more merchandise.

adssse and T-Cat like this.
  13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This is where I am at as well. I have been trying to limit my spending but any Thundercats merchandise and exposure is positive in my eyes.