Who has taken the monthly sub / quarter sub

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

With the subs streaming in on this site, many has said they chose the quarter sub because of postage being cheaper. What have you done sub-wise and why?

Personally I took a sub with a friend and we chose the quarter option. Which means sadly we'll both be waiting until it arrives in December. It was clearly the cheaper option as we not only saved on postage by subbing together, the monthly sub's postage would have been hectic. The other issue is that living overseas the postage has a hefty price tag. We did however choose the 1-2 weeks postage option, although a bit more expensive, it is the safest option seeing as many parcels to our country tend to get lost. (I think we have a lot of collectors who deals with the imported post....) Luckily DHL is a trustworthy option and bonus we don't have to wait until MARCH when it would most likely arrive over here... Kid you not! What postage option did you choose?

The only down side is that I would have to wait for 10 months until I can finally hold Pumyra and the gang in my hands. Hopefully with the SDCC exclusive I might just get lucky to have the first figure long before December. That will at least make up for the wait!!!

Mark M likes this.
  2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I got the monthly sub. Smaller packages tend to slip by customs, meaning no extra fees. Shipping to Holland is expensive enough as it is :)

3. englishw

englishw Junior Member

I'm going with monthly mostly because I'm impatient :wilykat

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I went with the quarter sub. It will be hard to wait but it is still pretty expensive for me to afford.

5. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

I went with monthly because it would drive me insane to see people having them all over the internet while I had to wait! And yes, I did tend to dig for the toy in the bottom of the Cracker Jack box before eating the popcorn!!! :snarf

6. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

I went monthly
    I live in the UK and if I went quaterly ID have to pay customs charges and postage costs which mean it probably will be the same cost overall
    I just hope none of the items are lost in the post as there is no liability from matty collector

7. temple

temple Active Member

Monthly - I'm impatient and I don't want a customs charge.

8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I went with single shipment in December. I'm having them sent to a friend in the US, then on to me in China. I reckon I'll be last to get my figs and I probably live closest to where they're made, haha.

9. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

same for me. with other MOTUC subs, I do quarterly, because I can wait...but with Thundercats. NOPE. I WANT THEM NOW! :)

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

Debating on getting a sub. I just don't understand the shipping options. International shipping to be clear (to Switzerland).

For the single sipment, here are the options:
    international express 62.49
    int postal 71.89
    This doesn't make any sense... international postal has no insurance, no tracking, and it's slower... yet it's more expensive? Seems off to me.

For monthly, the shipping cost they show I assume is for only one figure. So if I multiply that by five, I get:
    international express 187.45
    int postal 76.95

International postal is almost the same as in the single shipping! What gives?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I read some threads over at He-Man.org. I think I get the reason why costs are this way. I mean I don't get why they're THIS HIGH, but why some options are more expensive than others even if it doesn't make sense at first sight. The important thing is that it's not a glitch in the system, the prices shown are the real deal.
    ... Dayum this is an expensive line.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  11. Ancient Spirit of Evil

Ancient Spirit of Evil Junior Member

Monthly for me as well, out of impatience :liono:jackalman

englishw likes this.
  12. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I wanted to do the single shipment, as it's cheaper. But I was a bonehead and also pre-ordered the Sideshow Collectibles Skeletor statue, and I didn't want to get hit by my monthly payment for that AND the full price of the sub (plus shipping) in the same month. So I went for the monthly option.

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i have gone for monthly just because i can not wait for them to all ship together . i will be keeping mine moc .

14. Thundaracats

Thundaracats New Member

I bought the quarterly sub. This is my first time subbing...how come it doesn't show up in the 'my subscriptions' section?