Why I am not collecting the Thundercats Classics.

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark M, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I didn't ask for the thread to be reopened.
    I still stand by my opinions, but I wasn't very clear in the fact that whilst I am not a fan of Mattel and the subscription method etc I do still plan on buying some of them if the finished pieces look good and I can afford them. I will just not be trying to be a completest and get every character.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

For all the people buying subscriptions let's just hope all the figures turn out as good as the prototypes (and not like Filmation Teela and a few others) or they might have difficulty selling the extras. :)

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

When you locked it you had every right to do so because of the arguing between two other members.

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Yeah, well some members just needed to cooled off.. :) All opnions deserve to be heard, we just have to reply to those opinions in a normal, respectful way or not at all. :)

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  5. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I never said you did :) I referred to creating the thread and having your opinion heard.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know man :) I just don't want people thinking I requested it to be reopened.

7. Sebastiaan

All good! Ho!

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Mark M like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Hahahaha!

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Classic!!!:mamutt

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is another reason why financially I don't want subscribing to Thundercats. ;)
    [​IMG]

12. Sebastiaan

No picture :( just IMG

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

14. Sebastiaan

Oh boy! Batman!!!! Exciting times lie ahead for you my friend!

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah I really want to start collecting this line. Exciting = Expensive LOL.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah I was thinking of getting the 2.0 He-Man figure and Skeletor. Covering costs is one thing (£5-10 profit) but quite frankly I think what some people on Ebay are doing is disgusting trying to sell 2.0 He-man for £80. :eek It's a shame as the 2.0 head sculpt is really nice.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Arkham stuff is pretty amazing too. I had the first Killer Croc. I would love to get the Origins one.
    I like the Mattel DC figures as they scale well with Marvel legends, but the sculpt, paint, accessories, value and articulation the last while of the DC Collectibles figures is far superior to Mattel.
    What do you think of the new Icons line?

Ianm1225 likes this.
  19. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

I think the Icons line look amazing! If I was rich I would probably have a wing in my house dedicated to toys lol. I love the Arkham line too, though it's not been without problems. Overall I would definitely say that the articulation and such has been better than some of what Mattel has put out lately! I think the 4H sculpts are great, they just somehow manage to get messed up in production. DC also seems to be really easy to deal with for refunds from what I've seen (I luckily haven't had to do that yet). Plus no Digital River is a giant plus!

Mark M likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes, not dealing with Digital River is definitely a plus. I like being able to buy stuffs in local shops, comic shops and amazon.
    I think the Icons look great but a little small compared to the usual size. I seen some beside Marvel Legends and they look too small. The great articulation and loads of accessories though makes them really tempting lol.
    4H did some great sculpts in DCUC. There was definitely some that did not look right be it them not getting the look right or the production getting messed up.
    One thing I really don't like though about DC Direct/Collectibles is how the sculpts vary between each series of figures. Like the New 52 stuff really doesn't look right next to some of the older figures, Alex Ross and Arkham figures. I do like the consistency of the Mattel figures.