Will we see Mauraders?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Lady Ocelli, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

In the OS, Cheetara mentions Grune having a group of followers called the Mauraders. Do you think we'll find them in this one too?

2. Mumm-Ra's Wrath

Mumm-Ra's Wrath Laser Beast

That would be cool if they turned out to be the Beserkers or the Lunataks or something.

3. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Well ThunderCats is owned by Warner Bros., so maybe the names of Grune's Mauraders could be Padfoot, Moony, Wormtail, and Prongs. :cool: Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw "mauraders."

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

Could Grune side with Mon*Star in upcoming episodes? It is not like he has any loyalty.

If so, then his Marauders could be him leading Mon*Star's mob, Melodia, Windhammer, Buzz Saw, Hardware, Mo-lec-u-lar and Mumbo Jumbo

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  5. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I don't see Mon-Star being a major character in the series. I wouldn't be surprised if that image we saw of him is the only image we'll see of him in the series.

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

Don't say that, you will break me heart :)

I hope you are wrong. I think there can be more Silverhawks involvement in this series

7. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

This! If Mon*Star is used to much in the Thundercats it would really harm the likelihood of a Silverhawks remake. Also could you imagine the ns haters. They'd have a field day with that one.

8. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Bring in QuickSilver and let Peter Newman voice him again. I love Peter's heroic voice. :thumbsup:

9. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

They can't have Mumm-Ra be the big bad guy for two seasons, it becomes too repetitive.

All powerful Mumm-Ra can't be beaten and is so threatening but is immune to light. That is how we will beat him. Wash, rinse, repeat, ad nauseum.

Mon*Star does not need to have a main role, more of an over arching story line. That will keep him from being over exposed

10. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I didn't remember that, but it'd be definitely cool.

11. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

Mumm-Ra doesn't have to be the bad guy every season, but there are other villains like the Lunataks or Ratar-O.

12. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Right. Thundercats has enough villains to go around without having to "outsource" a Big Bad.

13. Urazz

Urazz Laser Beast

Yeah, they are plenty of villains to have the series go on for a few seasons. Though truth be told, I don't think the series should really last longer 3 seasons at the most.

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

It all depends on how well the other villains are written. Mumm-Ra is established as the main villain and will always be the main threat but I just can't see the other villains being able to pick up the slack left by a defeated Mumm-Ra (if he ever gets defeated that is)

15. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

If written right, like the way they started out in their first or second appearances in the os, the Lunataks could be quite the evil bad-asses.

16. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

I agree, but I am holding a torch to see Mon*Star in action. If the creators read these boards then I want to make sure they see the mention of Mon*Star and the Silverhawks as much as possible :)

And in resepct to the original topic I will mention my first post on the subject. Grune's marauders could be Mon*Star's mob from Silverhawks

17. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Don't forget Time Stopper, my favorite member of Monstar's mob (and I think Peter Newman voiced him as well... he got the best characters, didn't he? Tygra, Monkian, Bengali, Wilykay, Quick Silver and Time Stopper... coincidentally, all of them were my favs in their group, except for Bengali).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  18. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to se Mon*Star in the flesh (so to speak) in the ns. Just not as an every week recurring villain., a few episodes like Safari-Jo and Capt. cracker where in the os.

19. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Personally, I like the idea of the show having a new Big Bad every season. The anime show Star Blazers was the first one I know of that did this: the first season had the Gamilons, the second had the Comet Empire, and the third had the Bolar Federation.

And of course there was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You had The Master (season 1), Spike and Drusilla, and later Angelus (season 2), Mayor Wilkins (season 3), Adam (season 4), Glory (season 5), The Nerds of Doom (season 6) and The First (season 7).

Having a show do this keeps both the villains from outstaying their welcome and the show itself from getting stale. Eventually, at some point, the villain has to be put down once and for all. If he keeps coming back like Jason, Freddy or Michael Meyers, it gets old, and the reaction ultimately becomes "Oh, that guy again? Why can't they just kill him?" Changing the villains up every so often helps to avoid that and keeps it exciting.

Ocelli and I had a similar idea with our story arcs. Slithor is ultimately dealt with for good at the end of the first one. Then in the next we would introduce the Marauders, who have been wandering in space in exile. Their leader is named Malik, who was Grune's second in command. And he would have a plan to clone Grune a new body that involves his other sabretooth, which they have been keeping as a sort of holy relic.

Not only would this be a break from the usual Mutant and Mumm-Ra type of villains, but it would also provide a look at what the Thundercats would do if they had to deal with those of their own race who don't live by the Code as they did, and contrast the two. From a dramatic and story standpoint, it would be pretty interesting, I think.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  20. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I don't have an issue with having a different villain next season. My issue is using a Silverhawks villain for it. I mean if it turns out Silverhawks did get a relaunch how would Silverhawk fans like it if their Big Bad was over-exposed in Thundercats land and they couldn't have him? I know I would think it was weird as heck if the Silverhawks had Mumm-Ra for a whole season.