Will you support a preorder model for ThunderCats Classics?

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Sep 24, 2018.

?

Would you support ThunderCats Classics through a PREORDER model?

1. Yes, sign me up!

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nooooooooh!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

With the potential return of ThunderCats Classics by Mattel, there has been lots of speculation on how it will return and how we can buy it. Will it follow a similar pattern than Matty Collector or will it be available online as a day of sale, or how about a similar preorder model like with Super 7? Cast your vote and say why you voted the way you did.
    Please don't vote NO if you have no intention of supporting this line.
    #wewantmorethundercats #tellmattel

Please also vote in this poll on Instagram and Facebook at.

2. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Definitely. I know a lot of people hated the sub model but I had no issues. I think a pre-order model is the way to go. Bring back Matty Collector.

jabus and Sebastiaan like this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I votd yes because as much as I dislike the subscription method it is the only way to ensure getting the figures now thanks to the scalpers who selfishly buy toys to deprive others so they can make a substantial profit.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Yes that’s a valid point Mark! If Mattel were to rerelease wave 1, what changes would you want made? Or would you like them to be released as is? I recall some mention about Lion-O’s face? Perhaps an “ultimate” edition of select characters a la Super 7 MOTUC Ultimates?

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they were to rerelease them I think it would be a good idea to make some slight changes to entise both people who got the first release and people who skipped the line.
    It is fair to say that the majority could be improved.
    Panthro is pretty much perfect. Aside from maybe an extra accessory or perhaps a small characters like Snarfer or or a Berbill there isnt much else he needs.
    Same for Jackalman. I know we wont get better proportioned/built limbs but they could at least assemble the knees on the correct legs this time.
    Kit and Kat could have better face paint apps and they can fix Kat's sleeve colour.
    Mumm-Ra could be released with a proper soft goods material cape which would look and function a lot better. Much like the Star Wars Black Series figures.
    Pumyra could have her height/leg length adjusted as she is much too tall and personally I think a nicer face sculpt with a happy expression would be a real help as her expression is rather dull.
    Lion-O needs the most improvement but if they even just gave him some new boots to alter his height it would be vast improvement. Of course like Pumyra a better face sculpt with a happy expression would be better than the bland look the original release had. He could also come with Snarf.
    And his clawshield could be smooth and metallic. The clawshield isn't furry. In the cartoon he showed Mumm-Ra his reflection with it.
    With those improvements he would be near perfect.
    Also Mattel could make a new plain crotch piece like Marvel Legends, WWE, Multiverse etc and get rid of that stupid ugly rubber underpants crotch piece. It really spoils the look and limits the articulation.
    Some new vintage style packaging something like the MOTUC Ultimates or the Star Wars Black Series would be nice.

shortfuse and Sebastiaan like this.
  6. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I voted yes for this reason too. If they aren't going to be in stores I don't want to pay triple on eBay.

As for re-releases of the first lot. I wouldn't want to see it for a while. Give us new stuff first. I don't want the first wave or waves, to be complete or partial re-buys of stuff I already have. Part of being a collector is missing the boat on some stuff. If the come lately crowd are to be catered for it shouldn't be first.

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  7. Sebastiaan

Thanks Mark! All good points and interesting comments. Personally I dislike soft goods but I hear where you are coming from.

Mark M likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Agreed! I won’t mind rereleases but then I would like it to be released only after a few new ones have been released and also with changes/new accessories or even part of a 2 pack with another figure to make it worthwhile buying.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree rereleases should not be first. They should sporadically rerelease them a bit like they did with various MOTUC figures like He-Man, Skeletor, King Greyskull etc.
    However I will say a new Lion-O should definitely be released as soon as possible.
    The original release is the weakest in the line up.
    As the leader/main character he really should be flawless and one of the best figures.
    @Sebastiaan I know what you mean about soft goods but there are some figures like Mumm-Ra that would really benefit from it. Like I said Star Wars Black Series,WWE and Mezco One:12 have done a great job with cloth accessories.
    Personally I alwas loved cloth capes and robes as they look and function so much better.
    A cloth cape is the only way for Mumm-Ra The Everliving to still have articulation instead of having his arms constantly held out like that awful Super7 MOTUC Sorceress figure.
    @Booshman another part of being a collector is sometimes the boat sinks. ;) LOL.
    With all the faults of the first wave the only figure in their current form I would even be interested in tracking down would be Panthro...but I definitely have no interest in paying the scalper eBay prices as I really dont think he is worth the price. Even the original Matty subscription price was a bit of a stretch compared to other toys that interest me that are on the market.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  10. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

100 % yes support..and sub..take my money please

jabus and Sebastiaan like this.
  11. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

I support a preorder model.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

IF Mattel do another Thundercats subscription I hope they don't do another dishonest bait and switch tactic like the last time.
    I think Mattel should be the ones apologising to the Thundercats fans and assuring them they will finish the core characters.

13. Sebastiaan

I know it is easy to say we got done in, and yes we were, but from what I understand the decision to stop wasn’t made by the people who were behind the line. With them fighting to bring it back now just shows how passionate they are. Plus I think that it is now very clear fans want at least the core lot to start with. I believe we will get them through a preorder model.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As long as the main cast get made that is really all that matters.
    Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf, Kit, Kat, Jaga, Mumm-Ra, Mumm-Ra TEL, Jackalman, Slithe, Monkian and Vultureman.
    To me that is the main cast.
    Pumyra, Bengali, Lynxo, Snarfer, Grune, Captain Shiner, Rataro, Berbils (characters that had LJN toys) are secondary characters and if they make them eventually thats great.
    Characters like the Lunatacks, Wollos, Dr Dometone etc don't really matter that much and it wont really matter if the line ends before they get made.
    I know some people will disagree with me saying that about the Lunatacks but I don't care, they were awful characters, well Chilla was okay she would be an exception. If they were released as toys I would have no interest in buying them and if I got them through a pre-order subscription I would have to sell them.

As long as the core characters get made that is really all that matters. It would be nice if a toyline could release all the characters we want but sometimes lines get cancelled.
    DC Icons is a great example. DC Collectibles really brought their A game to the table with that line making every figure unique sculpts and packing them with loads of articulation and accessories. Sadly though a lot of people complained about scale and wanted them to be bigger to match previous figures and Marvel Legends and DCUC. I wish they had at least released the planned Icons Shazam figure before it was cancelled but I am very happy with the figures they did release. They still released around 30+ figures in the line and thats a lot better than some other toy lines.
    Same with TMNT Classics from Playmates only making the 4x Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady. I wish they had made Shredder, Splinter and April etc.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Sebastiaan

I hear what you say about the core lot having priority. But I would disagree on excluding season 2 A-list characters. To me the core that will leave me satisfied are:
    Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf, Jaga, Mumm-Ra TEL, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, Bengali, Lynx-O, Snarfer, Grune, Rataro. The Berbils and Lunataks are iconic so a must. More than this is gravy.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would definitely love Bengali and Lynxo and Pumyra and all the Berbils. :D Being in the UK I did not see any Lunatack episodes until the DVDs were released. Even if I had seen them growing up I doubt it would have made any difference to how much I like them now lol.
    It's abit like my thoughts on MOTUC. There is alot of Filmation, She-Ra and concep characters that just don't interest me as toys. Had I stuck collecting MOTUC I would probably have sold well over 50% of them.

Sebastiaan likes this.