Wilycub's "Virtual" Custom Figures

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Wilycub, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Hello all,

A while ago, I had started a thread here titled "Which toy would you have liked to be made?" (http://www.thundercatslair.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8159)

After reading the responses that I got, I was inspired to create some custom figures which would look like they were part of the original figures created by LJN. So with the help of 3D sculpting software, Photoshop and a lot of hours in front of the computer :eek:, I have come up with these four "virtual" figures, complete with their MOC packaging. Hope you like them and I would love to hear your feedback. Thank you

WILLA:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BRUTEMAN:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MANDORA:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLAUDUS:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECES!

yOU NEED TO FIND WAY TO MAKE THESE!! COULD ONE PRINT THESE?

:thumbsup:

3. Wilycub

Thank you, sir! I'm very glad that you liked them. :) I have always been a huge fan of your custom creations.

Actually there is 3D printing being done in some countries where they could print out actual plastic toys from digital designs. But the price is a bit too high since it's a relatively new technology. Hopefully, 3D printing will get cheaper in the future and I might be able to produce hard copies of these for my collection.

4. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

wow, that is amazing. My jaw literally dropped when I saw the Bruteman. Your skills with photoshop and graphic design are amazing. Bravo!

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I love them all. They're all true to the classic LJN line. I'd like to see virtual custom figures for the Demolisher (w/Dirge), Wizz-Ra, Dr. Dometone, Mumm-Rana, the Netherwitch, Queen Tartara, Charr-Nin, Malcar, the Shadowmaster, Sundora, the Terrator, the Kymera, Ratilla, Snarfer, Molemaster, Jagara, Captain Bragg (w/Crownan), Nayda (Willa's sister), Turmagar, Screwloose, the Inflamer, Ro-Bear-Bob, Quickpick, Plutar, Burnout, a Giantor, a Trollog, Torr, Baron Tass, Mr. Grubber, Amortus, Two-Time, Leah, Snarf Eggbert, Snarf Oswald, and a Tabbot.

6. Wilycub

Thank you "Cap'n Cracka" and "Daremonger" for your kind words. I will keep the list of characters you mentioned in mind as I continue designing new characters. :)

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

You're welcome.

8. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Wilycab these are amazing customs you have done there. Great artistic skills my friend!!
    I am drooling over your pieces.You have so much talent.This Mandora is one of a kind.
    Are you planning on selling any? i'd certainly consider buying Mandora and Willa

9. Daremonger

If they were real-life figures, they would sell in a heartbeat.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Moleman

Here I join the ranks of the wowed. Amazing.

You were particularly ingenious at solving Willa's and Claudus' outfits.

11. Wilycub

Thank you, sir! :) Well if they had been real figures, I definitely would have considered selling them. But they are just "virtual" creations made in computer software, currently residing in my hard-drive.

Thank you! Maybe one day, when 3D printing becomes affordable, I could start my own production line. :D

Thank you! I'm glad you noticed and appreciated that. Trying to figure out how to correctly depict the outfits onto an LJN-type figure base is probably the most difficult part of the creation process.

12. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

These are absolutely stunning! Having these as real life figures would be my dream come true! I would love to see your take on the Lunataks!!

13. Wilycub

Thank you! The "Lunataks" are definitely on my to-do list.

14. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Amazing designs! What a cool use of digital tech! I'd love to see your Claudus in plastic!

15. Wilycub

Thank you! Hopefully someday I'll be able to afford having these designs made in plastic.

16. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Those are amazing, great work!

17. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Barbarian

Absolutely marvelous job. I am a product design graduate as well, looking forward to study MA in Toy Design.

There are several companies in the UK that can 3D print those for a relatively cheap price and with durable polymers. If you consider selling a few customs, I can check out what's best for action figures.

18. Daremonger

Wilycub's a genius. :)

19. pixieking

pixieking Junior Member

Claudus and Mandora are my favorites and looks perfect for a vintage resurgence!!

20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Any new virtual figures in the pipeline?