WIP Thunderstrike custom

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by mmartino, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mmartino

mmartino Junior Member

Hi fellow Thunderfans. I am working on the much wanted Thunderstrike. Ever since i saw the pic of the prototype when i was a kid i wanted this toy. I was also a bit disappionted the prototype did not look like the show but i still wanted it. I bought the lasersabers as a kid just so i could have the card with the thunderstrike prototype pic and i would look at it for hours.

Now i decided to make it and make it closer to the show instead of copying the prototype. I am making two of these and will end up selling one on ebay eventually. I will need to eventually work on the side cars but for now i am working on the middle part. I will also make a removable briale board for Lynx-o. Fellow fans, let me know what you think so far and why o why did bandi never think to make this toy when they owned the licence for our much loved Thundercats.

Unfortunately i tried uploading pics but it keeps saying i have gone beyond my quota but you can find the pics here: http://www.thundercats.ws/thunderstrike-wip-41898/

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The ThunderStrike is a brilliant ThunderCat vehicle.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Very cool and nice work! There is so much from the thundercats universe that went unproduced.

4. mmartino

mmartino Junior Member

Update on the Thunderstrike custom

Hi fellow Thunderfans. I have almost completed one of the side cars. In my 20 years of experience in customizing toys this has been one of the hardest toy projects i have worked on. I still need to finish painting the side car and adding stickers. I finished the interior and made it look like it does in the show. The side car clicks onto the main one and can be removed when you pull hard. I used clear acrylic cabinate fastners to do this. I wont be able to make a second side car for now untill i buy another toy vehicle i expanded to fit Thundercats toys. I will post more pics soon. Its a super large toy and I see now why they made a small prototype version in the 80's.

I really would have liked bandi to make this vehicle to spare me the hassle of making it. They would make mad profit. When the Thunderstrike debuted in the show I was very excited and couldnt wait to go to toys r us hoping it would be made for retail. after seeing it in the back of the lasersabers packaging i went everywhere looking for it. So mad they did not make it. Fellow fans let me know what you think!

I wanted to add the pics but it says i exceeded my quota so you can find them here: http://www.thundercats.ws/thunderstrike-wip-41898/

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I commented in the other forum as well, but once again great work!

6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I saw the rest of the WIP. It's coming along really well.

7. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

That is awesome. Please post more pics.