Wish List

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by CodeofThundera, May 17, 2011.

1. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Does anyone have any wishes regarding the new series?

I have a big wish.

They've given Larry Kenney, the original Lion-O, the role of Lion-O's dad Claudus in the new series.

I would love to hear Peter Newman, Lynne Lipton, and Earle Hyman voice characters as well. I saw on Earle's imdb page that he hasn't done any acting work in about 10 years, so hopefully he would be able to.

2. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

You mean voice the parents of the characters they originally did?

That would be :cool:.

3. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Well if we see parents for the other characters, or they could voice different characters in the show. Since apparantly Tygra is adopted by Claudus, maybe we could come across his dad at some point, maybe in a memory or something, and Peter could play that part. I more want to hear Peter's Tygra voice than any other type voice he did.

4. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I think Tygra's parents could appear in the show in many ways (and all of them could be voiced by Peter):

a) as a memory
    b) they dying and delivering Tygra to Clawdus
    c) Tygra somehow eventually meeting them (who were still alive)

5. Demolisher

Demolisher Moleman

My wish id to finally find out when the show starts airing!

I think we aren't getting much infrmation at all, is that normal for an animation show. I'm not talking about spoilers etc but just a look of the characters or an air date.

I'm waiting impatiently you know :-P

6. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

my wish is for when we outside the US are getting it and what channel will be showing it

7. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Right now, my wish is for a new trailer with Tygra's, Cheetara's & Panthro's voices in it.

8. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Yes! Mine too!

9. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Demolisher, I don't know. I don't ever remember waiting in anticipation for a new show to start airing. I'm unimpressed with Cartoon Network though. Every time I surf and see the channel, I never see anything remotely interesting looking on it. And their web site seems to be very lacking. I would be feeling much better if the WB were airing this on their channel. I don't understand why a WB show would air on Cartoon Network, but whatever.

Tygra Rules, I like your c) choice the best! So much potential if Tygra found his dad alive!

10. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Cartoon Network is Owned by Time Warner.

11. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Oh.

You'd think they could do better. I keep thinking they could play the old 80's cartoons on that channel. I'm sure kids would tune in. I remember them playing old cartoons when I was a kid that I loved watching, like Space Kiddettes for example. The Littles were a little before my time, I loved watching them. The old Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry as well. There were a lot of great cartoons in the 80's that I loved watching as a kid. I keep thinking Cartoon Network could be so much more improved if they aired those.

Off topic, I saw some cartoon on tv the other day, I think it was on Disney. Animated cartoons have really gone to the dogs, imho. The characters look stupid, again imho. The animation just looks cheap.

12. balgus82

They moved most of those to Boomerang I think. Tho I don't get that channel. The only old show you see now is Tom and Jerry.

I agree though. I'd rather see old good shows than this live action crap they've been showing lately.

Hole in the wall? Childrens Hospital? o.O I die a little inside each time I see one of those shows.

13. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

They have a cartoon called Children's Hospital? Yeah, I don't get the Boomerang channel.

Nickelodean is coming out with a new Airbender cartoon next year. Takes place 80 years in the future with the rise of the next avatar. Hopefully that will be as good as the original series. I never came across that cartoon series until I saw the movie and decided to buy the cartoon dvd's because I liked the movie. That was a quality cartoon.

14. balgus82

No...Childrens Hospital is live action. :(

Avatar is Miles above most other modern cartoons. I have no doubt the new Avatar series will be good.

Anyway we're kinda de-railing the thread here. lol

15. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Yeah, a lot of the old 'toons are on there. Do you get YouTube? I wasn't able to watch Boomerang until I switched cable providers.

16. Cloudcat

Cloudcat New Member

My two favorite shows are Thundercats and Dragonball Z. I also abhor the new cartoons. They were made by beaureucratic baboons smoking incense while meditating on school textbooks. Anyway, my wish for the new show is for some romance and for Lion-O to actually start hitting people with his sword. Come on, man! It's a sword! You hit people with it! Basically I want more melee combat. The old show didn't have much of people hitting each other, even thought the Thundercats wield medieval-esque weapons. What? I like watching people hit each other.

17. Shibo

Shibo Junior Member

I hope the series will be release in other countries too.

18. lepris

lepris Junior Member

I'd like to see an original character brought in. Maybe a leopard, ha ha.

19. balgus82

well you do see sword fighting in the trailers.

20. nickmills

nickmills Multimedia Guru TC.org Staff

Personally, just out of respect, I'd like to see former cast-members brought in to play one-off or episodic characters (Hachiman etc). Peter Newman's voice is incredibly good for someone who voiced over Monkian etc twenty-odd something years ago and Lynne Lipton would work well as an elder ThunderCat/character. Earle, too, although he was the older out of the whole lot of voice-actors and his voice has aged considerably. The fact that only Larry is being associated with this project is slightly bothering - Adam West, for example, came in for 'The Grey Ghost' during a Batman: Animated Series episode and it was the best out of the lot. It shows respect to the people that helped pave the way - and Peter, Earle and Lynne definately did (out of the living ThunderCats original cast, anyway).