Wm.Graves collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by William Graves, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Groovy!!

William Graves likes this.
  2. William Graves

William Graves Glass Walker

It's been awhile since I posted anything. Been busy lol.

I got an email from cbcs about my signed filmation Ghostbusters comic set and they are ready to be shipped back to me. They received them Oct 5th so I'm kinda happy with the turnaround since I payed for the cheapest plan with my free account.
    [​IMG]
    9.0 - VERY FINE / NEARMINT+

8.5 - VERY FINE+

8.0 - VERY FINE

7.5 - VERY FINE-

A VERY FINE comic book appears to have been read a few times and has been handled with care. These grades allow for some more defects than higher grades. Overall an above average copy and still very collectible.

• Some of the above defects along with a fold or crease in the cover that breaks color.
    • Some stress marks on spine.
    • A few small chips on the cover.
    • The cover has some slight surface wear but still has much of its original gloss and there is nothing major wrong with it.
    • Sun shadows, dust shadows and tanning can be darker and have more of a visual impact than those in higher grades.
    I plan on taking pictures once they get back to me. I'm not too thrilled with the 7.5 and 8.5 considering I was wanting at least 9.0 or higher on all of them. But granted Howard Bender the penciler opened the issue (7.5 graded one) and did a color drawing in the back pages of the main characters.

I also didn't plan on reselling no matter how the grade came out. It was the first time I ever contacted a comic artist before plus I've got a one of kind correspondence with Mr bender. I couldn't put a price on it if I did want to sell lol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Wilycub likes this.
  3. William Graves

Ok got this little gem in today....We'll maybe not a gem but still pretty interesting lol
    FROM 1986, ISSUE #31 ENTITLED "LOS MININOS COMICOS", IS A PARODY OF THE THUNDERCATS (LOS FELINOS COSMICOS)
    [​IMG]

Mark M, shortfuse and Wilycub like this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Pretty neat!

5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Snoopy chasing Snarf! Priceless :biggrin Great find, William. :thumbsup

6. William Graves

My Spanish is not up to par so I can't really read it but I saw it and had to grab it.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What an awesome piece. As a Thundercats and Snoopy fan I really like this piece.

8. William Graves

Here's some images I got from the listing when I bought it. Unique art style don't you think? Lmao.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

adssse and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.
  9. William Graves

Here's another parody comic I found from same seller. But I figure I share it since I figured there's some silver hawk fans here too. So go grab it up. But shipping my be slow. I paid dec.5 didn't update the ship info till around the 12th and did get it until yesterday. So a month total.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/192051900956

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Reminds me of the Thundercats parody that was in some episodes of the UK programme 'Round The Bend' called Thunderpants.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

haha that is very 'unique'. I enjoy Thundercats of all kinds, and even something like this is great!