WonderCon 2011 - ThunderCats

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mumm-Ra, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

You know what? I like what I've been hearing, especially since they got the guys who worked on Avatar: The Last Airbender on their side.

Sweet! :)

2. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Intro'ing my daughter to the old show tonight, she sat through the entire first disc and has declared she loves it and is wandering around singing the theme. She already has questions about inconsistencies, but for an ADHD bi-polar in her manic (read: hyper) phase to be able to sit through 6 eps non-stop ... well, that says something for the show, eh?

Hope CN will have the eps available to watch online, since we don't have cable.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

There's always YouTube. Works for me with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  4. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

A lot of current shows get the youtube eps pulled. :(

5. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Still, they usually last a few months and sometimes trolls just get them removed. But I'll tell you what, rip the episodes from YouTube; there are dozens of programs online or otherwise they do that sort of thing. Just rip the episodes before they get removed.

6. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

I just hope the new cartoon promotes development of a Thundercats game, a decent one at that. The online games are ok, but fully fledged console games, RPG style would be awesome.

7. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Who knows, episodes may eventually air Saturday mornings on the CW. Chances are now in favour of that thanks to 4kids' current issues. So the WB may want to make a block of their own stuff.

8. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

I wouldn't be surprised by that either, to be honest.

9. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

I thought they would air the episodes on Saturday mornings on CN.

10. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Personally I'm hoping for Friday nights. So few quality Saturday morning cartoons come on anymore its not the big deal it used to be unfortunately.

I mean ABC has gotten away with airing nothing but reruns of 4 year old live action Disney channel shows that have been canceled and no one bats an eyelid. Fox doesn't even try anymore and they used to have some of the best. and CBS is just....ugh.

The only one who keeps trying is WB and even they're running old shows like sonic X, Dragonball Z, and Yu Gi Oh.

11. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

CBS does have some Saturday morning cartoons, but *gag*. The golden age of Saturday morning cartoons gasped its last breath in the early 90s, and it had been dying for years by then.

12. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

I recall enjoying Saturday mornings till 2005. And that was mainly Kids WB, so I think the best place for Saturday morning for the Cats is the CW. Start of with Dragon Ball Z and then air Thundercats. That's like a mini dose of Toonami. XD

13. balgus82

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31901

New article with a few extra small pieces of info (parentheses are my own thoughts) including:

1. Tygra will be the team scientist. (which may be how he gets that armor. maybe he invents it.)

2. Vultureman and Monkian will have their own armies separate from Slythe. (no mention of Jackalman, but I assume he's the same.)

3. Driller is confirmed to be a villain.

4. apparently they're not going to try to top the old opening theme. (god I hope its not a stupid simple opening like Ben10 or something. They better at least try. that would make me rage so hard.)

5. an explanation on why Mumm-Ra can only transform into his everliving form for short periods of time.

6. and of course most importantly, they're going to explain what a 'blasted Samoflange' is." lol

nothing else really new besides that in the article.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the update balgus82:)

15. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Thanks for the update! You know, I'm really fine not knowning what a made up :panthro:samoflange is. I think it's funny that that's such an issue based on the outtake from the original cartoon. :rolleyes:

I too will be disappointed if the opening stinks.

:tygra:Tygra the team scientist. I guess that fits his original character some. He was called Tygra the architect in the original because he designed Cats Lair. It will be interesting to see what they do with that.

16. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Thanks Balgus.

Tygra already was the team's scientist in the old series. Remember "Wolfrat"? He invented the potion thhat turned the TCs back to their normal sizes.

Also, in many eps, when someone asked about him, other replied "he's outise, rsearching / looking for some ingredients / etc.

And in "Superpower Potion", when Vultureman attacked him, he's seen collecting something in a test tube. That's what a scientist does, right?

17. balgus82

He said there were more time restraints with the openings now. Shows just don't have long openings like they used to. For example the Ben 10 ultimate alien opening is just 20 seconds long.

But personally....I would rather have an awesome opening than an extra half minute of show. what's a half a minute to them? They could run the first minute of the old theme (and cut it off at the guitar solo) and I'd be perfectly happy. You'd loose less than a minute of actual show time. Heck that would make less animation they would need for the show in the long run making things cheaper for them too. I just don't get why they want to cut them down nowdays.

I always thought he was just an Architect.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

Well as far as cartoons go, he's a cute scientist. :cool:

I think the original could have ended after the lyrics portion was done and not necessarily show the villain side. Of course it seems kids today have no attention span. Just look at how there's virtually no hard candy shell in an everlasting gobstopper before you get too the soft candy center. (I bought some recently and was rather put out, they were a fav of mine as a kid.)

Probably to make room for commercials.

That's what I'd thought.

19. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I'm pretty sure Tygra was addressed as a scientist at least once.

20. balgus82

At this point I would even be happy if they made a full length opening for the premiere, and then shortened it later.....as long as the long version was on the DVDs. lol